Unpopular opinions

Pyramid Watcher

Just a bit of fun, not looking for the usual chaos 😂

Do you have any opinions that you think are valid but would never put on here for fear of being massacred ?? Cleanse your soul, and fire away.

I will start.

I actually quite enjoy watching the type of football the B teams play.

2 hours ago, picklish said:

The only football that's exciting these days is internationals

Actually, the youth games, the 5-11 year-olds playing is more enjoyable. You don’t expect perfection, you are OK with poor passes and strange decisions, and in the end, all the players enjoy playing, as long as their parents aren’t c**ts.

Sorry Possil, major fail in that comment.  Where to start ?

Firstly East Kilbride never has been a West of Scotland Premier team. That consists of ex West Juniors plus some clubs that applied to join the WOSFL.  From the outset EK been a Lowland League team. Took the leap of faith along with the other founding clubs.

Secondly the club has tried very hard to stay on an even keel, we know more than anyone how hard it is to prevail in the play offs. Had our successes but no Billy Big Baws talk. That's been a misconception from day 1.

Lastly, because of the success been and still are a scalp. That's life and we accept it.

Now my unpopular opinion. I really wish posters would do a modicum of research before posting " facts " which are sometimes half truths/ opinions / plain wrong. The absolute nonsense posted about the Pyramid, the history and rules in particular is wearing.  Makes for stimulating discussion,  but often based on guff.

41 minutes ago, ekok said:

Sorry Possil, major fail in that comment.  Where to start ?

Firstly East Kilbride never has been a West of Scotland Premier team. That consists of ex West Juniors plus some clubs that applied to join the WOSFL.  From the outset EK been a Lowland League team. Took the leap of faith along with the other founding clubs.

Secondly the club has tried very hard to stay on an even keel, we know more than anyone how hard it is to prevail in the play offs. Had our successes but no Billy Big Baws talk. That's been a misconception from day 1.

Lastly, because of the success been and still are a scalp. That's life and we accept it.

Now my unpopular opinion. I really wish posters would do a modicum of research before posting " facts " which are sometimes half truths/ opinions / plain wrong. The absolute nonsense posted about the Pyramid, the history and rules in particular is wearing.  Makes for stimulating discussion,  but often based on guff.

Chill bro

Hi Henry, wasn't trying to have an argument,  just giving my opinion on conflating the opinion that West Premiership teams were going on about shooting up the Leagues and my club.

Accepted it  touched a nerve , will try to be less precious in future.

I don’t understand why so many clubs actually want to win a place in the SPFL. Once they actually win their place ( I do concede it would be good at the time) all they can conceivably win is diddy leagues against diddy teams. Then when they start losing more games than they win the crowds go down and they end up just the same “deadwood” as the club they replaced. 

Edited by onecowden