Falkirk vs Dunfermline 5.11.22

Enjoyed the game yesterday. I thought the atmosphere was very good. Pars fans especially in good voice. We were sat nearer them so could hear them more. We were supporting Falkirk so disappointed with the result but overall found it a good game. We liked Burrell. Looks decent. Gets stuck in and was all over the pitch. Reminded me a bit of Ivan Toney the way he plays. Finally added a Scottish football ground to my list of grounds visited. Will definitely try to get back next time I’m up. 
Worst bit of the day was the scores being announced as we were leaving and hearing ‘Nottingham Forest 1 Brentford 2.’ We thought we’d won as we didn’t realise it was a latest score. Then got outside, checked the phone and saw Forest got a last minute equaliser thanks to a Bees OG. Gutted. 😂

Absolutely rancid performance from us, one of, if not the, worst of the season so far.

Dunfermline's game plan was obvious from the start but we just kept trying the same tactics all day in the hope of something coming off. Kennedy should have been sacrificed early on with Alegria on to support Burrell who was hopelessly isolated.

The only one of our players who performed anywhere near his full potential was McCann. Donaldson, McGinn, Nesbitt and Burrell weren't completely hopeless but the rest were just guff. The substitutions didn't help much either. Oliver in particular brought nothing to the game. At one point McCann ran forward beating a couple of players but lost the ball which was knocked past Oliver. McCann then overtook him in an effort to win the ball back with Oliver just standing there looking lost! Pitiful.

I think Dunfermline already have the league in the bag. I just can't see them going on a poor run. It's not pretty to watch but obviously very effective. They'd have to lose at least three games more than us to give us any chance and I just don't see that happening sadly. 

Just now, Stellaboz said:

I've never seen us play with the strategy of "letting the opposition have the ball" but that literally looked like our game plan yesterday. And it worked. Falkirk barely did anything with it to much amusement. 

Some French dude in the 90s said that if I remember correctly “just let Scotland have the ball and we will beat them”basically telling us we would have no idea what to do with it if we had it 

I really don't think it's some big surprise that we would huff and puff against the best defence in the league, if they decide to concentrate on defending.

The reality of it is we lack the creativity in the middle of the park to break down a good defence. Most of us could have told you that beforehand. Probably most of us didn't expect the way Dunfermline set up, probably having seen quite an energetic, to and fro affair at East End.

This isnt really some shocking failure on McGlynns part, so much as it is our weaknesses manifesting themselves when a team has the tools to exploit it.

A lot of teams will try similar this season but won't have the required quality to keep us out.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Absolutely rancid performance from us, one of, if not the, worst of the season so far.

Dunfermline's game plan was obvious from the start but we just kept trying the same tactics all day in the hope of something coming off. Kennedy should have been sacrificed early on with Alegria on to support Burrell who was hopelessly isolated.

Nail on the head. I said pre game that mcglyn will play the same as he always does. If we are prepared we will win. We wern't prepared in the first half at east end where you could have been out of sight. Second half we changed it in that game and tbh we played the same again yesterday

Nail on the head. I said pre game that mcglyn will play the same as he always does. If we are prepared we will win. We wern't prepared in the first half at east end where you could have been out of sight. Second half we changed it in that game and tbh we played the same again yesterday
Yesterday was nothing like the second half at East End

30 minutes ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

I suppose at home you'll be expected to come out and play a bit in an effort to get the win. You definitely didn't defend in depth at EEP the way you did yesterday, in either half.

15 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
21 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:
As the agreed upon conditions, Falkirk must now keep John Hughes whilst we now have full, permanent custody of David Moss and Ivo Den Bieman.

No one agreed on Ivo. Bets void

No one likes people who hold out on bets. Ivo is ours.