Falkirk vs Dunfermline 5.11.22

22 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I don’t think it’s that far away from being one, although I agree there is a lot of football still to play if we were to lose this and fall 7 points behind I wouldn’t fancy our chances of automatic promotion. A draw keeps things tight and a win I think would be massive for us in terms of belief and momentum.

22 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Falling seven points behind at the start of November when we've still to play each other twice, and with 22 games to play, a January window to get through and injuries and suspensions to kick in, isn't close to being out the title race. 

If we win it'll be good, however we're a small squad with a few key players, being seven points ahead and losing one of them would be massive. 

Actually, given JMcG’s history, Latapy may not be far off here. There was a strong tendency for JMcG teams to stagger toward the finish, after a pretty decent start, mainly due to what many fans felt was an inability to adjust tactics after opponents had gotten a look at the team twice in the season already and adjust their tactics. Time will tell if he’s fixed this blind spot, after all, he is apparently using subs before the 65th minute now.

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Tbf I sort of agree there is real pressure on us to win this one 

20221103_133247.thumb.jpg.61c42225d99b9bd4c9c5c9b808234c01.jpg

Dunfermline aren't dropping many points so catching them at a rate of 1 every 10 games isn't going to win us the league. Obviously those 2 losses to Kelty were absolute sickeners but I wouldn't trust us not to do it again. Saturday is a massive chance to make a statement (not a question) and finally build some proper momentum 

Dunfermline are unlikely to go an entire season scraping results so would expect more points to be dropped though as you say we will no doubt have a couple of shockers still to come.

Looking at that table made me realise that Sellik and Rainjurs are basically the Peterhead and Clyde of European football.

Can Falkirk arrange for the biggest roasters in their support to sit in the stand closest to the away fans. Seem to recall one guy having a full scale melt down after his team went 1 up before folding. Ta.

Just now, 101 said:

Can Falkirk arrange for the biggest roasters in their support to sit in the stand closest to the away fans. Seem to recall one guy having a full scale melt down after his team went 1 up before folding. Ta.

They won’t have to face mighty Myles Offside this time so will likely fancy their chances.

He was pretty decent when he first arrived from Livingston but ultimately a bit of a disappointment.
It was consistency with him. Mind he came on against Rangers and absolutely destroyed them.

Plus, for all the Dunfermline fans seem to be claiming him for the Derby, who can forget their entire club losing their shit when he won a penalty at EEP. Didn't they write to the SFA [emoji23]

50 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It was consistency with him. Mind he came on against Rangers and absolutely destroyed them.

Plus, for all the Dunfermline fans seem to be claiming him for the Derby, who can forget their entire club losing their shit when he won a penalty at EEP. Didn't they write to the SFA emoji23.png

ParsTV grassing levels that day put Lee Wallace to shame iirc 

Just now, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

ParsTV grassing levels that day put Lee Wallace to shame iirc 

It was quite the episode of tears and snotters. Think that's the same day of the famous photo of Sibbs walking down the tunnel through a proper baying mob, having beautifully plonked the cross for the winner right on Austins heid. 

That was during Houstons phase of playing godawful, rugby territory style hoofball in the first 45 minutes every week then getting our shit together in the second half. 

BTW the sponsor's logo on Falkirk's kit is horrible. Gives me the fear. 

Why did Falkirk play in their away kit against us at EEP? There is no clash whatsoever 😂 It's all white v all navy. Shite like that does my tits in. 

15 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I see the police have classified the game as ‘high risk’ thus requiring the deployment of horses, dogs and drones.

Seems totally over the top!!

It was the same against Hibs in the league cup this season and presumably why the stewards at EEP were going mental trying to keep the back row of the stand clear (god knows what difference that makes). Full body searches outside as well, only for every smoke bomb to make it in anyway. All totally unnecessary nonsense. 

28 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I see the police have classified the game as ‘high risk’ thus requiring the deployment of horses, dogs and drones.

Seems totally over the top!!

The behaviour of the fans at the last game won't have helped. 

1 hour ago, parsdaft said:

1,587 tickets sold for the away end so far, 419 remaining so 79% full at the moment. 

Hopefully come Saturday won't be a kick in the arse off the whole game being a sell out.

Falkirk have just announced over 7,000 tickets have been sold for the game which puts our numbers at around 5,400. Hopefully both sides can shift a couple of hundred more tomorrow/ Saturday morning