Arbroath v Ayr

58 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Absolute tosh! Game was pretty even but we took our chances second half. Arbroath created very little in front of goal.

Can't argue with that.

Arbroath's final pass was woeful. 

The main differences were Ayr had a proper out & out striker plus subs who came on and influenced the outcome....unfortunately  !!

2 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Absolute tosh! Game was pretty even but we took our chances second half. Arbroath created very little in front of goal.

Yeah, other than the one where Linn hit the post/crossbar and it bounced out to someone who made an absolute meal of it. That was probably their clearest chance. They had more of the ball in the second half for sure but never really threatened. Nor did we for large spells.

I thought Young was immense first half and really unlucky not to score tbh. Chalmers was a bit frustrating but he is that kind of player either sublime or ridiculous. JML what a sub and what a player. I'm pleased for him as he's clearly got talent so glad he won the penalty and scored today. 

Onwards to play Morton next week. That should be a stern test given their form.

Was most pleased that we managed a clean sheet. Also the steak and black pudding pie did not disappoint.

1 hour ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

I really like Ayr United 😁 They remind me so much of ourselves, Brilliant fans, Beautiful old school fashioned traditional ground and a superb away day, There fans again were brilliant today and me and my young daughter couldn’t stop laughing at them all in fancy dress, You lot always  bring through a great healthy crowd and atmosphere and enjoy your day, Always has been great mutual respect between the clubs especially last season when there fans  showered us in so much compliments so it’s great to see themselves doing brilliant this season, All the best for the rest of the season guys 🤩

Onto the game I honestly didn’t feel we deserved to lose as we played well and looked pretty comfortable and it certainly had a draw written all over it until the daft penalty, Just shows you how crazy this league is when again there is nothing really much between the teams, Our striker issue though continues to haunt us, We can be as creative and energetic as we like but without somebody to put it in the net we are always going to struggle unfortunately and sadly it’s such a far cry from last season when we were scoring for fun 🇱🇻⚽

Arbroath lads in the pub after the game buying us jagerbombs  and having a right carry on with us, superb. There's definitely a mutual respect based on what you did trying to catch Killie last season and what we are doing recently. 

Jacobs is an absolute liability. Guaranteed to present the opposition with a chance to score each game. You'd never think he has 300+ senior appearances watching him because he makes the same error of letting the ball bounce just about every single fucking game. 

Jacobs is an absolute liability. Guaranteed to present the opposition with a chance to score each game. You'd never think he has 300+ senior appearances watching him because he makes the same error of letting the ball bounce just about every single fucking game. 

Absolutely this. He reminds me of harrison clark a bit, works hard, tidy on the ball but either costs us a goal or almost costs us a goal through a mistake most games.

9 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

Absolutely this. He reminds me of harrison clark a bit, works hard, tidy on the ball but either costs us a goal or almost costs us a goal through a mistake most games.

Harrison Clark had a mistake in him, but he did look like he could play football unlike Jacobs who is completely done and shouldn't be on the pitch it was his weak header that gave the ball away in the first instance before the pen.

Harrison Clark had a mistake in him, but he did look like he could play football unlike Jacobs who is completely done and shouldn't be on the pitch it was his weak header that gave the ball away in the first instance before the pen.

Should have added i could forgive clark due to his age but really expect more from jacobs