Falkirk vs Dunfermline 5.11.22

Wasnt a pretty watch I will say that much Morrison I thought was pretty ineffective and Burrell too isolated, I had the feeling before it big crowds and Falkirk don't go together we always arse it up and wasn't wrong.  The end of the day the goal was the difference other than that it is what it is. We move on there's plenty more twists and turns in this league to go.
I said a few weeks back when we were discussing the "plenty twists and turns to come" thing that I didn't see it that way, because Dunfermline just don't really look like dropping too many stupid points, and that we would still be talking that line whilst we slowly, week by week fall further behind.

That's exactly how it has played out and our chance to take 3 points out of them today has instead resulted in a 7 point gap opening up.

We are spinning out wheels. They aren't.

I dint think there's too much mystery to what's happening here. They are slowly but surely moving away from the rest.

Guest Ecosse83

Utter pish today, deserved f**k all. Dunfermline’s game plan worked a treat, sit behind the ball and hope for a set piece (yes I’m bitter). 

2 poor teams! 

21 minutes ago, parathletic said:

What makes me really happy is that yous all really thought yous were going to win today I don't think this smile will come off my face for a while looking down at yous as usual cmyp

All? There are a number of Falkirk fans in here who have seen this movie a number of times over the years and know that Falkirk and big crowds usually brings disappointment, its nothing special 

Got it wrong right from the start today, far too much sideways passing along the back four.

Dunfermline more than happy to stand off and let us have the ball as we were doing nothing with it.

We need to play with a high tempo to be effective.

Edited by Reggie Perrin

Guest Ecosse83
2 minutes ago, par-adise said:

Would you suffer it for a year if it meant you were back in the championship next season? 

100%

We fanny about at the back too much, too lightweight today! 

Edited by Ecosse83

19 minutes ago, brokeville said:

You’re not but if it gets results and promotion then fair enough. I wouldn’t pay to watch that every week. 

Aye I’d much rather pay to watch a team pass it around the back 5 times then launch it too tbf 

Guest Ecosse83
2 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Least Falkirk fans can have a good crowd w**k when home tonight 

Cracking support from both clubs, shocking that it was a league 1 clash! 

20 minutes ago, brokeville said:

You’re not but if it gets results and promotion then fair enough. I wouldn’t pay to watch that every week. 

It’s 100% about escaping this cess  pit of a league, how you do it is an irrelevance.

I would rather shithouse our way to promotion the way the Fifers are doing than flatter to deceive the way we are and end up in the playoffs at best.

That was like being an opposition fan when Hughes was in charge of us last season. Falkirk had so much of the ball, but it was all passing it about the back, creating absolutely nothing. We took our  chance and won the game. Todd also should have added a second. Falkirk passed it about, with no real plan on how to actually score a goal.

You can slag off our style of play all you like, but we actually had a plan to try and score. Falkirk didn’t seem to have a clue and just passed the ball around the defence, before hitting aimless punts forward all game. Is that really ‘attractive football’ or playing ‘the right way’?

Cracking support from both clubs, shocking that it was a league 1 clash! 

Why? We’ve both been run idiotically for years and deserve to be where we both are.

Anyway, a shite game that we scraped a win, again. We were defensively solid and took our chance. We didn’t create many and Falkirk, for all their possession, maybe had one more chance than us, so that shows how crap it was.

That’s us 7 clear of Falkirk eh? A team full of sand dancers. That’s it. You’ll never win the league with such dross that play alike.

Mochrie by far the best player on the park however I’d give MOTM to MacDonald. He was fantastic.

Guest Ecosse83
Just now, DAFC. said:

Why? We’ve both been run idiotically for years and deserve to be where we both are.

Anyway, a shite game that we scraped a win, again. We were defensively solid and took our chance. We didn’t create many and Falkirk, for all their possession, maybe had one more chance than us, so that shows how crap it was.

That’s us 7 clear of Falkirk eh? A team full of sand dancers. That’s it. You’ll never win the league with such dross that play alike.

Mochrie by far the best player on the park however I’d give MOTM to MacDonald. He was fantastic.

I’m not disputing that, we both deserve to be where we are, the fans deserve better! 

Sand dancers, nail on the head with that. 

29 minutes ago, brokeville said:

Passing it around the back and hitting aimless punts forward all game is better? We did that under Hughes last season and got relegated, because we played for possession, rather than trying to score goals. Most games went like that one did for you today. You created absolutely nothing, despite having so much of the ball and are trying to claim you were the better team. This might surprise you, but you need to create chances/have shots at goal to win games. You didn’t do any of that.

I would 100% rather watch my team win, than watch them aimlessly pass the ball about the back, creating no chances in the entire 90 minutes. Particularly in such a big game.