HIbs vs St Mirren

14 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Stopped using this forum as regularly as I used to, when did Ric become a dull as dishwater poster? :lol:

* inserts Marvel meme *

"That's my secret, Cap, I'm always dull"

1 minute ago, Torfason said:

Aaaaaanyway

Probably going to be a tight game, going for 1-1.

Stevie Archibald double. 

Would be a long list of players who played for both clubs.

In my time (off the top of my head)...Bobby Torrance, Iain Munro, Brian Hamilton, Neil Cooper, Martin McIntosh, Steve Cowan, Dougie Bell, Neil Orr, Kirk Broadfoot, Barry Lavety, Mark Fulton, Tommy Turner, the three McGinns, Doyle-Hayes, Gogic etc.

There will be many more.

28 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Would be a long list of players who played for both clubs.

In my time (off the top of my head)...Bobby Torrance, Iain Munro, Brian Hamilton, Neil Cooper, Martin McIntosh, Steve Cowan, Dougie Bell, Neil Orr, Kirk Broadfoot, Barry Lavety, Mark Fulton, Tommy Turner, the three McGinns, Doyle-Hayes, Gogic etc.

There will be many more.

Andy Dow….. shiver 

golden oldie strikers…..

Gerry Baker, Ally McLeod & Jim Blair 

Edited by Captain Saintsible

14 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

It was quite a coup getting over £300k for Hamilton and Cooper back in 1988.

IIRC, nearly all of that was just for Brian Hamilton

An incredible piece of business for St Mirren. 

However, we pulled in a fortune at that time for the likes of Ferguson, Hamilton, Cameron & Winnie, even Paul Chalmers, Tommy Wilson, Billy Davies etc…..

and we wasted it all on signing guys who were a complete waste of money 

31 minutes ago, Captain Saintsible said:

It’s interesting, by and large, the guys who’ve played for both clubs, their best spells were invariably at St Mirren

Andy Dow excepted 

Yeah that John McGinn guy did nothing at Hibs..........

11 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Yeah that John McGinn guy did nothing at Hibs..........

He did say by and large.

I was delighted that Meatball was part of the Hibs team that won the cup, I won a bundle by placing a bet on David Gray being the next scorer immediately after Stokes equalised,

ETA...He's also brought in the biggest sum in transfer fees of any ex-player...the initial £150k, the third of the fee Hibs initially received and a third of the bonus they received from the add-on for Villa being promoted. With him currently out of the AV side he may well move on in January and we'll get another third of Hibs 15% sell-on.

And before any of the more fanny-minded of the Hibs fans try their pish regarding the sell on percentage...don't bother.

Edited by Arch Stanton

6 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

He did say by and large.

I was delighted that Meatball was part of the Hibs team that won the cup, I won a bundle by placing a bet on David Gray being the next scorer immediately after Stokes equalised,

Indeed, not all

Paul McGinn probably had his best spell at Hibs

And John McGinn also won a major trophy at Saints and played Wanyama off the park in the semi 

Edited by Captain Saintsible

In hindsight (and apparently it' a wonderful thing), fair play to Hibs for taking the chance on JMcG when he left Saints. Having made just under 100 appearances for Saints, and having been there since he was a sperm, the club were due around £250k as a development fee. No one wanted to touch him at that price and, although Stewart Gilmour has been much derided on another thread, the £150k plus addons agreed has greatly benefitted both clubs.

Had Hibs not stepped in JMcG's career may have been a whole lot worse. Speculation, of course, but the cup win and promotion undoubtedly increased his standing and ultimately won him his move to a big English club.

Loads of money for both clubs, with undoubtedly more to come. Captain of Scotland. Scar on his thigh.