Top of the Table Showdown - Ayr v Greenock Morton

Neither team really got going for long enough to take control. Draw probably fair although we probably shaded it towards the end. A point will do.

On another note, a healthy crowd in the ground today. Annoying that Morton switch us round at kick off.

ETA. Crowd was 2819, good to see.

Edited by AuAl

13 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Morton are so cute. Hugs and kisses. Imagine being a Morton fan and still being 2nd after playing the league leaders. Congratulations Morton, enjoy your night. Go on, f**k it, stick the heating on!

warm up fire GIF by Blackfire Films Ltd😍

That referee was fucking dreadful. Let so many clear fouls go then randomly books players from both sides for the same type of instances.  The standard in this country truly is absolute fucking w**k.

As expected, the game was horrific to watch and I just wanted through it unbeaten. A draw will do and we move on to Friday.

Worrying that Houston and McAllister are injured and also looked like Frankie was as well. 

Both teams deserved to score when they did and a draw was the right result. I don't think the game was terrible at all - both teams use of the ball was decent - but there was also some solid defending as well that limited the chances on offer. The substitutions left us a bit unbalanced in the closing stages which points to our lack of squad depth. If we can keep drawing these type of away games at a minimum then our home form should have us in the play-offs by the end of the season though.

For a top of the table clash, the whole game felt a bit meh and very broken up.

The referees inconsistency for both sides was baffling, but from where I was Baird was lucky not to give away a penalty and be sent off for the challenge on Dipo.

That said, a draw was a fair result for both teams.

Watched on a dodgy stream and felt the draw was fair. Neither team did enough to win it.

Be interesting to see the Baird incident again right enough.

3 points next week against Thistle and we are laughing.( a lot)

Looked a good crowd down from us, any idea how many?

Both teams deserved to score when they did and a draw was the right result. I don't think the game was terrible at all - both teams use of the ball was decent - but there was also some solid defending as well that limited the chances on offer. The substitutions left us a bit unbalanced in the closing stages which points to our lack of squad depth. If we can keep drawing these type of away games at a minimum then our home form should have us in the play-offs by the end of the season though.

Aye I’d say both teams are a stick on for the play offs which is mental given where they started last season.

I’d expect two of Inverness, Queens Park and Dundee to join us. Partick look in free fall which is absolutely brilliant.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye I’d say both teams are a stick on for the play offs which is mental given where they started last season.

I’d expect two of Inverness, Queens Park and Dundee to join us. Partick look in free fall which is absolutely brilliant.

Partick have got injuries at the moment, they have too many good players and will definitely finish top 4. 

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don't think any team is a stick on for the playoffs at the moment with seven teams in the mix. Hopefully not but we could possibly be in for a bit of an injury spell now so that could quite easily change things for us.

Thought the refereeing was pretty dire today.  Gave decisions the wrong way, blowed for things that weren't fouls.  A Morton defender had both arms round Dipo more than once, did nothing about it.  The disallowed goal seemed almost like "there's a lot going on in the box here, so I'm just gonna chop this off."

A draw was a fair result I suppose.  A wee bit frustrating we didn't get a winner with the half-chances late on, but a good crowd and still top.

5 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Partick have got injuries at the moment, they have too many good players and will definitely finish top 4. 

I'm surprised McCall isn't just playing the injured players.

Plus Muirhead got sent off today as well.

Im Out Amy Poehler GIF by FOX TV