world cup tv

moses1924

11 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
11 minutes ago, Rodhull said:
Not sure how I'm going to cope without Mark Lawrenson's miserable commentary this time.

You've got Lee Dixon m8 so you'll still get your fix of miserable.

I actually don't mind England games half as much now that I can watch them on Mexican telly. 

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
11 minutes ago, Rodhull said:
Not sure how I'm going to cope without Mark Lawrenson's miserable commentary this time.

You've got Lee Dixon m8 so you'll still get your fix of miserable.

It's not quite the same though. Lawrenson is up there on his own for sounding like he genuinely wants to kill himself because he has to cover a second round game involving Ecuador.

13 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Yup all still have to be on terrestrial TV legally I believe.

https://www.live-footballontv.com/live-world-cup-football-on-tv.html

Schedule there of what channel has what game for the group stage at least.

I've not been paying much attention.

10am and 1pm kick-offs will make this even trickier to view here than in 2002. Obviously, that's fair enough given that it's a World tournament, but, still.   The whole thing's a bit condensed too, at exactly 4 weeks, when usually it's a few days over.

I think it'll be harder to get 'into' this particular World Cup as a viewer for all the obvious reasons, but we'll see.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

It's not quite the same though. Lawrenson is up there on his own for sounding like he genuinely wants to kill himself because he has to cover a second round game involving Ecuador.
It's not far away. Dixon sounds like he's commentating at gunpoint as well. Along with Murphy as someone mentioned, the 3 of them should be nowhere near a microphone. Absolutely a case of jobs for the boys.

4 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I've not been paying much attention.

10am and 1pm kick-offs will make this even trickier to view here than in 2002. Obviously, that's fair enough given that it's a World tournament, but, still.   The whole thing's a bit condensed too, at exactly 4 weeks, when usually it's a few days over.

I think it'll be harder to get 'into' this particular World Cup as a viewer for all the obvious reasons, but we'll see.

Yeah for me one of the cool things about the world cup and euros is you generally get a taste of what the host country is like but there's none of that here for me with Qatar. Not particularly interested in finding out more about the country.

I've still got quite a lot of annual leave from work this year so may use some of it to watch some of the early games but I don't think I would have bothered otherwise.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
17 hours ago, Rodhull said:

It's not far away. Dixon sounds like he's commentating at gunpoint as well. Along with Murphy as someone mentioned, the 3 of them should be nowhere near a microphone. Absolutely a case of jobs for the boys.

Yeah it was amazing when Lawrenson put his being let go down to ageism and people being woke now. Clearly nobody has ever given him any feedback over the years about how bad he was at his job. Even how sparingly the BBC has used him in the last ten years didn't encourage any kind of introspection. Obviously he felt it was someone else's fault.

This might be a bit of a hard watch in some ways. There are 8 stadiums within about 40 miles of each other so Ally McCoist is going to struggle to make a travelogue. 

The middle of winter is also going to take the fun out of alfresco drinking and a big screen.

The biggest issue is that it's just a giant advert for Fifa corruption and if Jim Leishman paid them enough the world cup would be warded to Fife with 10 games played in Cowdenbeath.