HIbs vs St Mirren

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Would be a long list of players who played for both clubs.

In my time (off the top of my head)...Bobby Torrance, Iain Munro, Brian Hamilton, Neil Cooper, Martin McIntosh, Steve Cowan, Dougie Bell, Neil Orr, Kirk Broadfoot, Barry Lavety, Mark Fulton, Tommy Turner, the three McGinns, Doyle-Hayes, Gogic etc.

There will be many more.

Neil Orr

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

In my time (off the top of my head)...Bobby Torrance, Iain Munro, Brian Hamilton, Neil Cooper, Martin McIntosh, Steve Cowan, Dougie Bell, Neil Orr, Kirk Broadfoot, Barry Lavety, Mark Fulton, Tommy Turner, the three McGinns, Doyle-Hayes, Gogic etc.

There will be many more.

Mark Dempsie, David van Zanten

Just now, Arch Stanton said:

Gah...I knew there was another centre-half  from the mid 2000s wilderness years, just couldn't dig it out.

Not a bad centre half at all. Definitely one of the better ones in the league at the time. He was utterly goosed with injuries though.

A game I have attended through out the years being an old c**t. Old Hibs open end the rain was bucketing down Hibs moved us into their main stand the whole away support.  Since that day I have nothing but utter respect for Hibs sound club.  At long last we Saints fans have a team we can be proud of thanks to Robinson.  ( take note hibs ) please don't. No idea how this will pan out.  Robinson likes to play counter attack some might not like it but it is getting results.  Sadly given up on away games trying to make sure I don't spend more than I need to due to this shite cost of living crises . 

7 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

A game I have attended through out the years being an old c**t. Old Hibs open end the rain was bucketing down Hibs moved us into their main stand the whole away support.  Since that day I have nothing but utter respect for Hibs sound club.  At long last we Saints fans have a team we can be proud of thanks to Robinson.  ( take note hibs ) please don't. No idea how this will pan out.  Robinson likes to play counter attack some might not like it but it is getting results.  Sadly given up on away games trying to make sure I don't spend more than I need to due to this shite cost of living crises . 

The old Dunbar End was a brutally exposed section of Terrace when the weather was foul (i.e November to March).

My early memories of the fixture were that games were usually pretty tight and that St Mirren were a well set up team and had a really nice adidas kit (Graham's Buses). 

13 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

There will be many more.

You can add Davie Elliot, Chic Charnley and Kyle Magennis. Think he's suspended tomorrow - Magennis that is, although wouldn't surprise me if Charnley is still serving a ban.

14 hours ago, Captain Saintsible said:

4 July 2003 @Ric

😜

It's a shame Div deleted so many old messages, I must have lost about 20,000 posts from over a decade.
Trust me, every single one of those posts was a banger, landing truth and insight, lauded by all those who saw them.

On 26/10/2022 at 12:46, FTOF said:

Factor in a dive by Boyle in the build-up too and I think you're onto something.:P

No idea how this will go. Our away form hasn't exactly been scintillating.

We'll give you loads of the ball and try to hit you on the break.

Barring injuries I'd imagine we'll have virtually the same team as last week, with Big Dec and Tanser possibly replacing Gogic and Tait, if fit.

Tanser is fit but will miss game due to being involved in a car crash as a result of which, his wife was injured.

Scottish Premiership star to miss Hibs match following car crash | The Scotsman

Edited by FTOF

I think our last 5 games with Hibs have resulted in narrow 1 nil victories for either club or draws. 

With that in mind, i see the first goal being crucial for us. 

Would obviously love any kind of victory but probably feel the draw is the most likely outcome. 

There was also a game at Cappielow when they opened the side door to the stand for us during a monsoon downpour.

On 27/10/2022 at 20:26, Arch Stanton said:

There will be many more.

Paul Fenwick.  Mixu. Paddy Cregg

Edited by Billy_Gunn

Hopefully we have a strong ref today. Expect Porteous to get himself in a tangle with our defender at a Hibs corner and then throw himself theatrically to the ground. And we all know what Boyle is like
1-0 Hibs
Penalty.

With Gallagher not returning to training until yesterday and Tanser being unavailable, barring further injuries, I'd imagine we'll be unchanged today.

We need to be more clinical today with our finishing. i.e. avoid hitting the post/bar and hit it on target!