Falkirk vs Dunfermline 5.11.22

Falling seven points behind at the start of November when we've still to play each other twice, and with 22 games to play, a January window to get through and injuries and suspensions to kick in, isn't close to being out the title race. 

If we win it'll be good, however we're a small squad with a few key players, being seven points ahead and losing one of them would be massive. 

3 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

I honestly think McPake's kitty will be decent enough when the window opens in January, regardless of if we're 10 points clear or 10 points off the pace. The team needs strengthened and he definitely didn't get to bring in the type of player he wanted in the summer due to them not being available. 

Aye we must be saving a small fortune not paying Dorrans 

Before the 3 recent loan signings, McPake had hinted he wanted players in on permanent contracts, but only if they would be regulars, or close to it. Instead, we signed no-one permanently, and have relied on young boys on loan to make up the numbers. Thankfully Fisher has been a good addition, but the others haven’t kicked a ball, and won’t really be all that helpful if you’re chasing a game, not from what I’ve gathered so far.

I’ve no idea what or finances are like, but I’m going to safely assume that the disasters of last season have had an absolutely massive effect on how McPake has been allowed to go about his business. I do think we need a couple of decent quality players in January that can challenge for the first team, because we are one or two injuries away from being in a totally shitey situation.

2 minutes ago, Visiting Bee said:

Hello. I’m a Brentford fan in Falkirk this week. Will it be possible to pay on the day for this Saturday’s game or would  I need to buy a ticket in advance? Is it possible to buy a ticket without membership? Thanks in advance. 

I'd suggest buying one in advance as it's looking like being close to a sellout. Just go on the website and you can buy a ticket.

49 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I've been on the blower to the Sheffield Wednesday lads who will be coming up and will be out in force on Saturday, ready to smash up some Falkirk scum and put some windows in.

I believe this is the reason there are so many seats in the away end I'm hearing of between 1500/ 3000 Pars fans and affiliated groups in the home end. 

2 hours ago, Visiting Bee said:

Hello. I’m a Brentford fan in Falkirk this week. Will it be possible to pay on the day for this Saturday’s game or would  I need to buy a ticket in advance? Is it possible to buy a ticket without membership? Thanks in advance. 

Come in the away end and we can chat about where Damsgaard fits in with TFs team. 

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

Come in the away end and we can chat about where Damsgaard fits in with TFs team. 

I’ve already got my tickets now so will be in the main stand.  It’s taking him a while to get back up to fitness after his illness/injury. He’s also a bit slight for PL football and might need to bulk up a bit. But looks promising and very skilful. Not sure yet if he’ll be out wide up front or more central in midfield. He might get more time on Saturday with Toney suspended we will need some additional attacking options. Hopefully Damsgaard will play a fair bit in the WC. 

1 minute ago, Visiting Bee said:

I’ve already got my tickets now so will be in the main stand.  It’s taking him a while to get back up to fitness after his illness/injury. He’s also a bit slight for PL football and might need to bulk up a bit. But looks promising and very skilful. Not sure yet if he’ll be out wide up front or more central in midfield. He might get more time on Saturday with Toney suspended we will need some additional attacking options. Hopefully Damsgaard will play a fair bit in the WC. 

Damsgaard has Stephen McGinn posters on his wall.