Falkirk vs Dunfermline 5.11.22

Took in the game today, first pars game in must be nearly 15 years and absolutely loved it. As has been said, wasn't the best game but I never felt troubled by them. Plastic pitches are woeful and having played on that one and coached kids teams on it, it is shocking... bounce is so unnatural and just not great.

Not a fan of drums at games, but fair play the atmosphere was brilliant right throughout. Limbs at the goal were a joy to watch.

Jesus must be raging tonight..... 

7 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Defenders at a higher level wouldn’t allow that to happen. So that sort of routine would be rubbish there. Our coaches put a big emphasis on set pieces and it sounds like they identified the back post at corners as a way to hurt Falkirk and it worked. Doesn’t make them geniuses, there’s a reason our manager/coaching staff are at this level too. It just highlights how poor Falkirk’s set up at defensive corners is.

The reason I mentioned the zonal marking, is because we had 2 players unmarked out of the 4 we had in the box, as the ball came in. McPake seemed to suggest that he’d seen that set up when analysing Falkirk and what happened is what was expected. On the goal specifically, I’d assume that McGinn or Donaldson (potentially both) should have been covering that ‘zone’ but both looked lost/confused as Wighton had a free header. 

So this happened more than once during the game ?

I don't think we have defensively set up as  badly for a corner like that all season, yet your coaching staff planned that a way to score 😂

Today's game was gonna be won by either a piece of brilliant skill, a team mistake or a referee mistake. 

We struggle against the ugly side of the game, this is more what I think your coaches picked up on not on how to score a goal against us 

3 hours ago, MrDust said:

I don't think we have defensively set up as  badly for a corner like that all season, yet your coaching staff planned that a way to score 😂

They had a chance in the first half with a back post header from a corner then scored in the second half with one so I'd say McPake did plan that as a way to score

4 hours ago, MrDust said:

Today's game was gonna be won by either a piece of brilliant skill, a team mistake or a referee mistake. 

We struggle against the ugly side of the game, this is more what I think your coaches picked up on not on how to score a goal against us 

Watched the goal back and the other 3 Pars players that start around the penalty spot draw the 2 man-marking defenders to the front post. Then the zonal marking players move towards that area too. Wighton sneaks around the back unnoticed and the other Pars players just stop as they know the ball’s going to Wighton. Are you really trying to suggest that wasn’t planned? Everything is so deliberate, every man knows their job. I don’t know why you’re in denial about this? It’s really bizarre that you’re so bitter about this that you can’t even accept that was a planned move.

4 hours ago, MrDust said:

image.thumb.png.a33d2cb49459d4c964af3a47704bd1ba.png

image.thumb.png.b792f60b74b55b974615e33f8bd42835.png

The 6 yard box looks to be the exact same as against Kelty,  2 man markers further out as well, though as you'd expect slightly different positions,  only real differences is the man you have put on the edge of the six yard box against kelty has come out as we had two on the corner and that with us having a man on the edge of the box morrison has come back.

9 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Watched the goal back and the other 3 Pars players that start around the penalty spot draw the 2 man-marking defenders to the front post. Then the zonal marking players move towards that area too. Wighton sneaks around the back unnoticed and the other Pars players just stop as they know the ball’s going to Wighton. Are you really trying to suggest that wasn’t planned? Everything is so deliberate, every man knows their job. I don’t know why you’re in denial about this? It’s really bizarre that you’re so bitter about this that you can’t even accept that was a planned move.

You can add macdonald going up against henderson and dragging him out of his zone too. As much as falkirk will want to defend better, we've done our homework and executed it near perfect. 

8 hours ago, Specky said:

Took in the game today, first pars game in must be nearly 15 years and absolutely loved it. As has been said, wasn't the best game but I never felt troubled by them. Plastic pitches are woeful and having played on that one and coached kids teams on it, it is shocking... bounce is so unnatural and just not great.

Not a fan of drums at games, but fair play the atmosphere was brilliant right throughout. Limbs at the goal were a joy to watch.

Jesus must be raging tonight..... 

Can't agree about the pitch. Looked absolutely fine to me and didn't see any 'unnatural' bounces. Unnatural compared to what incidentally?

Dunfermline certainly mastered the art of falling to the ground dramatically, squealing and wriggling so the referee stops play.

This is absolutely delicious. Nonsense. But delicious.

The Dunfermline style of play wasn't great to watch. Hoofball. And every time we went near their box, a sniper took out one of their players with a head shot. 
And the referee, Jesus wept. 3 or 4 handballs not given to us. Stopping play every time one of them fainted. But gave us nothing. 

This is also delicious.

4 minutes ago, smpar said:

This is absolutely delicious. Nonsense. But delicious.

This is also delicious.

Yep. There was one instance of the game being stopped for an injury for what the referee thought was a head knock. And if Falkirk don't want folk falling over when they attack the box they could try winning the header rather than losing the aerial battle and then barging into defenders once the ball is away. Maybe that's part of the "right way to play" that's been so successful?

McPake frequently praises assistant Dave Mackay and the homework he does on his opponents in terms of both attacking and defending set plays. It’s probably a big part of the reason we have let in just 7 goals in 14 games. That and the face we don’t have a defence of Donaldson and Ambrose any more.

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
1 minute ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

That marking for the goal

Screenshot_20221106-100421_YouTube.jpg

Tbh, they're not that good a team. I think we're better than them in defence. We grind teams down. 

Our fans out sang their lot too. They did the Norrie chant and tried to access our fans post match. Absolutely tragic behaviour and flatter than a witches tit. 

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Can't agree about the pitch. Looked absolutely fine to me and didn't see any 'unnatural' bounces. Unnatural compared to what incidentally?

In terms of the height it bounces, I've not played on or seen many grass pitches where the ball bounces 10 feet in the air.  I do agree that it should encourage the ball being played on the deck, but that doesn't help.

1 minute ago, Specky said:

In terms of the height it bounces, I've not played on or seen many grass pitches where the ball bounces 10 feet in the air.  I do agree that it should encourage the ball being played on the deck, but that doesn't help.

The ball wasn't bouncing 10 feet in the air yesterday.