Raith v Talbot

RRFC2711

No wonder the West of Scotland clubs allegedly don't want promoted. They came, sat in, lost three goals and did f**k all. There was zero danger of an upset and it was a tedious affair overall. Second half we stopped fucking about with the final ball and it was game over as soon as the first went in. 

Has to be the best result of the round for me. Having played against Talbot in the eighties twice in the cup and having been spat on from the supporters for the full 90 minutes I can confirm that the knuckle dragging support for the Talbot is indeed a dredge of absolute filth. If the club folded tomorrow It wouldn’t be a day too soon. 

38 minutes ago, Etherglider said:

Has to be the best result of the round for me. Having played against Talbot in the eighties twice in the cup and having been spat on from the supporters for the full 90 minutes I can confirm that the knuckle dragging support for the Talbot is indeed a dredge of absolute filth. If the club folded tomorrow It wouldn’t be a day too soon. 

I live near Auchinleck and can confirm that their fans are fucking scum.

Edited by Richey Edwards

3 hours ago, CALDERON said:

I've not seen a Rovers player attack any cross into the box yet.  A load of possession,  but absolutely no threat.

I'd be livid if I was a 5ft 8 striker and the balls were being whipped into me in the box like they were first half today. I'd be swinging for my team mates at half time. 

Talbot sat with 6 across the back for long periods, did their job well, defended, sat behind the ball and stopped us creating anything. Second half it felt like more of the same until Connolly came up with another great strike. After that, we were the only team winning that game. 

Surprised we didn't rotate more and make use of the bench but we did what was needed, win the game and be in the hat for Monday's draw.

22 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

I'd be livid if I was a 5ft 8 striker and the balls were being whipped into me in the box like they were first half today. I'd be swinging for my team mates at half time. 

Talbot sat with 6 across the back for long periods, did their job well, defended, sat behind the ball and stopped us creating anything. Second half it felt like more of the same until Connolly came up with another great strike. After that, we were the only team winning that game. 

Surprised we didn't rotate more and make use of the bench but we did what was needed, win the game and be in the hat for Monday's draw.

The crosses in the box were absolutely fine, in fact some from Millen were excellent.  Not a single Rovers player made any attempt to attack the ball from them.  These guys are waiting for the ball to fall to their feet, that won't happen.

Edited by CALDERON

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

No wonder the West of Scotland clubs allegedly don't want promoted. They came, sat in, lost three goals and did f**k all. There was zero danger of an upset and it was a tedious affair overall. Second half we stopped fucking about with the final ball and it was game over as soon as the first went in. 

To be fair to them, if they'd come out and had a go we'd probably have won by more. It was just like watching our recent efforts at Celtic. 

Very very disappointed in Talbot, went expecting a blood and guts cup tie and something different but it ended up like a training match, we were never in any danger. Talbot…would have been as well having a go and getting pumped by seven or eight or causing a shock…instead of chucking in the towel from minute one. Sad day for the darlings of the media and junior football.

2 hours ago, CALDERON said:

The crosses in the box were absolutely fine, in fact some from Millen were excellent.  Not a single Rovers player made any attempt to attack the ball from them.  These guys are waiting for the ball to fall to their feet, that won't happen.

Every cross was gathered by the keeper.

8 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Every cross was gathered by the keeper.

No, they weren't.  A lot of the corners were, but plenty of the crosses from open play were absolutely fine.

Edited by CALDERON

1 minute ago, Death in Vegas said:

Just enjoy seeing a team full of bigoted fans getting beat. It’s not that deep.

Remind me what opened on Ayr High Street last week. Remind me who actually produced an Ayr Rangers half and half scarf.

I will give you a more serious answer than this deserves but the reason Talbot get good crowds relative to the size of Auchinleck is the village gets behind Talbot and Talbot is their only team so you are way off with the bigoted accusations