Jump to content

St Johnstone vs Kilmarnock - Saturday 29th October 2022 (Return of the Meh)


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Zamora Fan said:

Q: What do you get if you play a soft winger, an attacking midfielder and a centre back in a midfield 3 ahead of 3 very defensive centre backs who aren't good on the ball, at home against one of the worst teams in the league?

A: 

Screenshot 2022-10-29 at 15.45.00.png

A win 

Edit: Fucking love VAR

Edited by shibbydoo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Absolute dug shite. 
 

3 points though, and VAR seems to like us, so far anyway. 
 

James Brown vs Daniel Armstrong was just about Jordan Jones vs Aaron Comrie all over again, just as well the back 3 dealt with the balls into the box as Brown couldn’t get near Armstrong all day.  Mitchell was out of sorts today too I felt. 
 

A confident Stevie May is an absolute joy to watch. Deserved his ovation at the end. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I remember in the late 80s and early 90’s if you couldn’t make a match you had to watch scores come in on ceefax.

It would scroll through 7 pages of the different leagues while you waited to see an update on how your team were doing.  It was shite.

But I now think it would be the best way to watch Callum Davidson’s side play football. Just look for the result.

Good 3 points, and if that was a one off performance you’d be delighted we’d ground out a win in a tough match and move on.  But it’s not. It’s our whole ambition every week.

When we score after 4 minutes and you sit down after celebrating, you then realise what you’ve got to endure for the next 91 minutes.

The celebration at the var non-red card says everything about the rest of the match.

Good to see the confidence and moments of skill from Stevie May, despite his missed sitter,  he’s getting back to the player he was.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Didn't think it was a red first time round but surprised the red was over turned. Really felt like one of those interpretation decisions and struggling to understand what the VAR/ref would have seen to have changed his mind.

Already played better than that and lost so will take the three points. Really disjointed on the ball again with only May, who was excellent, looking a danger. Need to get the balance in midfield sorted. Hallberg further forward today but Carey just inheriting the same problems.  Not help with Brown at LWB again - madness sticking with it. Davidson really must not rate Gallacher/Montgomery. 

Positives are winning a game that you imagine would have been lost last season and May's continued good form. Defensively good as well - can't remember Remy making a save - and seemed to stop Killie playing at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

 can't remember Remy making a save 

He did, several times. The one from the header, which was goal bound, was the pick of the bunch for me.

VAR helps teams like Saints, who haven't got the decisions in recent seasons. Without VAR hibs would've had at least a draw last week and likewise killie this week. Long may it continue. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like this team. Like others, I think this team could do something. There’s a bit of personality, which - Rooney aside - we lacked last season. Today the showed they can grind a win out. Against Dundee Utd, they showed they can play. All of this is in spite of the manager, I feel.

 

As Radford says, idiot football. James Brown - hung out to dry. Genuinely feel there’s only one person in the world who can’t see it.

 

My eyesight isn’t the best, but I thought the red card was a red at the time, although I was the only one around me who did. If either of these teams get near the top six this season, then f**k me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

I like this team. Like others, I think this team could do something. There’s a bit of personality, which - Rooney aside - we lacked last season. Today the showed they can grind a win out. Against Dundee Utd, they showed they can play. All of this is in spite of the manager, I feel.

 

As Radford says, idiot football. James Brown - hung out to dry. Genuinely feel there’s only one person in the world who can’t see it.

 

My eyesight isn’t the best, but I thought the red card was a red at the time, although I was the only one around me who did. If either of these teams get near the top six this season, then f**k me. 

Last season we lost that 2-1 in the dying minutes after collapsing in the second half. 
 

the team is okay. It could be doing more. 7 points clear of 11th at this stage is not to be sniffer at. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, mizfit said:

Last season we lost that 2-1 in the dying minutes after collapsing in the second half. 
 

the team is okay. It could be doing more. 7 points clear of 11th at this stage is not to be sniffer at. 

Exactly how I feel. Without going all moonhowler, the red card *probably* goes against us too. This is quite a good team to be a stepping stone to the next but I’m still unsure if o trust this manager to lead it. Suppose time will tell.

Just as an aside, I’ve been made to eat a massive amount of humble pie in regards to Considine. Immense again today, and could probably argue he’s been our player of the season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

My eyesight isn’t the best, but I thought the red card was a red at the time, although I was the only one around me who did. 

Just seen sportscene, I might not need that eye test. With the caveat I’ve had a few beers 

Edited by PSJ.84
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Just seen sportscene, I might not need that eye test. With the caveat I’ve had a few beers 

I haven't seen it back, but at the time I didn't think Brown could ha e had much argument.

Has to be said, the ref was absolutely terrible today. The big decisions aside, there was a lot of strange decisions in that game, for and against both sides.

Said it before, but the recapture of form by May is excellent. He looks so much sharper, hungrier and confident than he has in a long time. Having a striking partner clearly helps, but I suspect there are other factors beit coaching/life in general that has him in a good place.

Killie seem a decent side going forward and when they get the ball out wide, but kind of felt like the defensive and offensive players were playing a completely different game plan if that makes sense... from an outside in view maybe McInnes has a game plan and approach that he can't quite get the players to follow every week, although I suspect when it clicks, Killie are a very decent side. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Zamora Fan said:


Welcome to the forum Callum.

If that’s one of the “highs” for us under this manager this season, f**k that.

Of course 3 points is a high, last season that was 0 points.

We all know the manager is shit but at least we are picking up points, with a wee bit of luck that will increase confidence with the players and the troll.

Allow yourself a wee smile on a Saturday night for once, instead of greeting about how awful it is to watch.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

I haven't seen it back, but at the time I didn't think Brown could ha e had much argument.

Has to be said, the ref was absolutely terrible today. The big decisions aside, there was a lot of strange decisions in that game, for and against both sides.

Said it before, but the recapture of form by May is excellent. He looks so much sharper, hungrier and confident than he has in a long time. Having a striking partner clearly helps, but I suspect there are other factors beit coaching/life in general that has him in a good place.

Killie seem a decent side going forward and when they get the ball out wide, but kind of felt like the defensive and offensive players were playing a completely different game plan if that makes sense... from an outside in view maybe McInnes has a game plan and approach that he can't quite get the players to follow every week, although I suspect when it clicks, Killie are a very decent side. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...