HIbs vs St Mirren

It's a fair cop, Hibs have been well ahead of us all game,I'll be honest that's the best I've seen Hibs play in some time.

I'd contest that penalty, and we've not had the luck, but we can't complain really.

Just now, Gareth_Glasgow said:

Time to get Shaughnessy back in the team. Gogic made a mess of the second goal but I’d still move him back to the middle of the park, the middle three have been miles off it defensively.

Robinson has clearly set his stall out, but Shaughnessy looks sharper. If Gallacher is out for long, I know who I'd be choosing to replace him, but equally defenders need games to play into form so if Gogic is the long term plan in defence, then maybe Robinson will keep with him, in hope he turns the corner.

14 minutes ago, Ric said:

It's a fair cop, Hibs have been well ahead of us all game,I'll be honest that's the best I've seen Hibs play in some time.

I'd contest that penalty, and we've not had the luck, but we can't complain really.

Why the hell do we give teams so much space away from home you just invite teams to score and against our defence that's not hard to do .

Mykola is something else. The amount of goals he's had ruled out in the last couple of weeks, maybe 3? 2 actually scored now, very strong start.

Was quite happy with McKirdy coming in on deadline day, presumably to play as a striker, but this guy's come out of left field and left McKirdy in the wilderness. 

6 minutes ago, elvis said:

Why the hell do we give teams so much space away from home you just invite teams to score and against our defence that's not hard to do .

We weren't good today. The formation/strategy does work, we are better off than under other recent mangers, but it's also fair to ask what is going on with our away form.

4 minutes ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

Mykola is something else. The amount of goals he's had ruled out in the last couple of weeks, maybe 3? 2 actually scored now, very strong start.

He does look a very decent find.

Edited by Ric

We might as well have stayed in the dressing room at half time. Fair play to Hibs, miles better.

As good as we've been at home, we've been rotten away. I can't really think of a reason why either. We don't appear to approach games any differently.

Individual errors cost us at least one goal today. The second goal, Ayunga just runs into the Hibs defender and gives the ball away, Shaugnessy gets sucked into the ball, then Gogic should just put it out the park but gets easily brushed aside. 

We never tested Marshall at all in the second half. He looked a bit shaky from cross balls and we didn't put enough pressure on him.

4 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Debatable penalty didn't help matters, but tbh we weren't at the races today.

Big game next week to try and stop our poor away form.

Obviously I haven't seen it again as at the match, but the penalty was given by VAR, so how was it debatable? 

Genuine question by the way.

2 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Obviously I haven't seen it again as at the match, but the penalty was given by VAR, so how was it debatable? 

The ball is hit at him from a few yards and it seemed as if he was trying to pull his arm out the way. 

I think it was a penalty but I can see why folk might question it. There's always going to be a debate around handballs I suppose.

Genuinely looked like scoring every time we went forward in spells today. Game died a death after the third but we were good in the first half and really good after the break.

Kenneh, Porteous, Mykola, Rocky and Porteous all excellent. 

Hopefully Boyle is okay for the World Cup, looked dejected walking off the pitch. 

Expected more from St.Mirren, their forwards can be a handful but their midfield were comfortably second best today, big Myk gave Gogic a torrid time.

41 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I appreciate they may still have me on /ignore, but this answers their question...

2 hours ago, Ric said:

From the footage I saw, it looks like he pulls his left arm in to his body and turned away from the ball, the ball hit the top of his left arm. To give a penalty for that seems harsh to say the least. There was no movement towards the ball and the arm wasn't in an unnatural position.

If it his his right hand, which was outstretched them it's totally a penalty, unfortunate as that is, but as I say, the video replays I've seen show it hitting on the left.

Saints were atrocious. Tait should’ve been left on to get sent off if he could get close enough to a Hibs player to foul, failing that another handball. He’s far too slow for this level and stands off players too much, point and case being the penalty.

The goal chopped off for Hibs was a great move. 

51 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Tait turned his back on the shot - his left arm was by his side which the ball seemed to hit, his right arm was out stretched. 

Very harsh imo, but ive only seen it 3 or 4 times. 

Might of made a difference going in level at halftime, but doubt it.

Don't think we had a chance of any note in the 2nd half.

49 minutes ago, conboyhibs said:

Genuinely looked like scoring every time we went forward in spells today. Game died a death after the third but we were good in the first half and really good after the break.

Kenneh, Porteous, Mykola, Rocky and Porteous all excellent. 

Hopefully Boyle is okay for the World Cup, looked dejected walking off the pitch. 

Expected more from St.Mirren, their forwards can be a handful but their midfield were comfortably second best today, big Myk gave Gogic a torrid time.

Any team playing us away from home look like scoring everytime they get up the park we give teams so much space they can pretty much do what the hell they like it's actually really embarrassing today was three going on six fucking awfull.