On fire Raith v Accies

Think a few others have mentioned it but that's exactly the type of game we'd have lost under McGlynn. Like last Saturday the 2nd half was excellent and a very professional performance.

You can see the work Murray has put in with the squad is starting to pay off now. We won't play well every week and we will lose again but we're seeing a backbone to our team now.

Again like others have said it was really hard to pick one player out today but I really want to mention Dick and Millen. Dick is like a man possessed at the moment and Millen looks a different player. Amazing what can happen when players get a bit of confidence. Brown in the middle was again outstanding. Him and Spencer just do the basics really well and that allows Stanton the freedom to play.

Another good Saturday all round. Roll on next week!

3 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

How shite must Dario Zanatta be if he’s on the bench/can’t even get on the pitch for that accies side 

Think we all saw how Darios performances tailed off last season. If he’s playing like he did the second half of the season for us then it’s no surprise he’s not starting. Wish him well though and hope he can get back on track. Good to see him get a decent reaction from our support today. 

Raith's highlights:

I didn't actually realise at the time that Lawson got the assist for the goal. That's his sixth of the season and he's had big contributions to others as well as just assists. I think it's fair to expect more from him during a game, but he's still a key player.

The third goal really is a shambles.

Looking at the highlights that number 17 for Accies has a real physical presence and its the first time O'Riordan has been pulled around like that , so I'm sure he will have learnt from that.

Other than that rovers looked so confident breaking forward, looking at the opportunities it could have been 5 or 6. Stanton had 3 good chances, Vaughan had 1 from distance, connolly had one that went across the face of goal and Brown forced a top drawer save in the first half. 

It's going to be a long season for Hamilton. 

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

Raith's highlights:

I didn't actually realise at the time that Lawson got the assist for the goal. That's his sixth of the season and he's had big contributions to others as well as just assists. I think it's fair to expect more from him during a game, but he's still a key player.

The third goal really is a shambles.

Lawson looked good in the game we played at your ground earlier in the season too. Always wants the ball, finds space really well, always wants to go forward with it but I think he's always just too deep to impact more than he has done. 6 assists is great return in a side near the bottom though. 

As for our 3rd goal, looking at the replays, i'm glad Dick got the touch as I think O'Riordan was offside if he'd got there instead.

34 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Soft!

For me its just not a penalty

Eastons goal is belter,some save from Accies keeper in the 1st half

Another comfortable win and excellent 3 points 

Agree, didn't think it was a penalty either. The ref gave Hamilton a free kick for something very similar a few minutes before that too, clearly he thought it was similar, yet still wrong.

19 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Agree, didn't think it was a penalty either. The ref gave Hamilton a free kick for something very similar a few minutes before that too, clearly he thought it was similar, yet still wrong.

The ref was giving soft fouls all match so I suppose the only difference this time was it was in the box. 

At the match I thought it was a penalty but not so sure after watching the highlights. 

No problems for me. Highlights on official site come up instantly on one tap on the phone. First goal is an absolute beauty. Just can't see where the penalty came from for the second. I'd have been extremely unhappy if it had been awarded against my team,(Morton anyone?). Third goal may have been offside. Difficult to tell. Thems are the breaks you hope to get in a game and usually go against you if your struggling at, or near, the bottom.