Wasps v Bully Wee

18 minutes ago, Cutty Sark said:

From speaking with the podcast guys, they find their superfan very flattering, if not a tad stalkerish.

Onto the football. Poor result today. Roberts goal a highlight but still work to be done on the individual errors. 

Anyone got a manager wishlist?

Definitely a stalker

Managers, Hartley, Thomson, Ross and Kettlewell my picks. Probably no chance for any of them!

From speaking with the podcast guys, they find their superfan very flattering, if not a tad stalkerish.
Onto the football. Poor result today. Roberts goal a highlight but still work to be done on the individual errors. 
Anyone got a manager wishlist?

Reckon we are going with Moore for the foreseeable unless something gives with the Danny situation.

I came on to see what was being said about the performance today. It’s sad that, from a Clyde perspective, we can’t even discuss a football match without a grown man taking, what appears to be, personal issues with individuals on to this platform. In future probably best to keep it away from here as it’s clear that no-one else looks to share these opinions. Let’s deprive the troll of the oxygen it so eagerly seeks and ignore and hope that he gets a new, constructive hobby. 

Anyway back to the original motive for coming here… Could have got a point, probably should have got a point. We’re going to have to start suring up at the back and get these much needed points on the board. 

Having watched the highlights the first goal we conceded is very disappointing. Euan Cameron could have booted the ball up the park but loses it cheaply and Lyon absolutely done at RB. And it takes a couple of unlucky deflections in the build up too.

As I thought at the time, there is f**k all wrong with Peter Grants goal, to see a foul on the keeper there is a joke.

Kennedys first booking is a farce, but the second was stupid, the boy was going nowhere.

Still not convinced Cunningham was offside when played through.

Nothing wrong with the alloa winner, just incredibly disappointing to lose a goal (and the game) with virtually the last kick.

4 hours ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Definitely a stalker

Managers, Hartley, Thomson, Ross and Kettlewell my picks. Probably no chance for any of them!

Fantasy land with they names I’m afraid. I’m sure Kettlewell remembers just badly the Clyde fans rated his playing time here. We must be the most unattractive team in Scotland. 

Edited by Karpaty Lviv

That first goal is a total joke, Cameron does nothing with the ball and Lyon does his usual and let’s a player run past him. He’s never a right back in his life. 

Doesn’t look much wrong with Grants goal and equally nothing wrong with Alloa’s winner. 

Just watched the, as always excellent (I like the second camera angle), highlights. It's a clear foul by number eleven on Hogarth for Peter Grant's goal. He jumps at the keeper. We'll spotted by the ref.

Delighted for Luke Donnelly getting the two goals. He brings good qualities with his touch and awareness. We know he's not been prolific, but maybe he'll take confidence from the three goals he's scored already and get a few more plus some assists.

15 hours ago, Adolfo Rios said:

It goes live on more than one platform. You are seeing the viewers for the one you are on. It's not difficult to understand.

Sensitive? I'm not posting on an online football forum about a show produced for the club you support to belittle and sneer at it all because of who is involved with it. Simple, you don't like it, or the people on it, ask the club to replace me/us.

I am guessing the offer of sponsorship is now off the table?

Fair play to you and anyone else who do this. Along with any other volunteers taking time out too regardless of whether they are a board member or a programme seller.

Clutching at straws here I know, but looked at our disallowed goal a few times  and still see what the ref has given decision for?

When I look at the Alloa winning goal especially taken in the context of disallowing ours, I thought there was a big shout for a free kick for us in the box before it breaks to Alloa player. 

Never a booking for Challenge which leads to the sending off. As I say all mute points now as game is in the past and probably seals our position in relegation slots even at this stage..

Depressing stuff really especially given there is little or no chance we can replace the manager with anyone who can bring us forward given the financial situation.
That said I do like Allan Moore and from what I’ve heard he is uncomplicated in his approach, which would be refreshing change from Lennon’s overthinking and bizarre selections. 

21 hours ago, Waspie said:

I'm not prone to saying lower league football is shite, I actually love it. However, seems pretty clear that the standard has been dropping for a few seasons now. The Championship was getting steadily worse in our most recent three seasons there and would appear to be worse again now. The standard of this league is definitely lower than the last decade, even the sides at the top don't seem to be particularly impressive, so far at least. As such, "bang average" is more than good enough to win plenty of games and we are evidence of that. 

As an aside, I don't think we are anywhere near as good a team as we could be. The manager has assembled a fine squad but so many changes week to week and through games that to me it never really gets to settle. I didn't see today but why did Mclaren start (and presumably Taggart back to CB) when he had Howie and Graham available? Doesn't make sense. Wee bits of individual quality are winning us points but there is potentially a far better team there than we are seeing. 

But it's another welcome win and it's an awful lot better than last season. So bang average will do for now. 

I agree with this, although it's hard to be too critical when we are picking up wins and sitting in a decent place in the table. Couldn't see the logic in the defensive lineup when I saw the team sheet and I was still unconvinced when the game started. Taggart was excellent at right back last week so didn't really see why he was reverted to centre half again with options there.

Thought we were pretty good in the opening 20 - 25 minutes- particularly Cawley who was far more influential further forward (no shock there). But after Clyde equalised we fell out of it and were a wee bit fortunate to be level at the break. Manager said himself we were spooked after the goal and that's happening a bit too often in more recent games. 

Both midfield cancelled each other out for much of the second half and I thought Clyde probably deserved a point. They started getting a bit panicky after being reduced to 10 men though and I guess that's understandable being on such a long losing run.

Donnelly is our best player at the moment, although he admittedly was quiet second half until he scored the winner. Regardless of circumstances you can't beat an injury time winner. We have a decent squad capable of winning games as we are seeing, but I think we will have to play a whole lot better over at Kelty next week to get the 3 points.

On 30/10/2022 at 08:16, printer said:

Delighted for Luke Donnelly getting the two goals. He brings good qualities with his touch and awareness. We know he's not been prolific, but maybe he'll take confidence from the three goals he's scored already and get a few more plus some assists.

Luke Donnelly is exactly the type of player Clyde needs at this level. I'm wildly jealous of Alloa's team.

18 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

I agree with this, although it's hard to be too critical when we are picking up wins and sitting in a decent place in the table. Couldn't see the logic in the defensive lineup when I saw the team sheet and I was still unconvinced when the game started. Taggart was excellent at right back last week so didn't really see why he was reverted to centre half again with options there.

Thought we were pretty good in the opening 20 - 25 minutes- particularly Cawley who was far more influential further forward (no shock there). But after Clyde equalised we fell out of it and were a wee bit fortunate to be level at the break. Manager said himself we were spooked after the goal and that's happening a bit too often in more recent games. 

Both midfield cancelled each other out for much of the second half and I thought Clyde probably deserved a point. They started getting a bit panicky after being reduced to 10 men though and I guess that's understandable being on such a long losing run.

Donnelly is our best player at the moment, although he admittedly was quiet second half until he scored the winner. Regardless of circumstances you can't beat an injury time winner. We have a decent squad capable of winning games as we are seeing, but I think we will have to play a whole lot better over at Kelty next week to get the 3 points.

He was and that was at least partly, of course, because we stopped playing and resorted to long balls.

19 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

Luke Donnelly is exactly the type of player Clyde needs at this level. I'm wildly jealous of Alloa's team.

Agreed, isn’t it amazing what can happen if you have a credible recruitment department?

22 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Clutching at straws here I know, but looked at our disallowed goal a few times  and still see what the ref has given decision for?

When I look at the Alloa winning goal especially taken in the context of disallowing ours, I thought there was a big shout for a free kick for us in the box before it breaks to Alloa player. 

Never a booking for Challenge which leads to the sending off. As I say all mute points now as game is in the past and probably seals our position in relegation slots even at this stage..

Depressing stuff really especially given there is little or no chance we can replace the manager with anyone who can bring us forward given the financial situation.
That said I do like Allan Moore and from what I’ve heard he is uncomplicated in his approach, which would be refreshing change from Lennon’s overthinking and bizarre selections. 

Agreed. Ref took ages to blow...was this no foul if the ball gets cleared but an infringement only because we put the ball over the line?

Someone earlier said this particular ref takes a side in each match, depending on which fans swear at him. I don't think I can evidence that but since the return of DGW last season, we have NOT got any benefit of the doubts...I the last few games: multiple booking v Dunfermline, sending off V Montrose, soft pen v QOS and multiple decisions v Alloa.

39 minutes ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

Agreed. Ref took ages to blow...was this no foul if the ball gets cleared but an infringement only because we put the ball over the line?

Someone earlier said this particular ref takes a side in each match, depending on which fans swear at him. I don't think I can evidence that but since the return of DGW last season, we have NOT got any benefit of the doubts...I the last few games: multiple booking v Dunfermline, sending off V Montrose, soft pen v QOS and multiple decisions v Alloa.

Whilst I am sure this is a load of nonsense, if I was a ref I would gleefully penalise the side whose players/fans were swearing at me.

2 hours ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

😂

Behave yourself. You were unlucky to get nothing from the game but it was a very clear penalty. The only element of doubt was whether Ruth was actually onside before he was fouled. Looked like he was onside on the video but it was tight. It's absolutely a foul.

On 29/10/2022 at 18:22, Kevchenko said:

Was surprised at this as well, unfortunately McLaren had a pretty poor half and it wasn’t a surprise to see Howie replace him at halftime. Was a little surprised that the substitution also came with a change of shape though. I suppose one way to look at it is if you are going to introduce some of the youth you are likely to do it in this sort of game?

Been saying on the podcast last couple of weeks that I want to see Howie starting - can completely understand easing him back in over last 4 or 5 games but got to say he is looking very fit already - evidenced again today when he chased back at full pace and produced a cracking sliding challenge. 

I didn't actually realise this but looking at the highlights we kept Taggs at CB as part of a three and moved Kev Cawley to RWB after taking off McLaren? I can't make any case for not starting Taggs RB (or RWB) in this game and then not correcting the mistake. 

Introducing youth is fine but doing it when it weakens the team then subbing the player at ht is questionable. The priority should be nailing down a natural shape and identity as a team. We still haven't managed that and that's why we struggle to compete against the better teams, despite having a standard of player capable of doing so. We'll keep picking up points against weaker sides due to having a good squad but we won't reach our potential with constant switching and players out of position. 

Agree about Howie, he should be starting regardless of it being a back 3 or 4. 

I'd actually like to see us go back to 4-2-3-1. We have very good options for CB and a brilliant attacking RB, with Church capable of doing a job at LB. Robbo and either Cammy or Miller would make an excellent centre midfield, and Scougall, Donnelly and Cawley has the potential to be a fantastic three behind a striker, bringing back memories of the terrible trio of Kev, Flanny and Kirkpatrick under Jack Ross. Sammon, Offord and MacIver could compete for the striker role (MacIver also capable of fitting into the three) with Brad a great option to unleash late on. I know the manager has the mantra that he will always play 2 up and that it won't happen, but IMO if you went with that shape and let it bed in then this squad would make the play-offs no bother and push any side in the league. 

Again, I'd qualify this by saying we're doing fine in the table and it's miles better than last season, and Rice has signed well and clearly got the squad onside. That's all deserving of plenty credit. 

Edited by Waspie