Falkirk vs Dunfermline 5.11.22

2 minutes ago, Wind Chime Jimmy said:

Ach away min. Your effort is hardly hold standard patter if you're honest with yourself 

Early on the vinos for you? You're all over the threads like a Falkirk fan and his sister.

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

, in our hearts we miss these big games like hell when we don't have them. C'mon man, be honest, admit it, right?

True. But i think that is the only fixture that falkirk can rely on to get a good support from has made you guys miss it more,.

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
3 minutes ago, 101 said:

Early on the vinos for you? You're all over the threads like a Falkirk fan and his sister.

Odd assumption..... about the Vino I mean. The 2nd part of your statement is relatively boring, literally. 

3 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Not really no, given there were 8,000 Falkirk fans at that game there were actually about minus 2,000 Pars fans there. That's how little we care. 

To be slightly less facetious, while there was an increase in the home support that day, it doesn't seem as big an uplift as the home support for this one. I guess there will be a fair few Falkirk fans who used to go to home games who have maybe given up after the past few seasons and who'll return for this game.

I actually agree with this. We have had a horrid past 3 seasons, I used to go to home games in a group of 7, I now go alone for most games but another 3 of the 7 are going tomorrow. I think we are currently on a bit of a high as McGlynn has definitely turned us in the right direction and given us a team to be proud of and get behind.

The crowd w**k argument is just banter, when you look at both teams attendances we both do well and many other teams in Scotland will look on enviously at the crowds we get. They won’t however be envious of the league we are currently in and that’s what matters most.

22 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

True. But i think that is the only fixture that falkirk can rely on to get a good support from has made you guys miss it more,.

If you mean in League 1 then you are correct. What other games in League 1 give you big crowds at EEP?

If you mean if we were to be in a League higher up the pyramid then you are talking guff.

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
13 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

The thread has been quite good I thought! Before the latest Par to show up...

Jovial inclusion and social inclusion. The you showed up. 

17 hours ago, parsdaft said:

1,587 tickets sold for the away end so far, 419 remaining so 79% full at the moment. 

Hopefully come Saturday won't be a kick in the arse off the whole game being a sell out.

1,698 tickets now sold for the away end since I last checked, 308 remaining, up to 85% of the stand being occupied now.

57 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Bet you wish we were down that season, we would have increased your crowds enormously. You do get big crowds when playing well but severely plummet when not doing so good.

Screenshot_20221104-091942_Google.jpg

1 hour ago, badgerthewitness said:

For all they've started the season well, I can't help but think there's a distinct MacKinnon/M&M feel about the current Dunfermline squad. Slightly better than our old rabble but not a great attacking side with an emphasis on not getting beat. Been scanning through the Halbeath Road thread & a few Pars seem optimistic about potential January window signings to cover any shortcomings. Doesn't work that way at this level, I'm afraid lads.

Looking for us to continue on our upward curve and, while I'll never be arrogant enough to suggest an easy win, I'm sure we'll give a great account of ourselves in front of a fucking sexy massive crowd. More confident for our season as a whole than this one match. We'll have our brain farts but we're getting there.

I think it's time to put to bed the "we bottle it against the better sides" chat. There are only 2 teams above us in the league & we've turned up against both.

1 defeat in 13 games so far and we have the look of your lot that’s been stuck at this level for years 😂

9 hours ago, kiddy said:

Obviously still hurting?

I guess I would be if you went on to win the actual competition, but you didn't, and subsequently got relegated the following season whilst getting pumped out of Europe by a team from Liechtenstein. Minter. 

55 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

I guess I would be if you went on to win the actual competition, but you didn't, and subsequently got relegated the following season whilst getting pumped out of Europe by a team from Liechtenstein. Minter. 

Team from Liechtenstein which had a far bigger wages bill than either Falkirk or Dunfermline and played majority of years  in the Swiss first division. They qualified for this year's conf league group stages by knocking out rapid Vienna and lost only 2 1 to Alkmaar the team that put 7 past Dundee United . Considering some of the dross that has put the likes of Motherwell and Kilmarnock out in recent seasons it wasn't really a minter at all .

Edited by Shodwall cat

14 hours ago, parsforlife said:

TBF as a club used to league 1 they’re getting a bit more excitable over the thought of possibly getting to play at a higher level than a club who were at that level months ago.

To be honest I'm looking forward to seeing the North stand actually occupied. Grim reality of being down here is the severe lack of away fans, negating the need to even open that stand most weeks. 

Team from Liechtenstein which had a far bigger wages bill than either Falkirk or Dunfermline and played majority of years at that point in the Swiss's first division. Considering some of the dross that has put the likes of Motherwell and Kilmarnock out in recent seasons it wasn't really a minter at all .

They are actually a pretty decent side in Europe every year and playing in the Europa Conference league group stages this season again.
Some of the hysterical media comments after that defeat were seriously lazy journalism …..

6 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Remembrance Sunday is next weekend. 

Doesn't stop clubs doing one before or after, as clubs for some reason think they absolutely must have one of their own and that being part of one as the away team isn’t enough.

Edited by DA Baracus