On fire Raith v Accies

Question for Accies fans: After that fraud in October 2017, did Accies ever get their £1 million back?
Just wondered if not getting that money back was a major reason for where they find themselves?
On Rovers, it would be good if we could get on a wee unbeaten run and put the ‘clocks go back’ talk to bed. 3 games unbeaten for us.
I think Bert Raccoon's spent it all by now but could be wrong

Tbf, considering Zanatta fucking loved turning up against Ayr after he stunk the place out and moved to Raith, my money is on him scoring for Accies at the weekend.

He loved getting it up former clubs because fans tended to turn on him, from what I can gather.
For me, I don’t think as a whole (could be well off it), that he was disliked by Rovers fans. For me, he was a game changer on his day, and such a confidence driven player. Coming off the bench and trying to have a positive impact rarely happened because his confidence would be low. I would have preferred to keep him than McBride, but maybe because I’ve only seen McBride once (i think), so hard to tell at this stage. Just the fact Hamilton paid money for him is wild.

Really can't see us getting anything here, we struggle at Starks Park at the best of times never mind the worst.

Zanatta has been really poor so far, I dont think he's done anything of note yet and obviously didn't play against Cove. However I can actually see him starting this one, as Smith and Ngandu were absolutely rank rotten, so can see Rankin wanting to try him again.

Really can't see us getting anything here, we struggle at Starks Park at the best of times never mind the worst.
Zanatta has been really poor so far, I dont think he's done anything of note yet and obviously didn't play against Cove. However I can actually see him starting this one, as Smith and Ngandu were absolutely rank rotten, so can see Rankin wanting to try him again.
One's hat-trick for the reserves might earn him a starting spot again, but we could go with a narrow three of Ryan, Tiehi and Winter in some form if it's a back five. Agree about Smith and Ngandu missing out. Shiels played for the reserves yesterday so that might suggest McGinn will play on Saturday.

4 hours ago, accies1874 said:
7 hours ago, Scary Bear said:
Question for Accies fans: After that fraud in October 2017, did Accies ever get their £1 million back?
Just wondered if not getting that money back was a major reason for where they find themselves?
On Rovers, it would be good if we could get on a wee unbeaten run and put the ‘clocks go back’ talk to bed. 3 games unbeaten for us.

I think Bert Raccoon's spent it all by now but could be wrong

Only @Bert Raccoon can clarify. Hopefully he spent it on something nice.

16 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Kept the money under my mattress for a bit then tried to buy Twitter but some p***k outbid me so I'll probably just stick it towards the heating bill 

Bath salts will do you fine…make you feel so warm you take off all your clothes before running out naked to eat someone’s face! Great entertainment for the match!

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2012/05/30/153989768/bath-salts-drug-suspected-in-miami-face-eating-attack

On 02/11/2022 at 13:44, Double Jack D said:

Hope Zanatta plays and I hope we give him a decent reception. Without his early season form last season I hate to think where we could've ended up. 

Can’t see him getting a bad reception, don’t recall him leaving on even mildly bad terms.  He was just a bit frustrating last season as when he was good he was excellent but when he was poor his head dropped and he was totally anonymous. Seemed a likeable guy during interviews but it was definitely the right time to part company.  As mentioned above he helped us to a respectable league position with his beginning of the season form. Hopefully he doesn’t play a blinder on Saturday but otherwise best of luck to him at Accies. 

10 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Can’t see him getting a bad reception, don’t recall him leaving on even mildly bad terms.  He was just a bit frustrating last season as when he was good he was excellent but when he was poor his head dropped and he was totally anonymous. Seemed a likeable guy during interviews but it was definitely the right time to part company.  As mentioned above he helped us to a respectable league position with his beginning of the season form. Hopefully he doesn’t play a blinder on Saturday but otherwise best of luck to him at Accies. 

He’s Canadian, he’d be polite anyway. Now confirmed Thomson, Lang, Nolan, Ross and Gullan out…McBride questionable.

Included in this Saturday's programme:

- Interviews with Lewis Vaughan and, man of both clubs, Colin Harris.

- Report and pics from the Partick game.

- A past encounter from 1994.

- Another installment of Ally Gourlay's 'When the lion roared.'

- Plus all the usual stuff - Manager's notes, Quiz etc 

Only £3 in and around the ground.

3304067737.jpg

I'd imagine Zanatta will get a few pelters. If he scores, he'll shithouse our fans. If he's subbed off, sent off, or misses a sitter he'll get pelters. The league is getting better for players shithousing fans - it adds a wee extra element in games and it's hilarious to watch folk frothing at the mouth. 

10 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I'd imagine Zanatta will get a few pelters. If he scores, he'll shithouse our fans. If he's subbed off, sent off, or misses a sitter he'll get pelters. The league is getting better for players shithousing fans - it adds a wee extra element in games and it's hilarious to watch folk frothing at the mouth. 

Absolutely. Great when it's us doing the shithousing and infuriating when we're on the receiving end of it, part of parcel of it. If Zanatta scores I have visions of him doing an Adebayor.

Missed last week so looking forward to today, we’ve definitely improved since the reverse fixture but we’re still a bit powderpuff up top relying on a young lad who is obviously inconsistent.  Thankfully our midfield are stepping up and we’ve got a couple of options in Vaughan and Big John on the bench to try and change a game. Thought Accies were poor last meeting but they’ve had time to build a team since so we’ll see how it goes. Clocks have changed and we love giving teams at the wrong end a wee gift most seasons so I’ll ignore the bookies odds. Long way to go but with Cove winning last night Arbroath and Accies will be desperate to avoid getting cut adrift from the pack chasing Ayr. 

7 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Missed last week so looking forward to today, we’ve definitely improved since the reverse fixture but we’re still a bit powderpuff up top relying on a young lad who is obviously inconsistent.  Thankfully our midfield are stepping up and we’ve got a couple of options in Vaughan and Big John on the bench to try and change a game. Thought Accies were poor last meeting but they’ve had time to build a team since so we’ll see how it goes. Clocks have changed and we love giving teams at the wrong end a wee gift most seasons so I’ll ignore the bookies odds. Long way to go but with Cove winning last night Arbroath and Accies will be desperate to avoid getting cut adrift from the pack chasing Ayr. 

You beat me to it. But with recent wins against Cove and Arbroath maybe we're losing that habit. With Queen's Park losing last night and Patrick and Dundee playing each other a win would guarantee we move into the top four.

In fact, depending on results we could be second!

Edited by Raith_Raver

With Queen's Park losing last night and Patrick and Dundee playing each other a win would guarantee we move into the top four.
In fact, depending on results we could be second!

Not quite true.
Inverness, Morton and Partick could all win which, even with a win, would only see us move up to 5th- in that case it would be extremely tight at the top with Ayr/Morton/ICT on 24, Partick 23 and us 22.

As you say, we could be second but that would mean we’d need Ayr to win which would mean we’d be 5 points off the top in second as opposed to 2 points off the top in 5th in the above scenario! [emoji2962]

But of course it could go the other way and we could be languishing in 7th, eight points off the top by the end of the day.

18 minutes ago, Paco said:

First time we’ve been expected to win a game this season. There was a bit of pressure on the Cove home match which we dealt with well, but I don’t think it was expectation.

The fear is real.

That's usually where the wheels come off, right enough.