Accies vs Cove

First league encounter at NDP, between the sides and although early days there's a lot riding on this match. A win for Accies would leapfrog them off the foot of the table, however, a first away win of the season for Cove would start to open up a gap.

It's 5 losses in 6 for Hamilton. Pressure is on the home side and Rankin so early into his tenure. McIntyre's peg would be very shoogly as well I might add if we ended the weekend bottom especially with Hartley waiting in the wings.

Will be my first trip down to New Douglas Park. Cove coming into this one off the back of a decent away point at Somerset Park. A mixed bag of 2 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses in the last 5.  We have improved since the reverse fixture where we looked inept but still consistency at the back needs improved. New loans, Sanders, Johnston, Gilmour are helping on that front.

Don't think we'll see Fyvie in the matchday squad again this week. Hopefully Logan is back after missing last week. Kyle McClelland is still 3 weeks away.

There's a good chance we might go with the 4-4-2 of last week.

As for predicting how this one goes..Fancy us to score but 2 out of 12 clean sheets is a worry. Match odds below. Bookies have Accies as favourites. We're 2/1 which without trying to be biased I think is quite attractive. 

Screenshot_2022-10-26-15-47-53-63_875a1ca781d4e761f0c51523b2fb9a8d.jpg

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Probably no Fulton which means Jamie Smith will play in goals and likely the 5ft Reece Murray as the sub goalie.

No O'Reilly so we'll need to either play Fergus Owens, who hasn't looked up to it at this level, or move The Banter King inside and play our best midfielder/player at right-back.

No Martin so the hapless Virtanen will play in midfield.

I'm sure it'll go just fine.

2/1 on Cove is good odds.
Injuries & suspensions ravaging an already weak squad for us doesn't bode well.

If Cove score first they will win - no idea who plays CB or CM for Accies, can't afford for Lawson to be RB as that means Virtanen & Mimnaugh in midfield but would also mean playing the untried Owens or Newbury at CB.

In short we're fucked!!!

Also apparently according to the OP that 2-2 draw up at the Balmoral was a figment of everyone's imagination!

Dreading this, feel like I'm signing up to be guaranteed miserable. I could not go of course, but feel like I've committed to much to going at this point.

God only knows what team will start, but tbh I don't think it really matters, the same issues will still be there regardless who plays.

Dreading this, feel like I'm signing up to be guaranteed miserable. I could not go of course, but feel like I've committed to much to going at this point.
God only knows what team will start, but tbh I don't think it really matters, the same issues will still be there regardless who plays.

I've been literally dragging myself out the door to leave for the 25 min walk to NDP from my house to extent I've missed kick off the last 2 home games [emoji23]

I think if we all go expecting to lose every game just now we'll be pleasantly surprised if we don't!!!

46 minutes ago, cdhafc1874 said:

2/1 on Cove is good odds.
Injuries & suspensions ravaging an already weak squad for us doesn't bode well.

If Cove score first they will win - no idea who plays CB or CM for Accies, can't afford for Lawson to be RB as that means Virtanen & Mimnaugh in midfield but would also mean playing the untried Owens or Newbury at CB.

In short we're fucked!!!

Also apparently according to the OP that 2-2 draw up at the Balmoral was a figment of everyone's imagination!

My brain wanted to type first league encounter between the sides at NDP but my fingers didn't comply. Edited it now.

2/1 is maybe generous but I wouldn't stick too much of my money on it either!

I knew O'Reilly, who talked others through the game at Balmoral in his distinctive Irish tone, was missing but it does seem Accies are unfortunately without a few others.

We haven't scored first too often his season. Interested to see how it pans out.

7 hours ago, cdhafc1874 said:

I've been literally dragging myself out the door to leave for the 25 min walk to NDP from my house to extent I've missed kick off the last 2 home games emoji23.png

I think if we all go expecting to lose every game just now we'll be pleasantly surprised if we don't!!!

Aye at this point, any faith I had in Rankin or the team vanished after Arbroath.

Previously there's always been at least one player you could look to, that would put in a shift and give at least a half decent performance. Currently I'd say every player is more likely to have a shocker than anything that resembles confidence.

Not eveǹ at Halloween and it feels like last chance saloon already as lose this and we are five-basically six points if you include goal difference- behind the side in 8th and no way would this side make up that gap the way results are going.

It would more likely be double figures by New Year and the doom and gloom around the fans is as bad as the homeless years as McGowan continues to Phoenix Nights our way to oblivion.

The fact we are relying on a 16 year old to come off the bench and help to change games shows how badly Maitland and McDonald(all silent atm)have organised recruitment as has signing and resigning players who are still unfit nearly three months later.

Despite the aforementioned,I feel we can still get out of this mess ... just and then we can regroup after the 8th dreadful season in a row.

Howtorunaclubintotheground.com

Eight dreadful seasons in a row is a bit much, Ye. I think Alex Neil spoiled us with his amazingly successful spell. Had he stayed I dare say things would have tailed off too, to some extent anyway. The first of those seasons wasn't that bad, we beat Dundee Utd 4-0 and Hearts, who were top, 3-2. Even in the following season we beat Aberdeen twice at home. Give me misery like that anytime. Plus I'm fairly sure we beat Motherwell more than they beat us. The cups were generally bloody dreadful of course.

We are in a tailspin at the moment but I actually think we are not as bad as some of(most) our fans think. If we can get the mystical De Bolle in the team I believe he could make a big difference albeit I’m basing that on a 15 min cameo appearance! We just don’t have anyone in the midfield with composure and the ability to pick a pass, a problem we have had since Ali Crawford left. 

Cove keep the same 4-4-2 formation which helped us to a draw at Somerset Park last weekend with the only change to the starting lineup being Shay Logan coming back in for Aberdeen loanee Evan Towler.

Fyvie, McClelland, Ross all out and McIntosh is serving the last match of his suspension.

Screenshot_2022-10-29-14-25-56-96_c0dc27f5c07cb0fb3541d6073dfd6932.jpg