Falkirk vs Dunfermline 5.11.22

11 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

We've slightly tweaked the back 3 since the home game with fisher coming in and comrie moving to wingback.  That means benedictus now has 2 fast center backs along side him.  It's nearly always one of those 2 who drop back in with benedictus more likely to be the one trying to make contact early.  Hamilton coming into midfield should also help prevent you playing through us there.

We may leave one of them back for corners tho to try avoid a repeat of the goal at east end.

I don't think our defensive game plan will be too complicated, Its more about how we get mochrie on the ball and how we can use that to exploit Falkirk. 

Stop giving our gameplan. 

What he meant to say is that we'll be back to 244 with Wighton, Todorov, Mochrie and an injured legged Kevin o Hara up front. 

Most likely see Noel Hunt and Burchill on at some point. 

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:

Stop giving our gameplan. 

What he meant to say is that we'll be back to 244 with Wighton, Todorov, Mochrie and an injured legged Kevin o Hara up front. 

Most likely see Noel Hunt and Burchill on at some point. 

Ross graham is coming back to play in defence too

Absolutely no idea what will transpire....but I'm scared. I think this is the first game I've properly cared about in a long time. I suppose thats a nice development from the Grant/Yogi times. 

Matty Tod winner late on....2-1. That would be delightful. 

23 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Interesting that Bet365 make Dunfermline slight favourites despite our home advantage ….
14d6a0da2540a7aa66a1aeff34387e8a.jpg

I'd say lazy bookmaking. Oh who's top of the league, yeah make them favourites. Falkirk and Dunfermline both top of the form league with 13 but with home advantage I'd make Falkirk slight favourites. All though saying that in the last season we were together you won twice at East End and we won twice at TFS.

We were much better on Saturday in terms of striker play, Wighton looked like the player we originally signed, some wee nice touches and a goal. Wouldn't be surprised to see McPake tweak the formation a bit, go with an extra body in the middle of the park, allowing Mochrie to play off the striker and then we have another striker to come off the bench.

Deniz

Comrie/Fisher/Bene/Breen/Edwards

Todd/Hamilton/Chalmers

Mochrie

Wighton

Huge game, whoever wins puts a real statement out there. If we can go to Falkirk and win then it'll work wonders for the confidence, will put 7 points distance between us. If Falkirk beat us then there'll only be a point between us and will give them a real boost.

Really hard to predict, depends what version of each team turn up. I think it'll be low scoring, a goal separating the sides if not another 1-1 draw.

Edited by The Toun Clock

Hogarth
Mckay Donaldson Hendo Mccann
McGinn Yeats
Morrison Nesbitt Kennedy
Burrell

Although if you lot are playing with 5 at the back I'd be tempted to go 4-4-2 with Burrell & Alegria up top together and Yeats dropping out.

Hopefully we're a lot more clinical than we were at east end park.

2-0 Falkirk, Burrell & Morrison the scorers.

Hogarth
McGinn Yeats
Morrison Nesbitt Kennedy
Burrell

Although if you lot are playing with 5 at the back I'd be tempted to go 4-4-2 with Burrell & Alegria up top together and Yeats dropping out.
Based on the need to stop Mochrie playing, I'd drop Nesbitt before Yeats in your 4 4 2 scenario

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Hogarth
McGinn Yeats
Morrison Nesbitt Kennedy
Burrell

Certainly wouldn’t be dropping Yeats.

May be completely wrong but from the outside looking in this reminds me of our title battle with Ayr in this league in 2017/2018. One side easy on the eye, scoring goals for fun but capable of leaking them too (Ayr and Falkirk) and one side pretty dull to watch, direct and efficient with a strong defence and a knack of grinding out results in close games (Raith and Dunfermline). We were well beat on our two visits to Ayr but were consistent enough in the other games to take it to the wire (and then f**k it up). Will be interesting to see what happens in this game but nothing will be decided either way.

John McGlynn hasn’t lost a home game against Dunfermline since March 2010 and I think home advantage will give Falkirk the edge. To balance things for the Pars fans, his record at EEP is dreadful. Don’t think he’s won there since August 2009!

Edited by R.R.FC

40 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

May be completely wrong but from the outside looking in this reminds me of our title battle with Ayr in this league in 2017/2018. One side easy on the eye, scoring goals for fun but capable of leaking them too (Ayr and Falkirk) and one side pretty dull to watch, direct and efficient with a strong defence and a knack of grinding out results in close games (Raith and Dunfermline). We were well beat on our two visits to Ayr but were consistent enough in the other games to take it to the wire (and then f**k it up). Will be interesting to see what happens in this game but nothing will be decided either way.

John McGlynn hasn’t lost a home game against Dunfermline since March 2010 and I think home advantage will give Falkirk the edge. To balance things for the Pars fans, his record at EEP is dreadful. Don’t think he’s won there since August 2009!

You had to go run your mouth ae?

There was some graphic that someone had done comparing all the sides in Scotland and how direct they were, IIRC we weren't all that direct at all. 

Edited - 

20221031_154540.thumb.jpg.95b42382f4b5ea314bd0419b463ba00c.jpg

Would recommend giving "TheBillOrr" and "StewartRoss89" if you quite like data visuals, they both do a decent amount of Scottish league one graphics. 

20221031_154453.jpg

Edited by Grant228

Imagine our long ball percentage is down in the single digits now we have properly got going 8)

We've sold 4,400 tickets already so should be a good crowd 

Same team and line up as Saturday for me

Hogarth

McKay Donaldson Henderson McCann

McGinn

Morrison Yeats Nesbitt Kennedy

Burrell

Assuming the long termers PJM, Williamson and Watson are still out it leaves us with a bench of 

Martin, Sneddon, Mackie, Henderson, Ross, McGuffie, Lawal, Oliver, Alegria

Burrell ran them ragged in the match at East End in his first start, hopefully he can keep that going for the full game now he has reached match fitness. Also wouldn't have a problem if McGlynn went rogue and stuck Alegria and Burrell up front together 

9 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

I'd say lazy bookmaking. Oh who's top of the league, yeah make them favourites. Falkirk and Dunfermline both top of the form league with 13 but with home advantage I'd make Falkirk slight favourites. All though saying that in the last season we were together you won twice at East End and we won twice at TFS.

We were much better on Saturday in terms of striker play, Wighton looked like the player we originally signed, some wee nice touches and a goal. Wouldn't be surprised to see McPake tweak the formation a bit, go with an extra body in the middle of the park, allowing Mochrie to play off the striker and then we have another striker to come off the bench.

Deniz

Comrie/Fisher/Bene/Breen/Edwards

Todd/Hamilton/Chalmers

Mochrie

Wighton

Huge game, whoever wins puts a real statement out there. If we can go to Falkirk and win then it'll work wonders for the confidence, will put 7 points distance between us. If Falkirk beat us then there'll only be a point between us and will give them a real boost.

Really hard to predict, depends what version of each team turn up. I think it'll be low scoring, a goal separating the sides if not another 1-1 draw.

You’ll beat  Falkirk we’re seek fed up leathering thum 😉 

29 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

In the first half he was very good. Completely anonymous in the second half. 

That was what I meant, and with Alegria injured we had no one to bring on either. Now with both fully fit should give us a lot more running up front 

Algeria must've done some improving, he was absolutely woeful last season. 

He'll now score of course, but I'd far they played him than Burrel. For all the talk about Falkirk playing nice football he was at his most threatening when they went direct, and quickly upto him.