Dumbarton vs Stranraer

Outcome  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We seemed to really toil at points during that. The midfield looked completely over ran I thought as well through most of it. But f**k me that feeling when Garrity scored was just sublime in the relief. We created a lot of chances and just couldn't seem to take anything to kill it off. 

Thought Farrell was going to go for the GIRUY at the end but alas no, just a punch of the air. 

Very entertaining game with both sides really committed.We seem to have shored up our midfield and there are no longer vast spaces for the opposition to exploit.

Brett Long was outstanding and his second save from Hilton from about 12 yards was Buffonesque.Brilliant perfprmance.I lost count of the number of vital last minute touches Carswell made to stop 1 on 1s .He has been excellent this season compared to last.Finlay contributes so much and I thought Orsi was the best I have ever seen him.

We seem to have a knack of winning and next week at Elgin will be a monumental challenge if we want to keep winning.

A very welcome 3 points, especially with Stirling Albion drawing, in a game I always felt we should be winning if we have aspirations of mounting a title challenge. 

That being said I don’t think I’ve ever witnessed a team who rides their luck as much as us. I think a better team would’ve punished us today and we have Brett Long to thank for that clean sheet. 

I was impressed with Wallace when he came on and I thought Buchanan had a decent game but outside of that we looked decidedly average IMHO. MacLean was stinking the place out and that sitter in the 1st half looked like an absolute shocker from where I was sitting - I was astounded he lasted the 90. 

It’s hard to grumble when it’s a clean sheet and a win but I do think better teams will punish us for gifting so many chances. 

1 hour ago, Sons Fan said:

Would love to see that goal that wasn’t a goal. I would have bet my house that it hit the back of the net and came back out rather than off the bar.

I thought it was in but off the underside of the bar and bounced out.Unlucky but given the distance he really should be burying that.

Very entertaining game with both sides really committed.We seem to have shored up our midfield and there are no longer vast spaces for the opposition to exploit.
Brett Long was outstanding and his second save from Hilton from about 12 yards was Buffonesque.Brilliant perfprmance.I lost count of the number of vital last minute touches Carswell made to stop 1 on 1s .He has been excellent this season compared to last.Finlay contributes so much and I thought Orsi was the best I have ever seen him.
We seem to have a knack of winning and next week at Elgin will be a monumental challenge if we want to keep winning.

You thought that was entertaining? And that the opposition didn’t have vast spaces to exploit? If we sat any deeper we’d be in the Leven. I know we won, I know we kept a clean sheet and I know we are top of the league. But that was dreadful. Ninety minutes of sitting in our own half in the hope that one of our long balls might lead to a break which gives us a goal. Yes in the end it worked but it’s a helluva way to spend ninety minutes

I thought that was an entertaining game to watch. We looked really good in spells. We had the effort off the bar, the effort that their keeper got across his goal to get a foot on, Bucky's header that went straight at the keeper and we hit the post twice. They tested Brett Long a good few times, but found him up to the task. Home win win was the right result and I thought the score was fair.

32 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

What is evident this year is the really low standard of L2 even compared with L1 last year.Big gulf to the teams fighting for promotion to the Championship.

But all that matters is getting out of this League it doesnt matter how its achieved.

...unless it's via the trapdoor.

20 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

You thought that was entertaining? And that the opposition didn’t have vast spaces to exploit? If we sat any deeper we’d be in the Leven. I know we won, I know we kept a clean sheet and I know we are top of the league. But that was dreadful. Ninety minutes of sitting in our own half in the hope that one of our long balls might lead to a break which gives us a goal. Yes in the end it worked but it’s a helluva way to spend ninety minutes

Entertaining as agame as it was end to end.As for the rest the way we play it is awful but I think Ive done that to death onhere and who I blame for that.My position is that Farrell is going nowhere and the only thing that matters is getting promoted.As for the midfield it was a lot better than at Stirling .Baby steps and all that...

4 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

I never suggested that, I just pointed out that "getting out no matter how" might not necessarily be by a positive way.

Lets hope it doesnt come to that and certainly shouldnt this season.We have an excellent opportunity to get out the positive way as there is no Kelty or Cove in the league.

Funny sort of game. We were very good at times. And very poor at times. McKee had a poor first half, but a cracking second half and I was surprised he came off, though that may be for fresh legs. The exact same for Orsi. Blair was rotten most of the game and I was shocked he wasn't subbed. I thought McLean did well out of position up top. Gray had an off game by his usual standards and the midfield generally were not up to the task today. Thankfully the wings and defence / keeper were up to par today and got the job done. Plus marks for an excellent Long performance. Decent sub cameo from Wallace. Seemed like Garrity's goal took about ten minutes to go in 😂 

Three points, clean sheet, top of the league, up the road. 

2 hours ago, Sons Fan said:

Would love to see that goal that wasn’t a goal. I would have bet my house that it hit the back of the net and came back out rather than off the bar.

I was also sure I'd seen it hit the net but you'd think there would have been a bigger protest had that been the case.