On fire Raith v Accies

48 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

You beat me to it. But with recent wins against Cove and Arbroath maybe we're losing that habit. With Queen's Park losing last night and Patrick and Dundee playing each other a win would guarantee we move into the top four.

In fact, depending on results we could be second!

Aye mental division this year with Cove now moving within 5 points of second all be it with an extra game. I wouldn’t be betting heavily on any game in this league as everyone can clearly beat each other and a wee run could see some major position changes. Let’s hope we can get the result today and put some space between us and the bottom. I’ll only relax if we’re 5 up against Accies as I remember to 4-4 game. 

3 hours ago, Paco said:

First time we’ve been expected to win a game this season. There was a bit of pressure on the Cove home match which we dealt with well, but I don’t think it was expectation.

The fear is real.

This feels like a bit of a pivotal moment for our season. Win and we firmly distance ourselves from the relegation battle and push ourselves into the mix for the good play offs. Lose and we have Cove on our coat tails and we're back to looking at who is behind us rather than who is ahead of us. 

Plus after missing last week's match I'm looking forward to this, which never seems to end well. 

He was getting onto his right plenty against Arbroath but crumbled every time he did.

I'm not sure what Rankin will do here as we were good after moving to a back three against Cove, but we're not gonna dominate this game enough to get away with Virtanen in the middle of defence and The Banter King in the Scotland Tierney role. Start Tiehi, though, and consider giving McGinn a start.

Need a strong start. And finish. And middle.
Well it looks like he's pretty much gone with what worked in the second half against Cove. It'll be interesting to see.

I can only imagine Fulton's not fit enough to start but strange he's on the bench.

4 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Why would you change a team that had such a convincing win last week?

Why not? In all seriousness, it’s more of a comment about IM’s dedication to Easton over the last month despite underwhelming play at times. It wasn’t a comment that Matthews SHOULD Abe in today, but more why he’s featured so little so far.

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

Why not? In all seriousness, it’s more of a comment about IM’s dedication to Easton over the last month despite underwhelming play at times. It wasn’t a comment that Matthews SHOULD Abe in today, but more why he’s featured so little so far.

Matthews came on wide left for Easton last week to close the came out. It’s not a viable option for the start of a game when you are looking to win.

Matthews is a centre midfielder, he can only come in for Spencer, Brown and Stanton who are all playing very well both individually and as a collective. I really like Matthews but it’s no surprise he isn’t starting yet, he’ll have to be patient and wait for a drop off in form from one of the midfield 3.

16 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Matthews came on wide left for Easton last week to close the came out. It’s not a viable option for the start of a game when you are looking to win.

Matthews is a centre midfielder, he can only come in for Spencer, Brown and Stanton who are all playing very well both individually and as a collective. I really like Matthews but it’s no surprise he isn’t starting yet, he’ll have to be patient and wait for a drop off in form from one of the midfield 3.

I understand that thinking, but that’s assuming we remain with one forward only…now McBride, Vaughan and Little John are available, plus Gullan soon, I’d expect to see two more often.

50 minutes ago, TxRover said:

That aged poorly…😝😝😝

In a way that we haven't really even hinted at doing up til now this season, our fullbacks have been unleashed. Ngwenya is sitting about fifteen yards further forward than his usual "neutral" positioning, with Brad Spencer hovering in as potential cover. Brown is doing the same on the other side, but as of now neither has really been called into action defensively because Hamilton just can't work out how to cover the Rovers in the middle or final thirds. There are huge gaps everywhere. 

Just now, Against The Machine said:

Wow. That's maybe the first time O'Riordan has been properly exposed since he joined. Totally suckered in and turned far too easily by Tiehi. 

Thinking the same…that’s the first real “whoops” we’ve seen from O’Riordan in a few weeks.