Falkirk vs Dunfermline 5.11.22

25 minutes ago, Girth said:

How’s Craig Wighton doing (generally) in League One Pars fans?

Thank you. 

I’d put it as ok currently.  He spent early season playing wide in a front three which didn’t really suit him especially carrying injury to both knees.

He then spent a while out for treatment and has come back in playing upfront, now fit beginning to really click into gear.   Scored with his first touch at Alloa and then once returned to the starting line up where he’s got 3 goals and 1 assist in the 4 games.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

I suppose at home you'll be expected to come out and play a bit in an effort to get the win. You definitely didn't defend in depth at EEP the way you did yesterday, in either half.

Not really, if we're still 7 point ahead when you come to EEP a draw would be absolutely fine. 

23 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Not really, if we're still 7 point ahead when you come to EEP a draw would be absolutely fine. 

Aye that's very true. I was thinking more in terms of your general game though, not just against us.

38 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye that's very true. I was thinking more in terms of your general game though, not just against us.

That's the most passive we've been this season, we were actually the second highest pressing team in Scotland before yesterday, McPake seems willing to adjust and change the team based on what we're coming up against. 

17 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

That's the most passive we've been this season, we were actually the second highest pressing team in Scotland before yesterday, McPake seems willing to adjust and change the team based on what we're coming up against. 

Credit to Mcpake as he actually uses some tactical knowledge compared to the 2 imposters last season who only had one way of playing. 2 winnable games coming up where 6 points are a must

54 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

If we're seven points clear at new year I'm probably not even worried about falkirk as a title challenger, alot to be decided but there could easily be 3 closer challengers than that.  If that's the case the three points at home to a mid-table side may become more important.

44 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

4 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Our general game has been to defend first and exploit mistakes where we can,  where we feel the opposition are not going to attack much we've gone a bit more attacking, for example removing hamilton from midfield and allowing the wingbacks to get further forward. It's been working well so far.

We are very unlikely to try and contain clyde at home next week.   IMO we will be doing everything we can to unleash mochrie in a free role. when on saturday he was restrained and asked to make sure he did defensive duties.   

Could our season fall apart yeah sure,  if we lost benedictus and mochrie for the season i'd be very worried.  But would falkirk be happy without burell and McGinn? i doubt it. 

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
3 hours ago, Fifes Elite Force said:
Nail on the head. I said pre game that mcglyn will play the same as he always does. If we are prepared we will win. We wern't prepared in the first half at east end where you could have been out of sight. Second half we changed it in that game and tbh we played the same again yesterday

Yesterday was nothing like the second half at East End

It was tactically we just didnt need to score. We contained your threats. Btw just listened to mcpakes interview post match and he confirms it.

3 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I suppose at home you'll be expected to come out and play a bit in an effort to get the win. You definitely didn't defend in depth at EEP the way you did yesterday, in either half.

And were 1 down at eep and a draw yesterday would have been fine for us. No team really wants to defend deep its just the way the game pans out. There was a spell in the second half falkirk had a free kick and several corners that forced the pars back. But it came to nothing and thats the only time I thought we might be deep.

Anyway arguing about if we were deep at times is irrelevant. GIRFUP

2 minutes ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

And were 1 down at eep and a draw yesterday would have been fine for us. No team really wants to defend deep its just the way the game pans out. There was a spell in the second half falkirk had a free kick and several corners that forced the pars back. But it came to nothing and thats the only time I thought we might be deep.

Anyway arguing about if we were deep at times is irrelevant. GIRFUP

I actually regret saying that after a few pints you seem awright

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that.

Got off the bus about 2:45 and could already see the south stand at Falkirk was packed, “A Little Respect” by Erasure playing, crowd singing along I thought here we go, place is packed and they’ll be right up for it… then the game started. I totally get it, the number of times we’ve been going well, attracted a big crowd then sh*t it is too many to count. 

Very proud of the players, not pretty but I couldn’t give a toss how we get out of the league as long as we do. When we won it in 2015/16 we were entertaining, scoring high numbers of goals, great attacking play but I’d be quite happy to see us 1-0 it through to May this time around. Watching local lads Matty Todd and Chris Hamilton going radge during the goal celebration was absolutely mint.

Wonder if the Jesus Christ lookalike’s head has returned to earth yet, was in orbit at the end of the game as was a fair few others including the guy in the second half trying to jump the barrier, one leg up whilst being held back by stewards all whilst Deniz Mehmet was about to take a goal kick. 

Anyone know what time that Falkirk Daft podcast is tomorrow? Lube and tissues at the ready. 

Watched the Falkirk TV highlights. Confirms that they didn't really create anything of note but the best bit was the commentary. "36 minutes gone before Dunfermline's first shot on target" (Falkirk's came in the 91st). "AWWW Come on ref! Its not even obvious!" talking about Bene barging over Burrell (not sure what that means. Maybe he meant its clearly obvious?). Grudging praise at the full time whistle as it fades out so we can't hear the rest or get the post mortem on Falkirk. Chef's kiss indeed. 

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Watched the Falkirk TV highlights. Confirms that they didn't really create anything of note but the best bit was the commentary. "36 minutes gone before Dunfermline's first shot on target" (Falkirk's came in the 91st). "AWWW Come on ref! Its not even obvious!" talking about Bene barging over Burrell (not sure what that means. Maybe he meant its clearly obvious?). Grudging praise at the full time whistle as it fades out so we can't hear the rest or get the post mortem on Falkirk. Chef's kiss indeed. 

Just watched them after seeing this. What a slaver the commentator (and co-commentator) is. Similar attitude to McGlynn a lot of Falkirk fans on their thread. Happy to criticise Dunfermline for being ‘negative’ but completely ignoring the fact that Mehmet had absolutely nothing to do until 94 minutes had been played.

The ‘not even obvious’ thing made me laugh. It’s the fact he then repeated it as well, rather than correcting himself. Also enjoyed the commentator talking about how time was up, but the ref was giving them one last chance. Then sounding close to tears that they didn’t get another chance after that.

Can only really echo what's been said already, thought it was a poor game overall, neither side really got in to any kind of rhythm. 

Pars clearly came for a point and we couldnt break them down. I remember thinking about two minutes before the goal 'this has got 0-0 written all over it' so to then lose such a poor goal was very disappointing. A combination of us playing badly and a very disciplined and hard working Dunfermline team meant we had a lot of the ball but created pretty much nothing over the 90 minutes.

Can see based on that why the Pars havent scored or conceded many, and only lost once in 14 matches which is very impressive. Up to us to find a more consistent approach otherwise that gap isnt going to start coming down any time soon.

Fantastic turnout from both sets of fans and as usual we totally bottled it like we always seems to do at home in these kind of matches