The Official ‘Hi-Risk Anus PM’ Clusterfuck Thread

Granny Danger

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Liz is back, it could be her

‘I’ll be voting for her; all this woke nonsense these days, and she had the common sense to fire the black gentleman without being worried about tribunals and what have you’ - Folkestone Conservative Party member, probably 

Edited by carpetmonster

26 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

That's top trolling by Sunak.

It certainly is......................

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/feb/07/lee-anderson-tory-deputy-chair-one-man-controversy-machine

"The worries about Anderson are less what he represents than what he is: a one-man controversy machine, whose trenchant views on the world are presented as unvarnished common sense but are seen by sceptics as performative and unnecessarily divisive.

A former Labour councillor and office worker for Gloria De Piero, the Labour MP he replaced in Ashfield, Anderson achieved notoriety even before entering parliament with a Facebook video diatribe about nuisance tenants on a local housing estate.

These, Anderson opined, should be made to live “in a tent in the middle of a field” and pick vegetables for 12 hours a day before a cold shower."

30 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

30p Lee at it again. He's just a walking clickbait machine.

It's no wonder they Tories love him though. And just a pity he'll be out on his arse next year.

I give it a couple of months before Sir Kier is actively considering this for the Labour manifesto.

Would further solidify his commitment to chasing the Brexit vote.

I love the Lee Anderson stuff. 

Rishi, trying to come across as the competent managerial type putting the country back on track...and has brought a human hand grenade into the inner circle. This can only result in various meltdowns between now and election time. Delicious. 

3 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I love the Lee Anderson stuff. 

Rishi, trying to come across as the competent managerial type putting the country back on track...and has brought a human hand grenade into the inner circle. This can only result in various meltdowns between now and election time. Delicious. 

Sometimes I'm not so sure. The promotion into positions of authority of the Braverman, Badenoch and 30p (hang 'em high) Lee sorts coupled with 'stop the boats and don't give in to the union barons' ravings - thus playing the Daily Mail/Express card - might actually work for a surprising proportion of the voters. 

They have budget slots (tax cuts) to play with and a massively influential right wing press to trumpet their praises for quite a while before they have to put themselves at the mercy of the electorate.  Watch out for the 'Starmer shagged my hamster' headlines half way through the campaign.  Look how long the Daily Mail kept 'currygate' going...

Mind you, I wouldn't put it past Labour to score own goals, particularly if the economy has gone 'Bristols up' and they don't fancy having to fix it.