Falkirk vs Dunfermline 5.11.22

7 minutes ago, Rugster said:

No, the person you were quoting is a Dunfermline fan… never mind, you’re probably a lost cause. 

Lost cause.Im in the Premier League and doing nicely thank you very much.Was trying from the outside to give you both kudos for your respective supports.Dont know why I bothered.Sure in maybe 3 or so years we'll lock horns.Do your homework before posting pish.Lol.Wee clue.🦁👍.

1 minute ago, Troy.1995 said:

Lost cause.Im in the Premier League and doing nicely thank you very much.Was trying from the outside to give you both kudos for your respective supports.Dont know why I bothered.Sure in maybe 3 or so years we'll lock horns.Do your homework before posting pish.Lol.Wee clue.🦁👍.

😵💫

35 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

McPake said post match that they knew Falkirk use zonal marking at set pieces, so the coaches got the players to practice that routine this week. So it seems quite likely that was the plan. That’s the issue with zonal marking. Defensively, nobody is responsible for any player. I’m not a fan of zonal marking at all. 

Our game plan seemed to be to try and get set pieces/long throws. Until we were already 1 up, we created nothing in open play. So we must have seen something in our analysis of Falkirk to suggest we’d be able to score from a set piece.

As said if it was pre planned for a free header 4 yards out then your coaches are wasted here. Zonal marking makes zero difference, half the 6 yard box was free, last time I looked that isn't in the zonal defending guide book.

It was simply shocking defending no matter the system. 

Cove weren't pretty on the eye last season but effective and Airdrie were nice on the eye and we know how that ended, funnier ending for Airdrie tho

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Referee having a good game is a poor shout.

I think iv seen one ref in this league have a good game, the standard is utterly dire and today was no different.

It’s league one football.  The refs, players and coaches all have big deficiencies.  The ref today IMO had the best performance of any ref this season, he called most things correctly and everything I disagreed with how he came to a different decision had good justification that doesn’t make him a superstar but when we’ve seen much worse I think it’s right to say he had a good game, even if he’s not suddenly collina

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

Id bet every football team has a formation and form of play to try to score after all that is the point. 

TBF to the pars they came out the 2nd half and got bodies up to support Wighton but if the plan was for him to be unmarked at a corner, then your coaches are wasted at this level.

As stated Mcpake has directly said we had worked on exploiting the back post at corners, he also said we were happy for Falkirk to have possession in their own half, comfortable to defend when it mattered.  What happened today was the game plan.

7 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Thank you Dunfermline fans for joining in the minutes applause for Gordon McFarlane,

Happy to do so,  the scum element tried to boo it but quickly shut up when they noticed they had no support from the majority.

On the scum element that was one of the worse games IMO, we’ve heard reports of shite behaviour in the past but that’s the first time there was enough singing along I heard it from the away end.   These lot are certainly a minority on both sides and I’m delighted the majority want them gone, we must continue to call them out and make it clear we don’t want them coming along, embarrassing the clubs and then fucking off before coming back at the next derby.

5 minutes ago, MrDust said:

As said if it was pre planned for a free header 4 yards out then your coaches are wasted here. Zonal marking makes zero difference, half the 6 yard box was free, last time I looked that isn't in the zonal defending guide book.

It was simply shocking defending no matter the system. 

Cove weren't pretty on the eye last season but effective and Airdrie were nice on the eye and we know how that ended, funnier ending for Airdrie tho

Defenders at a higher level wouldn’t allow that to happen. So that sort of routine would be rubbish there. Our coaches put a big emphasis on set pieces and it sounds like they identified the back post at corners as a way to hurt Falkirk and it worked. Doesn’t make them geniuses, there’s a reason our manager/coaching staff are at this level too. It just highlights how poor Falkirk’s set up at defensive corners is.

The reason I mentioned the zonal marking, is because we had 2 players unmarked out of the 4 we had in the box, as the ball came in. McPake seemed to suggest that he’d seen that set up when analysing Falkirk and what happened is what was expected. On the goal specifically, I’d assume that McGinn or Donaldson (potentially both) should have been covering that ‘zone’ but both looked lost/confused as Wighton had a free header. 

Enjoyed today despite the football, we just sat back and soaked up the useless possession based football Falkirk tried. I thought the referee was absolutely fine the game flowed well 

Great goal by Wighton, the guy on the back post will probably be set about by McGlynn he does absolutely nothing to stop us scoring.

Absolutely hilarious to see the nick of some of the Falkirk fans hanging about after the game, not sure why you wouldn't just get away home, but that's up to them.

11 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Biggest roaster of the day was Jesus Christ

He got it tight! Seemed to take it well until the goal then, like the rest of the kids there, went mental, doing the whole 'hold me back' routine and offering fans outside.

On 03/11/2022 at 15:04, 101 said:

Can Falkirk arrange for the biggest roasters in their support to sit in the stand closest to the away fans. Seem to recall one guy having a full scale melt down after his team went 1 up before folding. Ta.

Thank you for arranging @FFC