Raith v Talbot

RRFC2711

13 hours ago, Death in Vegas said:

We are all behind you Raith emoji106.png

As are the Talbot supporters behind their team, as displayed above! 🙃

Will be a cracking cup tie this and although the team aren't firing on all cylinders, you'll be amazed at the amount of black and gold in your stadium. Hopefully another in a long line of Talbot upsets.

As are the Talbot supporters behind their team, as displayed above! [emoji854]
Will be a cracking cup tie this and although the team aren't firing on all cylinders, you'll be amazed at the amount of black and gold in your stadium. Hopefully another in a long line of Talbot upsets.

Jim Baxter’s ….is that a branch of our supporters club ?

If this was at Beechwood it would likely be the Telly game and I'd be quietly confident we could do something but I'm not so sure away from home.

Might be wrong but I think Neilly is suspended too which isn't ideal.

I'll just be happy to see us give a good account of ourselves and hope for Raith to have an off day.  

• 4 weeks later...
If this was at Beechwood it would likely be the Telly game and I'd be quietly confident we could do something but I'm not so sure away from home.
Might be wrong but I think Neilly is suspended too which isn't ideal.
I'll just be happy to see us give a good account of ourselves and hope for Raith to have an off day.  

Yes Neills suspended.

This or a day of football in front of the telly? It’s a toughie. Depends on the weather.

It is the Scottish Cup though, so I should really make the effort. That 5-2 game last week has definitely sapped my enthusiasm somewhat but it would be good to get a run in the Scottish Cup.

On 22/11/2022 at 08:33, Scary Bear said:

This or a day of football in front of the telly? It’s a toughie. Depends on the weather.

It is the Scottish Cup though, so I should really make the effort. That 5-2 game last week has definitely sapped my enthusiasm somewhat but it would be good to get a run in the Scottish Cup.

Up against France v Denmark which isn't ideal. 

This Saturday's 52 page programme contains:

- An extensive interview with Connor O'Riordan,

- An A-Z of Auchinleck Talbot,

- Former Rovers player and Auchinleck 'God' Willie Knox recalls some memories,

- Rovers On This Day,

- When the Lion Roared (the Joe Baker era),

- QP match reports and photos (ouch),

- Plus the usual Manager's notes, Quiz, Mascots, Community news etc,

- And, of course, a wee mention of the 27/11 anniversary (it would have been rude not to).

On sale in and around the ground for only £3.

3334639974.jpg

Looking forward to this as novelty value. We always seem to draw the same old teams in the Scottish Cup so a home game against non-league makes a pleasant change. From a footballing point of view could be a bit of a worry though. This lot have form for beating League sides . 

38 minutes ago, bagpuss said:

Looking forward to this as novelty value. We always seem to draw the same old teams in the Scottish Cup so a home game against non-league makes a pleasant change. From a footballing point of view could be a bit of a worry though. This lot have form for beating League sides . 

We’ve had a few non-league teams in the Scottish Cup over the years. Threave Rovers, Linlithgow Rose, and Deveronvale come to mind. Any more? I remember we got Wick Academy away in the diddy cup.

44 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

We’ve had a few non-league teams in the Scottish Cup over the years. Threave Rovers, Linlithgow Rose, and Deveronvale come to mind. Any more? I remember we got Wick Academy away in the diddy cup.

Broxburn United, away, in 1913.

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

We always seem to draw them away from home though. Good to see someone different at home.