ICT v Bobby Linn

Great to see young Shanks get a goal. I thought we were losing for sure until Dick’s late Subs as we were being overrun for about 15 minutes in the second half. Hancock looked more comfortable at lb than Goldy had and Fosu injected a lot more energy into the midfield. Overall a pleasing point which could have been 3 in the end.

22 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Considering Hamilton lost not a bad result for Arbroath 

Yes, would've taken a point pre match and also scoring a goal from someone other than Bobby Linn.

Off the bottom onwards and upwards.

Smokies and wine.

Thought Inverness were probably the better footballing team overall as to be expected but credit to us coming from behind and sticking at it. 
looked like we had a bit fight about us and thought we finished the game strongly. Well done to shanks who worked his backside off throughout and deserve his goal.

good to get off the bottom And hopefully get bodies back next week

My protest against what I regard as needless shenanigans involving poppyism was private.

David Carson's spontaneous display of incompetence was rather more public. Whilst I, given his obvious commitment to our team, have sympathy for him, his actions turned three comfortable points into a relieved one.

Kudos to Nathan Shaw and the delight at his goal in particular and performance in general was a joy to behold.

We were dreadful for long periods. Absolutely nothing going on in the final third of the pitch. Too often we tried to force balls wide towards Shaw and Doran instead of trying to patiently work the ball forward. 

When we did this in the second half it coincided with our best spell of the game. Then Carson's error let Arbroath back in and we resorted back to route one with Dodds also taking off Oakley (makes sense) and we were second best thereafter. Arbroath could easily have won it. 

Delaney looked good, Shaw had a good game and Mckay worked his socks off as usual. Beyond that though... 

Bit of a relief to come away with a point. Wasn’t at the game but as soon as I saw us go 1-0 down, I thought that was it, great to actually score.

Imo Shanks has proven now that he simply has to play and his goals to minutes played is actually half decent considering where we are. No it’s not ideal to have to play a young, raw striker but we have no other options.

Dare I state the obvious but next week is a massive, massive game. Win and we’re just keeping in touch with the pack, lose or draw and we’re in danger of being marooned (pun intended) at the bottom or with Accies. Hamilton have 2 very tough games next so if we can pick up a win… or two, then we can at least open up a bit of a gap over them.