Top of the Table Showdown - Ayr v Greenock Morton

21 minutes ago, Ayrshire Analytica said:

The disallowed goal seemed almost like "there's a lot going on in the box here, so I'm just gonna chop this off."

From standing behind the goal it was a clear handball was pretty easy to see you’ll see on the highlights and realise It was the correct decision 

33 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye I’d say both teams are a stick on for the play offs which is mental given where they started last month.

FTFY in our case. We're not stick-ons as even a couple of injuries or suspensions in a weak area could leave us exposed. Ayr have invested in a bigger squad and so Bullen was able to use that today. It didn't get a win but it did shift momentum of the game in Ayr's favour until we got some set-piece opportunities in injury time. 

Similar to Livingston when they went up, if we keep the team mostly fit and the brains at the club then we have a chance. I'm still more content that Hamilton and possibly Arbroath won't match our current points total until March though. 

That was a real turgid watch. I don't think we really got going tbh. Was a real scrappy game with us resorting to go long as Morton flooded the midfield. Admittedly I'd have taken a draw and still being 3 points clear which we are so I cannot be too critical but I found that a very hard watch. Hopefully back to winning ways on Friday. Also good to see a decent away support. 

As for Euan Anderson. He is so incompetent, I reckon he just guesses for most decisions. It's the only way he could be so consistently shite for both teams.

Good day out in Ayr.

Think our defence was still standing to attention in remembrance of WW's

Great hit by Kabia off junction.

Schwake made a great save at the end.

Efe strolled it but you always think there if an fu## up just around the corner.

But back two kept Akinyemi at bay.  Surprised AcAllister survived until 72 min had taken MaGratten out a few times.

Good draw.

All the teams in this league have got average players. But Tiffoney, Graham, Milne, Docherty, Holt and Brannigan would all get into our team

Milne and Holt aye. Not fussed about Graham or Tiffoney. Docherty and Bannigan are no where near as good as Murdoch and Dempsey.

52 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

From standing behind the goal it was a clear handball was pretty easy to see you’ll see on the highlights and realise It was the correct decision 

The way Ayr's highlights are filmed, I doubt that it'd be any clearer.  

I'll take your word for it though, my eyesight is pretty bad.  

17 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

All the teams in this league have got average players. But Tiffoney, Graham, Milne, Docherty, Holt and Brannigan would all get into our team

McMillan would do a job at right back for most teams in the league too. 

Turgid watch overall a draw was a fair result. Kirk took his header well for the goal after a good delivery in by Mullin. After their equaliser Morton had the better of the first half. We had the better of the 2nd half overall but it was a very scrappy game. Couldn't see much of what led to our disallowed goal from the North Terrace.

Referee was terrible with some baffling decisions, which seems to increasinly be the standard for this level. Kirk played well and took his goal nicely. Mullin again had a good game and some of his set piece deliveries were dangerous.

Thought that was a good and interesting game.  Draw absolutely fair to me.  

The subs helped us, ours a seemed to lift us a bit and we looked likely to score.  Dunno if there's any scope to Mullin at right back again but I like the idea, especially if it means McCallister isn't playing.  

Edited by itzdrk

The poorest we have been for a while 4/5 players well off the pace, and passing was really poor. Stone wall penalty and a red card for Baird can’t believe the ref never gave it.

What I totally expected from Morton a pure battle, must have had about 20 corners I’m counting all the long throws ( every throw in over the half way line was like a corner which we defended very well)

Nearly stole it late on when Morton ran out of steam but draw was a fair result. Bullen must surely see that playing two wide men can’t go on Dempsey and Murdoch really need someone in there to help. Don’t know if we were in for Crawford but for me that would have made the team better balanced overall, going forward for me play one wide man and let them fight it out who plays in the other midfield in a three.

A draw probably a fair result although Ayr looked more likely to snatch a goal at the end. Missed the first goal for standing in the queue for a bovril only to be told there was no hot water left. For the equaliser Akinyemi allowed Quitongo to walk away from him and Ayr were punished with a great header. Schwake's save from the bullet header in the second half was sensational and the rebound was rightly disallowed. Onto Partick next week for us who seem to be in total disarray which is lovely.