Rangers* versus Aberdeen, Ibrox, 3pm Saturday 29th October

1 hour ago, williemillersmoustache said:

That banner is an embarrassment. Almost as much as our set up at the back which it took 70 odd minutes to change.

Deserved to lose and VAR took far too long and made what looked like the wrong decisons on at least a couple of occassions. Has the "it's not handball if you play it off yourself" been changed? A pen if so but not if not and and morelos's goal VAR looked at the pass from Sakala to fat Alf which was onside, in fact came off a defender but not the pass to Sakala which looked off, for some reason. 

Anyway other than those two complaints, no complaints. I thought the benefit of 3 at the back was you can easily switch to a 5. Might have been nice to respond to the goal by sitting in and protecting the lead for a bit? End of the day we gave them the freedom and ability to play the game they wanted to which is mental. Gorgeous JIm still got much to prove. 

The Duk is our best player, we'll struggle to hold on to him if he keeps this up. Ho-hum.

Agreed, Two wrongs don't make a right.

Much improved performance from Sakala yesterday too and while he is still clumsy and his first touch really needs to improve, he caused Aberdeen so many problems down their left. Committed the defenders often and mixed it up going to the byline or cutting inside at pace. Deserved a goal.

10 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I expected a heavy defeat today and I expect we'll bounce back on Friday against Hibs.

Miovski was a passenger and needs to bulk up. Barron has been poor since his return - he needs to cut out the fancy flicks etc and play it simple. Unfortunately it's just not working out with Richardson - new right back needed in January. Duk was the only positive today. Clarkson did ok too.

Unpopular opinion, but I think we have to base of assessment of Goodwin on his results against non OF teams. Most teams including Hearts and Hibs could be on the receiving end of a 4-0 loss at Ibrox so todays result is no surprise.

This post says everything about the attitude of non old scum teams playing them. They give up before they start against them (I include my own team). It’s ridiculous that Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts can’t organise themselves to trouble them when European teams with a similar budget do it consistently. When Steve Clarke was Killie manager, we owned sevco, because he could organise and never expected to get beaten. These teams really need to grow a set. 

This post says everything about the attitude of non old scum teams playing them. They give up before they start against them (I include my own team). It’s ridiculous that Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts can’t organise themselves to trouble them when European teams with a similar budget do it consistently. When Steve Clarke was Killie manager, we owned sevco, because he could organise and never expected to get beaten. These teams really need to grow a set. 

Which European teams on a similar budget to Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts are consistently troubling Rangers and Celtic?

44 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Which European teams on a similar budget to Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts are consistently troubling Rangers and Celtic?

I dont think he means a particular team consistently troubling Celtic or Rangers but if you look at the likes of Bodo,Malmo etc.  They will probably have bigger budgets now though through consistently qualifying for European group stages however.

Edited by gannonball

1 hour ago, Rugbypark said:

Which teams with significantly higher budgets are The Rangers troubling in Europe?

They’re embarrassing themselves & the country with humpings every midweek.

Which is a shame… sorry, I mistyped fucking hilarious. 

4 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

That banner is an embarrassment. Almost as much as our set up at the back which it took 70 odd minutes to change.

Deserved to lose and VAR took far too long and made what looked like the wrong decisons on at least a couple of occassions. Has the "it's not handball if you play it off yourself" been changed? A pen if so but not if not and and morelos's goal VAR looked at the pass from Sakala to fat Alf which was onside, in fact came off a defender but not the pass to Sakala which looked off, for some reason. 

Anyway other than those two complaints, no complaints. I thought the benefit of 3 at the back was you can easily switch to a 5. Might have been nice to respond to the goal by sitting in and protecting the lead for a bit? End of the day we gave them the freedom and ability to play the game they wanted to which is mental. Gorgeous JIm still got much to prove. 

The Duk is our best player, we'll struggle to hold on to him if he keeps this up. Ho-hum.

I thought Sakalah was onside.

You're right about the handball rule as it relates to the more accidental handalls that are usually given but the ref can still judge those to be deliberate. I guess he thought that what looked like Richardson flailing in an attempt stay upright looked like him hitting the ball on purpose. Maybe he did, who knows. 

The flag is a bit of a minter for whoever brought it, but not more than that. You just know this particular molehill will be made into a mountain. 

Duk was the only positive i could take from yesterday. 

I dont think he means a particular team consistently troubling Celtic or Rangers but if you look at the likes of Bodo,Malmo etc.  They will probably have bigger budgets now though through consistently qualifying for European group stages however.

These teams get into the group stages because they have won their domestic leagues, which they were able to do because they don’t have teams above them who can spend 5 times their wage bill. In a Premiership without the cheeks, you probably would see Aberdeen/Hearts/Hibs grow and improve with the money brought in from regular group stage football but until recently, this has been pretty much unobtainable.

In general though, I’m not seeing any evidence that Rangers and Celtic lose to sides in Europe with the finances of Aberdeen/Hearts/Hibs on a regular basis.

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

I thought Sakalah was onside.

You're right about the handball rule as it relates to the more accidental handalls that are usually given but the ref can still judge those to be deliberate. I guess he thought that what looked like Richardson flailing in an attempt stay upright looked like him hitting the ball on purpose. Maybe he did, who knows. 

The flag is a bit of a minter for whoever brought it, but not more than that. You just know this particular molehill will be made into a mountain. 

Duk was the only positive i could take from yesterday. 

A molehill made into a mountain by a support that sing anti-Catholic bile.

Every. Single. Week.

Until they stood, the h*ns can GTF. 

4 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

A molehill made into a mountain by a support that sing anti-Catholic bile.

Every. Single. Week.

Until they stood, the h*ns can GTF. 

Whatever they do, it's not a defence. 

People shouldn't waste time with banners. Just get on with it. 

28 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

These teams get into the group stages because they have won their domestic leagues, which they were able to do because they don’t have teams above them who can spend 5 times their wage bill. In a Premiership without the cheeks, you probably would see Aberdeen/Hearts/Hibs grow and improve with the money brought in from regular group stage football but until recently, this has been pretty much unobtainable.

In general though, I’m not seeing any evidence that Rangers and Celtic lose to sides in Europe with the finances of Aberdeen/Hearts/Hibs on a regular basis.

They don’t dish out automatic group spots though unless the teams in that league have performed in Europe. Tbh I’m not expecting Aberdeen etc to compete with us however I think other Scottish teams  should be beating teams from Ireland/Wales etc in Europe to at least have a chance of the group stages to gain cash to bridge the gap but that’s a different point really.