The Official ‘Hi-Risk Anus PM’ Clusterfuck Thread

Granny Danger

12 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Some of these b*****ds, don't believe it. Cynical fucks like Johnson happily pushed the buttons of racists and used the language but there's no conviction there. Just a cynical calculation that he'll get the votes. 

It's this next generation of Badenhochs and Bravermans who appear to he idealogues and those who follow, who'll committ the crimes people will talk about and be taught in school for generations.

Bawjaws and others laid the ground for this shite and they will be no less culpable when it happens. 

I think Johnson is racist with conviction. He's just incapable of taking anything seriously so his expression of racism is to make fun of people. To be fair, he probably regards the anglo saxon lower orders as similarly beneath contempt too. 

I'm a rather unenthusiastic Guardian reader, finding it less shite than it's rivals rather than actually good, but every now and then one of it's writers really hits the spot -

"Either he appointed a home secretary with a vicious demagogic streak knowing she is useless, in which case he has wilfully sabotaged one of the most important departments in Whitehall for no obvious gain, or he did it because he is blind to Braverman’s deficiencies, in which case he shares them."

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/nov/02/rishi-sunak-suella-braverman-british-politics-austerity-hostile-environment

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

I think Johnson is racist with conviction. He's just incapable of taking anything seriously so his expression of racism is to make fun of people. To be fair, he probably regards the anglo saxon lower orders as similarly beneath contempt too. 

I think his only real conviction is his belief in his own superiority and in acting entirely in vain self interest.  

These motovations are just as despicable are unacceptable but, i just don't think his heart is in it, for anything other than what's best for me. 

Maybe it's a semantic difference but I see it as a limiting factor in the descent towards the horrors of history. He's too concerned with how he will be remembered by history, how many statues and bridges might be named after him to risk having any actual inherent beliefs, other than there should be loads of them. 

I worry that these newer fuckers, given licence and succour by Johnson actually believe this shite, and are therefore much more dangerous. 

Why did Sunak change his mind about attending COP 27?

1.  He tossed a coin;

2. A fortune teller told him that the stars said he should go; or

3. Because he realised it would make him look weak and spineless if he didn't go and BoJo did. 

Another possibility is "to get away from his increasingly rabid looking Home Secretary" , but I thought 3 was enough. 

Sunak’s ‘justification’ for not holding a GE is that he is following through with the 2019 election manifesto upon which the Tories were elected.

Some of the promises made during his leadership campaign seemed to contradict that.  Now, however, it’s difficult to know where he stands but any supposed legitimacy for not going back to the electorate seems to be up in smoke.

7B5BD446-D9D3-482A-A897-5AF056F18E4A.thumb.jpeg.428f5896789619616be8ab2b1aea838a.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Could you imagine the reaction if someone in the Scottish Government said the highlands was being invaded by people coming from across the border 

We don’t even need to imagine it. Even with the Scottish Government rejecting that kind of attitude, you see far-right Tory filth like “Effie Deans” championing Brexit and demonising foreign “invaders”, whilst having the barefaced cheek to wring their hands about Holyrood being the real nasty bigots.

24 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Wrong

Its from the same country.

Absolutely no equivalence.

Aye but he said "could you imagine the reaction if someone from the Scottish Government said....." they would be on the front page of the right wing press (pretty much every paper) being called a racist and must resign.

You were quiet for a wee while but still loving the "brilliant budget at the right time"  I havent been following but I would imagine its gone down pretty well with the public and markets alike?

25 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

In all seriousness can anyone point out one thing that has improved in the UK since 2010?

The equality act was introduced then which has been an improvement.

Scotland introducing the Scottish child payment however this is only necessary because of rising child poverty, largely thanks to the absolute disasters Westminster have been stuck in for over a decade now.

Struggling now...

So after austerity, general uncertainty and Trussonomics the people of the UK now face higher interest rates and huge hikes to their mortgages.

The folk who voted Tory certainly deserve this, sadly millions who didn’t are now having to suffer it too.

And yet there are still some who turn their back on Independence.

Edited by Granny Danger

The Tories are now squeezing their own support base with mortgage hikes, as well as tax rises and austerity to come (which hits most people, aside from the super wealthy). 

Meanwhile in Scotland, Swinney axes £1 billion from public services, and the future SNP prospectus for Independence (in their view) remains deep cuts to the public sector budget for the first 10 years or so.

Really just depends if you like your austerity wearing a blue rosette or a yellow one.

14 minutes ago, Jedi said:

The Tories are now squeezing their own support base with mortgage hikes, as well as tax rises and austerity to come (which hits most people, aside from the super wealthy). 

Meanwhile in Scotland, Swinney axes £1 billion from public services, and the future SNP prospectus for Independence (in their view) remains deep cuts to the public sector budget for the first 10 years or so.

Really just depends if you like your austerity wearing a blue rosette or a yellow one.

What the SNP are doing in Scotland just now isn't imposing austerity, it's rejigging a fixed budget settlement to allow for the impacts of high inflation and to fund public sector pay increases that take at least some of the cost of living increases into account. Either you understand that and are arguing in bad faith or you don't understand and your contributions should be treated accordingly.

Really?..so public sector pay is going to rise by 10%..Don't think so.

The 'nothing to do with me, it's all Westminster' from 'honest' John (despite Scotland having control over its income tax bands and rates).

It's a 'political' choice on the part of the SNP. As a party which is pro-big business and private sector, it makes sense for them to go after the public sector instead.Otherwise why would they be proposing such deep cuts to public services when Scotland 'does' have the full levers of financial control post-Independence? Despite the B of E still calling the shots, mind you.