The Official ‘Hi-Risk Anus PM’ Clusterfuck Thread

Granny Danger

13 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Voting is a serious business and shouldn’t be taken lightly.

If someone can’t be bothered doing the administration, then they don’t deserve the vote.

How would you go about voting illegally? Just so we know it's a real and not invented threat to democracy.

48 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

No idea but I do think there should be rules in place to ensure that only the entitled get the vote.

A bit like immigration where countries demand to see your passport. No passport, no docs, no entry. Long-standing rules which everyone knows about.

Having the right to vote in your own country is like trying to get into a different country?

Cripes.

12 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

How would you go about voting illegally? Just so we know it's a real and not invented threat to democracy.

Haven’t a clue.

All I know is that I have a postal vote for which I completed some paperwork and then they send me the voting forms before an election.

Not rocket science and very simple for anyone who is interested in voting.

If voting doesn’t interest you then fine, don’t bother.

5 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

This is basically an attempt to stop anyone under the age of 60 and without an income of 30k + from voting. 

If they’re so adamant about ensuring the correct person only voted once will they be banning postal votes used predominantly by Conservative voting pensioners.  After all you’ve not confirmed the ID of who actually filled in the ballot paper (could easily be a friend or relative and not the named voter). Best make the oldies drag themselves to queue at the polling station to be ID’d to stop the remote chance someone filled in someone else’s ballot paper. 

56 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Haven’t a clue.

All I know is that I have a postal vote for which I completed some paperwork and then they send me the voting forms before an election.

Not rocket science and very simple for anyone who is interested in voting.

If voting doesn’t interest you then fine, don’t bother.

I've heard plenty stories about "Party X" activists going round old folks homes, asking the residents to sign & provide their date of birth on the postal voting statement, but not actually giving them the ballot paper. I wonder who all these voters end up voting for?

I also used to undertake the presiding officer role at elections. As you could see the polling station from my front door, it was all my friends, relatives & neighbours that were voting . I would personally know around 1/3 of the voters, and my polling clerk would also know around 1/3. Anyone trying a bit of personation was taking a hell of a risk of being recognised or the personation being discovered when the real voter turned up later.

The postal vote is far simpler to cheat, but strangely, DPB's party of choice don't seem to be bothered. Funny that.

The massively anti ID card Tories wanting to introduce eh......compulsory ID checks to express a basic democratic right in the UK, you couldn't make this stuff up right now.

Anyone who argues this is anything other than an attempt to actually influence the outcome of an election is blinkered beyond belief (or Trolling). There is no electoral fraud so there has to be some other reason for it.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/nov/08/justice-for-gav-williamson-devotees-rally-behind-britains-finest-fireplace-salesman

"So Gav had told the chief whip to f**k off. To stop pussing him about. That was just everyday bantz. And he had told a senior civil servant at the ministry of defence to slit his throat. That had been an act of kindness. He had simply thought the person had been choking on a crisp and was merely suggesting an emergency tracheotomy. He was trying to save a life.

And as for Gav telling someone to jump out the window, that was just a bit of fun. He had never intended anyone to die. Just to get paralysed from the waist down. People should just learn to chill a bit more. So, Rish! wanted everyone to know that Little Gav had his utmost confidence.

Up to the point when more evidence emerged that Gav was yet another Billy-No-Mates Bully with a fragile ego. Then Sunak would pretend he had no idea about Gav’s reputation for treating people in an unacceptable manner. And no one had mentioned to him Gav had twice been sacked for disloyalty and incompetence. But if push came to shove, Rish! would sack him in a heartbeat. Anything to protect himself."