Falkirk vs Dunfermline 5.11.22

Algeria must've done some improving, he was absolutely woeful last season. 

He'll now score of course, but I'd far they played him than Burrel. For all the talk about Falkirk playing nice football he was at his most threatening when they went direct, and quickly upto him. 
It will be Burrell. He scored 2 at the weekend away from home and played well against you last time. Alegria from the bench to change the tactics either with or in place of Burrell if needed.

Alegria has either really improved, or this is his level, but he has in general been pretty good for us, and now has his shooting boots too. He's got a decent return goals wise.

My only issue is that sometimes he seems to forget half way through a game that he's there to be physical with defenders and shrinks out of it where he was previously holding his own.

Tell you one thing, if this game sells out in League 1 that'll be absolutely outstanding. Home end well on it's way, away end a bit slower than I expected but sure it'll get there by the end of the week. I've to still get for me and my mate. I think a lot of people always forget that there's very little grounds in Scotland where you can just rock up with your cash these days which is a massive shame. 

Edited by The Toun Clock

Tell you one thing, if this game sells out in League 1 that'll be absolutely outstanding. Home end well on it's way, away end a bit slower than I expected but sure it'll get there by the end of the week. I've to still get for me and my mate. I think a lot of people always forget that there's very little grounds in Scotland where you can just rock up with your cash these days which is a massive shame. 
Slagged me off in the GC yesterday for saying it would be a sell out tae.

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:
2 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Slagged me off in the GC yesterday for saying it would be a sell out tae.

Would slag you off regardless 😘

In all honesty, I just don't know if we'll sell out the away end completely, won't be far off. With the trains being off this weekend I'm wondering if that'll put people off.

Edited by The Toun Clock

4 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

But you can rock up at any time and buy a ticket for this, and indeed the vast majority, of games in Scotland, just not via handing over physical notes/coins.

1 hour ago, The Toun Clock said:

Would slag you off regardless 😘

In all honesty, I just don't know if we'll sell out the away end completely, won't be far off. With the trains being off this weekend I'm wondering if that'll put people off.

Aye doubt it'll sell out. There seems to be a distinct lack of hype/excitement for this for some reason, or least that's the impression I get from other Pars fans I know.

Myself and 5 others were going until the trains got cancelled. None of them fancy the service bus through (even though it's just as quick as the train) and I don't fancy going on my own.

5 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Was there not a train strike on for the game at East End as well? No excuse not to take 2k through 

The stand doesn’t even hold 2,000 😂. Sure they’ll be over 1500 which is similar to what Falkirk had at us 

3 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Was there not a train strike on for the game at East End as well? No excuse not to take 2k through 

Yup, there was a train strike that day as well.

Not sure about 'excuses', as no one needs one to not attend a game of football. Think it's more of an odd apathy among our support. For example the away crowd at Montrose were absolutely silent for the vast majority of the game (other than to shout insults at Douglas Ross).

11 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

The stand doesn’t even hold 2,000 😂. Sure they’ll be over 1500 which is similar to what Falkirk had at us 

I'm pretty sure both stands behind the goals hold 2000.

https://footballgroundguide.com/leagues/scottish-spl-premier-and-football-league-clubs/scottish-league-one/falkirk-stadium.html

26 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Yup, there was a train strike that day as well.

Not sure about 'excuses', as no one needs one to not attend a game of football. Think it's more of an odd apathy among our support. For example the away crowd at Montrose were absolutely silent for the vast majority of the game (other than to shout insults at Douglas Ross).

As good as it gets tbh

14 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Algeria must've done some improving, he was absolutely woeful last season. 

He'll now score of course, but I'd far they played him than Burrel. For all the talk about Falkirk playing nice football he was at his most threatening when they went direct, and quickly upto him. 

I think we were all worried when he initially came in as there were some absolute stoaters of reviews on his performances for Partick. He's our top goalscorer in the league with 5 in 11 games which can't really be sniffed at.

He's great at holding up the ball and bringing others into play, he's also good at keeping himself between the posts and the majority of his goals have been tap ins because of it. Definitely parts of his game that he needs to improve on but I'd be worried if there wasn't given he's only 20 years old. 

19 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

For the home end, it seems the pars are struggling to muster up an interest for it.

I’d imagine sales will pick up towards end of the week. We’ll still have a good support. Great crowd either way at both games so far this season, puts most teams in championship and some in premier league to shame