Accies vs Cove

From 4-1 will happily take that. And we move off the bottom too.

However, we've won just once and taken just 5 points from 12 against Cove and Arbroath this season which is the bigger picture for me.

If we want to be staying up we need to be beating both of them.

Changed to a back five at 2-4 and didn't let up after that. We played really well for that last 40 minutes or so; with the game in that state, everyone was comfortable in their roles, even if we weren't quite peppering their goal.

I've always been rooting for Tiehi so was glad to see him contribute to the turnaround, but McGinn's been a prospect I've never been sold on however he did very, very well.

We're not good enough to control full games like we did post-subs so there isn't necessarily a tactical blueprint for future matches, but we really need to try and start with the same intensity and confidence.

What a mental game, very much a rollercoaster ride.

In those types of games it's always better to be the team that comes from behind rather than the team that was ahead. But it certainly wasn't a game of any quality, just a lot of shambolic performances mostly in defence, you'll see better defending in tier 10. Oh and the Ref was also a joke, completely lost control in the 2nd half.

Definitely credit to the players that kept fighting, it certainly wasn't everyone, but enough to create chances. Very unimpressed by Ngandu today, didn't look interested in the slightest, and was rightfully hooked at HT. I really hate to keep on the boys back, but Smith just gets worse every game, this is a physical league so you need everyone to get stuck in and make challenges, but he just simply refuses too.

Thought Virtanen did quite well starting in midfield and then moving to centre back. Chucky always trys and you can see he cares as much as the fans, so pleased he got a couple goals today. Thought McGinn was a bright spark, was surprised to see the change at 4-2, but he showed pace and fight, felt sorry for him when he went on a great run, but no one seemed to want to go and help by giving him an option.

Overall its pleasing to get a point after going 4-1 down, but we won't progress until this shambles of a defence is sorted out. He needs to go to a 5 at the back for me, cleansheets need to be the number aim.

1 hour ago, Laid-back Accie said:

What a mental game, very much a rollercoaster ride.

In those types of games it's always better to be the team that comes from behind rather than the team that was ahead. But it certainly wasn't a game of any quality, just a lot of shambolic performances mostly in defence, you'll see better defending in tier 10. Oh and the Ref was also a joke, completely lost control in the 2nd half.

Definitely credit to the players that kept fighting, it certainly wasn't everyone, but enough to create chances. Very unimpressed by Ngandu today, didn't look interested in the slightest, and was rightfully hooked at HT. I really hate to keep on the boys back, but Smith just gets worse every game, this is a physical league so you need everyone to get stuck in and make challenges, but he just simply refuses too.

Thought Virtanen did quite well starting in midfield and then moving to centre back. Chucky always trys and you can see he cares as much as the fans, so pleased he got a couple goals today. Thought McGinn was a bright spark, was surprised to see the change at 4-2, but he showed pace and fight, felt sorry for him when he went on a great run, but no one seemed to want to go and help by giving him an option.

Overall its pleasing to get a point after going 4-1 down, but we won't progress until this shambles of a defence is sorted out. He needs to go to a 5 at the back for me, cleansheets need to be the number aim.

You can always tell within five minutes how his game's gonna go. Should've just been subbed when his first touch of the game bounced off him tbh. 

1 hour ago, Laid-back Accie said:

Thought Virtanen did quite well starting in midfield and then moving to centre back. 

Did you see the Penalty he gave away? Even the rest of the game I thought he looked hopeless and he was nearly at fault for another goal from a corner but Cove missed it. 

Edited by Ian Mcleod

2 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Did you see the Penalty he gave away? Even the rest of the game I thought he looked hopeless and he was nearly at fault for another goal from a corner but Cove missed it. 

I just felt he look more assured and composed on the ball than most of the others, which admittedly certainly isn't hard. 

The penalty just looked to me like the sort of standard ball gets fired at you, your arm is slightly out and it unfortunately hits it.