Raith v Talbot

RRFC2711

8 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

We’ve had a few non-league teams in the Scottish Cup over the years. Threave Rovers, Linlithgow Rose, and Deveronvale come to mind. Any more? I remember we got Wick Academy away in the diddy cup.

We had both Vale of Leithen and Peterhead in 1986/87.

Banks O Dee just last season too.

I’m a little concerned about our inability to turn matches around, lower league teams often get an early goal in cup matches. But overall I’m really looking forward to something a bit different.

Just need to be patient here. A lot of attacks are breaking down as they run into the packed defence, but I'm not sure Talbot have had two consecutive touches in the Rovers' half. 

Easton keeps losing the ball, but it's him trying things that's most likely to create proper chances. Otherwise it's just a lot of passing in front of a bank of five and a bank of four. 

The first 30 minutes was just us camped in their half passing the ball about well but with no cutting edge up front. Now we aren’t even passing about well. Get the big Viking on. Noise them up a bit. 

Have we had a decent chance yet? At least if we have a decent chance in the second half I’ll get to see it.

Edited by Scary Bear

Talbot have done exactly what they set out to do, which is drop into the final third and limit any space for the Rovers, then play on the break when the opportunity arises. 

I'd be sorely tempted to take Stanton away and put on either Connell or Frederiksen on, for the long throws as much as anything else. Just gives us another dimension, because we've looked a wee bit short of inspiration. Doesn't help that Vaughan is falling into the same habit as the rest of our lone forwards this season, where he's not getting involved so he drops deep, and we're left with nobody up front. 

Man, we've got some fucking idiot supporters in here today, booing and hounding our own players. O’Riordan doesn't control a ball properly, his 2nd mistake since he got here, and there are mouth breathers up the back hurling abuse. Boos at half time etc.

Sure it's frustrating. They're sitting 5 and 4 at the back, but jesuschristalmighty, can we not lose the plot just yet? 

Seems the piece the club put out on mental health through the week has had the opposite effect to that intended. I fucking despair sometimes.

Despite what the Sky app is saying, we must be close to 80% possession, but absolutely zero penetration.

I'm not sure we need two holding midfielders in front of two centre halves for this game.

Set piece delivery has been even worse than normal.

Job very well done by Talbot so far.