Unpopular opinions

Pyramid Watcher

While the clearing out of weaker teams from the bottom half of the LL (and B Teams) needs rapidly sped up, once it is sorted I actually like the requirement for a playoff into the LL... and actually think a playoff should be introduced in some way to all promotions between leagues (mixture of automatic places and play-offs too) They are a great way to end a season. 

16 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Ainslie Park has flats over looking it, in England Orient ever have theM built at the sides.

Edinburgh Uni's ground too. In fact kick Dumbarton out of the Scottish League because you can watch games from the Castle 

The Lowland League let themselves be fooled with a "pyramid review" that will never happen in order to let the league be devalued with these useless B-teams.

The Lowland League massively disrespects the 3 feeder leagues below them.

46 minutes ago, Marten said:

The Lowland League let themselves be fooled with a "pyramid review" that will never happen in order to let the league be devalued with these useless B-teams.

I don’t think your first point is an unpopular opinion, most people would probably agree.

Edited by Pyramid Watcher

1 hour ago, Marten said:

Don't think it's fair to say the Lowland League were fooled. Publicly I think there was just the one club that said they voted yes to the B teams on the basis of the pyramid review. 7 others probably did it for the money etc.

The Chair was put in a tricky situation. It is their responsibility to put the welfare of the league first. £120k in the bank and knowing there's no risk to the playoffs it's kind of hard to justify saying no at that point.

1 hour ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

I don’t think your first point is an unpopular opinion, most people would probably agree.

There are still plenty of LL fans over here who somehow think the LL are a credit to Scottish football. They clearly aren't, as this is the LL forum, I put it in here.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Don't think it's fair to say the Lowland League were fooled. Publicly I think there was just the one club that said they voted yes to the B teams on the basis of the pyramid review. 7 others probably did it for the money etc.

The Chair was put in a tricky situation. It is their responsibility to put the welfare of the league first. £120k in the bank and knowing there's no risk to the playoffs it's kind of hard to justify saying no at that point.

At least some mentioned it, hence why I put it in here. Can't disagree more with your second point. Such money is really not worth devaluing the league like that. The LL are horribly run and a stain on Scottish football.

8 hours ago, Marten said:

Can't disagree more with your second point. Such money is really not worth devaluing the league like that.

With the rising rates and dependence on flooflights to ensure the LL get the season completed on time. I'm sure the LL clubs will be happy to find some money in the bank to help out with their bills this winter.

6 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

I look forward to the LL, WOS and EOS in a few years to see lots of ex B team players.

You can see lots of ex B team players in Qatar.

There's a few in the Spain, Germany and Netherlands squads... plus Lewandowski, Messi, Ronaldo, Silva, Benzema, Mbappe, Mane and more.

Is a pity Haaland won't be there, another B-Teams graduate. 

3 hours ago, Che Dail said:

You can see lots of ex B team players in Qatar.

There's a few in the Spain, Germany and Netherlands squads... plus Lewandowski, Messi, Ronaldo, Silva, Benzema, Mbappe, Mane and more.

Is a pity Haaland won't be there, another B-Teams graduate. 

I'll just wait for the Scottish ones in our non leagues, less travelling

1 minute ago, cowdenbeath said:

Never rule out GJ winning the LL bit of a habit for him. Be a treat for L2 fans having a pre game pint in the Ferry Boat, shame they knocked down the Gunner

When City played at Ainslie Park I saw some Albion Rovers fans heading to The Anchor in Granton Road.

Probably the height of salubriousness compared to some pubs in Coatbridge....

47 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I'll just wait for the Scottish ones in our non leagues, less travelling

Should be on the telly 👍

Like watching Real Madrid giving Celtic a hiding tonight - 8 out of their starting 11 are ex B-Team players.  No travelling needed to see a world of football away from Scotland.

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

When City played at Ainslie Park I saw some Albion Rovers fans heading to The Anchor in Granton Road.

Probably the height of salubriousness compared to some pubs in Coatbridge....

Passed that pub many times and have always thought it looks like an intresting establishment. Not intresting enough for me to go in right enough.