Dumbarton vs Stranraer

Outcome  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Think the only big decision will be who plays up front as most of the team picks itself. With Wallace being available again I would have normally assumed he would come in. But MacLean by most accounts done a good job yesterday and we won so I'd rather we stuck with him. 

Hopefully we've got out of yesterday's game with no knocks or anything else as well 

On 02/11/2022 at 14:57, microdave said:

I can see the game being in doubt with the weather. It's going to be raining for most of the week and all day Saturday.

I clearly looked at a crap forecast since it's barely rained since I posted this^^^

From the match preview -

Ryan Wallace returns from suspension tomorrow, and Edin Lynch could feature in the squad for the first time this season.

Tomorrow is too soon for Ally Love to return, but he resumed running at training last night and could face Elgin City next week.

32 minutes ago, monthe blues said:

Im a Stranraer supporter That lives Abroad, I was going to purchase just this game tomorrow,But £20 WOW thats ok for Dumbarton support,As they can view for a month,But not for others

The ban on PPV streaming is something I can't get my head around at all. I'd far rather we were able to offer it so I didn't spend a few hours doing notes to basically speak into a void (or just a handful of people).

It's a terrible business decision forced upon every club. I've been to 2 games this year but would've been able to watch another 4 or 5 had streaming been available at all clubs. Also, with folk choosing between fuel, food or energy this winter then things like football should be a lot more flexible. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

It's a terrible business decision forced upon every club. I've been to 2 games this year but would've been able to watch another 4 or 5 had streaming been available at all clubs. Also, with folk choosing between fuel, food or energy this winter then things like football should be a lot more flexible. 

Yeah, I done quite well the first few weeks of the season but work, childcare and gigs have meant I haven't seen us play in about 8 weeks or slightly more. Very disappointing not to be able to tune in and the clubs are losing out on a fair amount of money too, as I would have bought home and away streams in most cases.

Edited by squeezebox-son

It’s not a terrible business decision at all. Footballl without spectators is nothing and the more steaming that is allowed the less people that will attend. When we reach the stage where the big clubs, not just in Scotland, are showing all their games live on tv at the same time as clubs like Dumbarton are playing then the lower leagues will be finished

2 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

It’s not a terrible business decision at all. Footballl without spectators is nothing and the more steaming that is allowed the less people that will attend. When we reach the stage where the big clubs, not just in Scotland, are showing all their games live on tv at the same time as clubs like Dumbarton are playing then the lower leagues will be finished

I don’t think Moonster is suggesting the big clubs should be allowed to stream their games, but a club like Dumbarton not being allowed to stream makes absolutely no sense. 

6 hours ago, FifeSons said:

I don’t think Moonster is suggesting the big clubs should be allowed to stream their games, but a club like Dumbarton not being allowed to stream makes absolutely no sense. 

True, but there's no way that the likes of Celgers are going to allow a scenario where League 2 can stream games live, while their armchair fans face a blackout.

8 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

I just think it's an outdated view and don't agree that would happen. Times have changed, people aren't just blindly going to games every week because it costs too much - one look at the travel page on facebook tells you how much they are struggling to run a bus every week without someone sponsoring seats, it's the guts of £20-30 before you've even paid into the game. If folk want to watch Rangers or Celtic they'll get a dodgy stream and watch it now anyway, we're not losing fans to that IMO. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I just think it's an outdated view and don't agree that would happen. Times have changed, people aren't just blindly going to games every week because it costs too much - one look at the travel page on facebook tells you how much they are struggling to run a bus every week without someone sponsoring seats, it's the guts of £20-30 before you've even paid into the game. If folk want to watch Rangers or Celtic they'll get a dodgy stream and watch it now anyway, we're not losing fans to that IMO. 

I think we need to remember how live streaming came about for clubs at our level - it was basically a form of financial life-support for football during a global pandemic.  And in that respect it was a success but I don't think it was ever envisaged as a long-term exercise.  My personal take is that I would always prefer to attend a game in person but I realise not everyone can do that; realistically though how people are we talking about before clubs consider challenging broadcasting rules (see below) ?

Re the general costs of attending games, that is a different set of issues, but streaming could bring benefits.  I say could, because not every club provided home game streams - I was at Annan last week and I couldn't see any such facility, it's probably a bit of a mixed bag.

In reality, there probably could be some sort of middle way but that could only happen if clubs agreed a collective policy to present to the relevant authorities, but Scottish football has an abysmal record of self-interested failure that I wouldn't hold my breath.