Arbroath v Ayr

We are starting to look better but at the same time every time I seem to think that we play horrendously bad the game after so I have absolutely no idea what to expect. I know Ayr are top but results have shown that there’s not really too much to separate teams especially on any given match day. Big Dipo is obviously the main worry but with Tam back in and a defensive presence in front of the back 4 with big Bitsindou hopefully we cope better than we did on the first game of the season 

Gaston

Oakley 

Little 

ToB

Hamilton

Bitsindou

Tait 

Allan 

McKenna

Linn

Hilson

For me please. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

We are starting to look better but at the same time every time I seem to think that we play horrendously bad the game after so I have absolutely no idea what to expect. I know Ayr are top but results have shown that there’s not really too much to separate teams especially on any given match day. Big Dipo is obviously the main worry but with Tam back in and a defensive presence in front of the back 4 with big Bitsindou hopefully we cope better than we did on the first game of the season 

Gaston

Oakley 

Little 

ToB

Hamilton

Bitsindou

Tait 

Allan 

McKenna

Linn

Hilson

For me please. 

As long as he doesn’t get sent off again. 🤷🏼‍♂️

We should’ve won the first game of the season against Arbroath comfortably. Both teams have improved since then although Arbroath are still struggling at the bottom. They’ll be hard to beat at Gayfield.

I wouldn’t be against keeping the defence as it was when we finished the game last night. However I wouldn’t change anything else.

Every game in this crazy league is tough and I'd expect nothing less on Saturday. Hopefully no knocks from last night, and the players get a fairly easy week in training after a couple of tough games. 

Ideally I'd go with the same lineup again but Bullen does love a bit of a tinker.

11 minutes ago, edinburghhonestman said:

Ideally I'd go with the same lineup again but Bullen does love a bit of a tinker.

It's tempting to stick with the same eleven but, having watched his latest post-match commentary, I won't be at all surprised if Bully changes things again. Dipo looked a bit jaded at times in the last two games so he may be rested and the same applies to Paddy. But we'll see - Arbroath will offer their usual full-on commitment as demanded by Dick Campbell so whatever black'n'white eleven play, they'll need to be ready for that. It'll be a battle for sure as the Lichties need the points. Mackenzie to start? Maybe 'the ghost' will get a start in a three-man midfield with Chalmers being benched? Bottom line - expect changes after 2 physical matches in quick succession.      

5 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Gaston

Oakley 

Little 

ToB

Hamilton

Bitsindou

Tait 

Allan 

McKenna

Linn

Hilson

For me please. 

Would not disagree with this starting XI if Stewart is still injured McKenna and Hilson are fit.

If it is not working please bring on Shanks and Isiaka up front as gives you pace and raw strength.

C'Mon the Red Lichties 36-0.

20 hours ago, edinburghhonestman said:

Every game in this crazy league is tough and I'd expect nothing less on Saturday. Hopefully no knocks from last night, and the players get a fairly easy week in training after a couple of tough games. 

As much as I like the way we're playing and find it very entertaining, the 4 up top does make us very open and easy to get overrun in Midfield, I think I'd maybe think to sacrifice Young (or Dipo if carrying an injury) and add in McKenzie, Ashford or even Smith to give us a bit more stability.

Mullin has been outstanding in the past couple of games and looks a real threat and Chalmers always carries a threat and has made a big difference with his delivery from set pieces (as has Mullin), so whatever team we put out we're undoubtedly going to cause Arbroath problems.

Can’t wait for Saturday. A trip up to Arbroath and top of the league! I’ve been hearing rumours that there’s new talks to merge all the Angus teams. About bloody time. Angus FC playing at Arbroath seems the most sensible option. Could also save Forfar from the drop, was too late for Brechin. 

Imo our starting 11 (well, 10 really) pretty much picks itself (essentially what 1320Lichtie suggests) with only the striker position being a bone of contention. Do we go with Hilson who’s been playing well or give Isiaka or Shanks a start?

Personally, I would start with Hilson and bring on either, or both, of the others depending on how the game’s going. We also have Fosu who I thought played ok on Saturday, a coat of paint away from a goal or two.

Would also like to see Scott Stewart get some game time if he’s fit. Would make a great impact sub.

Edited by Tattie36

I'd take a draw just now to be honest, we have gone up to Arbroath a few times looking for a result and got pumped. 

I'd maybe start Ashcroft and Mullen as it's probably not a game for Chalmers or JML. 

Reading has been ok but given away a few goals recently and maybe needs a rest, McGinty or Ecripont (got to play him some time) to replace him. 

I'd take a draw just now to be honest, we have gone up to Arbroath a few times looking for a result and got pumped. 
I'd maybe start Ashcroft and Mullen as it's probably not a game for Chalmers or JML. 
Reading has been ok but given away a few goals recently and maybe needs a rest, McGinty or Ecripont (got to play him some time) to replace him. 

It’s a deal.

2 hours ago, Ayr23 said:

Can’t wait for Saturday. A trip up to Arbroath and top of the league! I’ve been hearing rumours that there’s new talks to merge all the Angus teams. About bloody time. Angus FC playing at Arbroath seems the most sensible option. Could also save Forfar from the drop, was too late for Brechin. 

Sounds like a plan, just call them Arbroath 

Arbroath vs Ayr United - Supporter information / Tickets

Would all supporters please be aware of the following information ahead of tomorrow's match.

ENTRY AND STADIUM

Segregation will be in place.

All supporters will access the game via Turnstiles 1 and 2. Please have your ticket either printed out on ready on your phone to be scanned.

Ayr United supporters will enter via Turnstile 1 and have sections A and B in the CoelBrew Main Stand, and the Pleasureland End round to the Pie Hut.

The food kiosk behind Section A along with the toilets are open. There is a Disabled Bay in front of Section A.

Arbroath supporters will enter via Turnstile 2 and have the small section next to the CoelBrew Main Stand, the Harbour End and the East Terrace up to the corner flag.

The pie hut is open, along with the toilets and food kiosk behind Section H. There is a disabled Bay in front of Section H. New Toilets behind the East Terrace are also open.

Supporters who have purchased a season ticket in the CoelBrew Main Stand can sit in their seats in Section F and G and supporters who purchased a seat in CoelBrew Main Stand will be able to find the seat they purchased.

Section C in the CoelBrew Main Stand is being used for Hospitality, with D for Visiting Directors and E for Arbroath Directors and Section H for non season ticket Arbroath supporters.

Smoking is not permitted in the main stand of Gayfield Park.

It should go without saying that No pyrotechnics are allowed inside of Gayfield.

TICKETS

There will be no cash gates so we must remind supporters to buy their tickets online.

Season Tickets are of course valid.

Home Support - https://www.arbroathfc.co.uk/match-day-tickets

Ayr United - https://www.arbroathfc.co.uk/away-tickets

Just like last season we shall be operating a ticket only entry process meaning your matchday ticket must be purchased online and either printed out or shown on your phone to be scanned before entry to the ground.

Admission prices are as follows;

Terracing
£20 - Adults
£13 - Concessions
£23 - Adult and 1 child
£25 - Adult and 2 children

CoelBrew Main Stand (Sections F, G and H for Arbroath supporters and Sections A and B for Away Support)

£22 - Adults
£15 - Concessions
£25 - Adult and 1 child
£28 - Adult and 2 children

Please check your junk / email folders if you don’t receive your email with your ticket straight away. If you encounter any problems please email office@arbroathfc.co.uk

Please either have your ticket printed out, or saved on to your phone with your contrast fully up for our scanners to read the code.

When you purchase your ticket you can save / print it in PDF format right away, but a copy will also be emailed to you.

We look forward to welcoming you to Gayfield!

Thank you for your support

C’mon the Lichties