Arbroath v Ayr

Thought we played well enough, certainly didn’t look like top v bottom, but (stating the obvious) it’s impossible to win games if you don’t score.

3 strikers on the bench yet we start, and astonishingly finish with an off form midfielder and a winger up front. Also how can Dick, or anyone else, think that Corfe is a better option when chasing an equaliser??? Probably the worst sub he’s ever made and that’s saying something. Isiaka looked ok when he came on last week, Hilson has been decent this season and Shanks has a bit of physicality about him.

Thought we played well enough, certainly didn’t look like top v bottom, but (stating the obvious) it’s impossible to win games if you don’t score.
3 strikers on the bench yet we start, and astonishingly finish with an off form midfielder and a winger up front. Also how can Dick, or anyone else, think that Corfe is a better option when chasing an equaliser??? Probably the worst sub he’s ever made and that’s saying something. Isiaka looked ok when he came on last week, Hilson has been decent this season and Shanks has a bit of physicality about him.

Agree but I’m not convinced you can say McKenna is off form - he’s being asked to play line striker which is just crazy.

34 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Thought we played well enough, certainly didn’t look like top v bottom

You’re absolutely right, did not look like top v bottom. This league is tighter than I can ever remember. Not 1 fixture throws up a guaranteed win. I’m still checking how far away we are from a relegation place. I’m also allowing myself to check how close to promotion we are. The bookies must hate the Scottish Championship. I still think Arbroath will be a championship team next year.

We deserved something out of that game, came close enough and had the bulk of possession.  But we didn’t get the breaks and probably don’t carry a sharp enough threat up top.  Ayr didn’t do that much, though a strong spell latter part of the first half could have yielded something.  The weakened defence through nonstarting TOB and then Bitsindou’s injury left us a bit vulnerable.  Ayr were OK, but nothing special, which is reflection of this whole league.

Pretty sure the stats will back me up but no way should have we lost today, if only could turn stats into points, thought we controlled the game from start to finish, apart from Ayr possession for 15 mins mid first half we controlled the game, had numerous chances but failed to score (lack of striker), still think we’re a good team but by fuk threw the Gayfield jewels at a striker.

Pretty sure the stats will back me up but no way should have we lost today, if only could turn stats into points, thought we controlled the game from start to finish, apart from Ayr possession for 15 mins mid first half we controlled the game, had numerous chances but failed to score (lack of striker), still think we’re a good team but by fuk threw the Gayfield jewels at a striker.

We are going to “control the game” when we play 6 good/decent midfielders but we’re very unlikely to score so we got what we deserved.

15 minutes ago, Broath Boy said:

Really disagree on Arbroath "controlling the game". That's nonsense imo. Thought it was quite even for the most part.

Arbroath definitely seem better than their position suggests. Although they don't have a killer touch up top which cost them today.

Bearing in mind I was watching on a shitty stream, but felt after the first ten minutes we controlled the first half without looking too dangerous. Second half was largely even. Arbroath definitely worked Albinson more than we did Gaston. I think the match stats reflect that. 

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

Bearing in mind I was watching on a shitty stream, but felt after the first ten minutes we controlled the first half without looking too dangerous. Second half was largely even. Arbroath definitely worked Albinson more than we did Gaston. I think the match stats reflect that. 

Think you we on the pixalot stream, live it was mostly Arbroath but you got a pen, then an excellent goal for yous