Arbroath v Ayr

4 hours ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Will that Pie Hut be open?

Do you mean the 2nd pie hut up on the terracing ? It wasn't open for Hamilton last week. I'd expect it to be open on Saturday as you'll bring at least twice as many fans.

The kiosk as you enter the ground will also be open. 

Last time i was at Gayfield, the game after Ian McCall left and it was up there with one of my favourite away days ever.  Realised while looking for it that we have only won 1 of the 9 meetings between the sides since.  That's brutal. 

Screenshot_20221028-212238_Flashscore.jpg

42 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Last time i was at Gayfield, the game after Ian McCall left and it was up there with one of my favourite away days ever.  Realised while looking for it that we have only won 1 of the 9 meetings between the sides since.  That's brutal. 

Screenshot_20221028-212238_Flashscore.jpg

What a day that was. Frequently watch the highlights from that game!

13 hours ago, Hursty said:

Realised while looking for it that we have only won 1 of the 9 meetings between the sides since.  That's brutal.

In fairness, the period between McCall leaving and the start of this season was generally absolutely fucking rank.

9 minutes ago, Thumper said:

In fairness, the period between McCall leaving and the start of this season was generally absolutely fucking rank.

Aye - it basically peaked that one day in Arbroath haha.    A repeat of that today would be lovely 

29 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

That was our Championship Banter period.

Not to be confused with our League One/Second Division banter periods.

Good times. Best part of 15 years or so of pain. 

Falkirk have a long way to go yet.

Just now, AuAl said:

Good times. Best part of 15 years or so of pain. 

Falkirk have a long way to go yet.

Yep, with a couple of equally banterous brief forays into the Championship under Reid.

That means that the majority of my 22 years supporting Ayr has been banter seasons. Fun times.

2 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Yep, with a couple of equally banterous brief forays into the Championship under Reid.

That means that the majority of my 22 years supporting Ayr has been banter seasons. Fun times.

I'm the same, before the title season, in my time following Ayr the only bright spots had been the 3 playoff promotions. All of which resulted in an immediate relegation back to diddyness. What a season 17/18 was for us as a club.

Arguably just important is how we somehow managed to not to be relegated in the last couple years. Mental stuff considering how bad we were. 

Could anyone name five good moments between McCall leaving and this season?

Hopkin and Duffy getting sacked are particular highlights. Beating Killie at Rugby Park? Mathie arriving felt like a huge turning point as well.

There’s been the odd good result like beating Thistle 4-1, beating Inverness for the first time in about 100 years.

Just now, AuAl said:

I'm the same, before the title season, in my time following Ayr the only bright spots had been the 3 playoff promotions. All of which resulted in an immediate relegation back to diddyness. What a season 17/18 was for us as a club.

Arguably just important is how we somehow managed to not to be relegated in the last couple years. Mental stuff considering how bad we were. 

Last season in particular was ridiculous. We were terrible for most of the season then swatted Partick Thistle aside easily in the final game to stay up.

2017/18 was my favourite season following the club. What a team that was. 

That Ayr team would have put 5 or 6 past last seasons Ayr team without breaking much sweat.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Could anyone name five good moments between McCall leaving and this season?

Hopkin and Duffy getting sacked are particular highlights. Beating Killie at Rugby Park? Mathie arriving felt like a huge turning point as well.

There’s been the odd good result like beating Thistle 4-1, beating Inverness for the first time in about 100 years.

Other than these the only other things I can think of are more occasional odd results. Like beating Raith 4-0 at Starks. I thought we would be okay and in no danger after that win 🤣.