The Official ‘Hi-Risk Anus PM’ Clusterfuck Thread

Granny Danger

24 minutes ago, TxRover said:

It depends how the payments are structured. If you refer to dividends from companies, the company has paid taxes on the income from which they distribute dividends…but, by the same token, the company pays taxes on the money they then use to pay salaries, and the money distributed as salaries certainly isn’t tax free. That theory doesn’t hold water.

Dividends are paid post tax, salaries are an expense and are therefor paid pre tax.

May've already been mentioned in this thread but Trevor Noah has rightly received a lot of criticism for white knighting Sunak. Hopefully that'll cause more Scots and Brits to realise that US-based liberals are not their friend. Noah has previous form, of course...

Edited by FreedomFarter

4 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

May've already been mentioned in this thread but Trevor Noah has rightly received a lot of criticism for white knighting Sunak. Hopefully that'll cause more Scots and Brits to realise that US liberals are not their friend. Noah has previous form, of course...

is white knighting not solely related to gender and supporting women?

3 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

is white knighting not solely related to gender and supporting women?

Screenshot_20221031-102145.jpg.528d6735efacec3aa9b1935ae948074e.jpg

I was only aware of the above general definition until googling it just now and you're right, there's multiple other definitions. The phrase is used in business, "white knight takeover", to mean an entity arriving to acquire a company ahead of a hostile takeover black night. In psychology, "white knight syndrome" is someone whose self-esteem or sense of purpose is derived from helping others to a such a large extent whereby it becomes self-defeating. There's a feminist definition, "White Knighting is an attempt at being a feminist ally that assumes that men are better feminists than women are". Then finally, there's a sort of incel definition which is less clear than the others but is something to do with women being bitches, as expected.

So, aye, not a good phrase to use as there's too much scope for misunderstanding with it, which I now realise.

I meant to add an additional (less pedantic) point but never had time earlier.

Re the Noah/Sunak issue, I think Noah has (unintentionally?) over sensationalised and conflated negative reaction to Sunak's appointment with the assumption that most criticism is entirely based on race - as opposed to criticism on the basis that Sunak's appointment typifies the shit-show that UK politics has now become solely on account of self serving decisions by the Tory party, leading individuals within such as Sunak, and their right-wing donors. 

However seeing the likes of Piers Morgan - a man who devotes many days of the week to vilifying Meghan Markle solely on the basis of her ethnicity - react to Noah's misplaced criticism of the "welcoming and inclusive British people" is truly a sight to behold. 

Edited by KingRocketman II

2 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

Re the Noah/Sunak issue, I think Noah has (unintentionally?) over sensationalised and conflated negative reaction to Sunak's appointment with the assumption that most criticism is entirely based on race - as opposed to criticism on the basis that Sunak's appointment typifies the shit-show that UK politics has now become solely on account of self serving decisions by the Tory party, leading individuals within such as Sunak, and their right-wing donors. 

However seeing the likes of Piers Morgan - a man who devotes many days of the week to vilifying Meghan Markle solely on the basis of her ethnicity - react to Noah's misplaced criticism of the "welcoming and inclusive British people" is truly a sight to behold. 

Wouldn’t have put you down as Piers Morgan watcher?

17 hours ago, Fullerene said:

Dividends are paid to shareholders but shareholders are not necessarily individuals. 

A shareholder could be an institution or another company such as a hedge fund or a pension fund.

15 hours ago, oaksoft said:

From the mouths of HMRC themselves:

Dividends are derived from a shareholding and not employment. They cannot therefore be classed as earnings and do not attract NICs.

But even in the hands of individuals dividends are taxed at a reduced rate compared to other income, like interest or royalties. 

As @TxRover says, this is supposed to be double tax relief as the company paying the dividend will already have paid tax.  It used to be an actual tax credit and the arithmetic has drifted so it doesn't quite work out to the penny.

I can see the argument for this. 

But in my view limited liability benefits investors at the expense of broader society (see credit crunch, recent pension fund bail out and all administrations and liquidations) and it is right that investors pay for that protection through corporation tax. Then pay in full on the income they receive. 

On 27/10/2022 at 12:36, btb said:

Three days in and RS is already caught between a rock and a hard place - he'll not want to sack Braverman as it will be a sign of poor judgement but she's a loose cannon and will continue to embarrass herself & the Tories in the minds of most people. 

Impossible not to laugh...

Loose Cannon Pirate GIF by Smoke & Bacon Media LLC

Every answer to every question at the lobby briefing should be followed up with "but is that true or will you say something different next week?"

Screenshot_20221031-135919_Chrome.thumb.jpg.316c6dc57d37c65ff20b15dc1de37750.jpg

The fuckers are just ripping the credibility of government and therefore its ability to function to shreds. I wonder if anyone will explain to them why its important that the people running the country need to be believed.

Also imagine the 6 months long hysterical screeching from the jockish press if Nicola tried to pull something like this. 

1 hour ago, KingRocketman II said:

I thought it was because a young Meghan knocked the sweaty creep back years ago. Although he does seem the sort to be utterly furious at a non-white person marrying into the Royal Family also. 

In summary, he's either a racist or a sweaty creep. 

Maybe both. 

1 hour ago, KingRocketman II said:

Sure, Morgan et al are criticising Noah from the right. They're upset at Noah's (entirely correct) suggestion that UK racism is informed in part by a fear of backlash. This has been apparent at least since Enoch Powell's "in this country...the black man will have the whip hand over the white man" speech. To object to Noah mentioning this is simply a case of the truth hurting for these folk.

It was criticism of Noah from the left I was interested in, though. Noah appealed to anti-racism where none was needed in order to run defence for Sunak. He did that by cherry picking a single phone-in call from a radio show (LBC). I don't think intention matters as much as outcome here. Whether or not his intention was to make an anti-racist point, he still ran defence for Sunak. But this is how US-based liberals are. Class analysis doesn't come into their thinking. A Dalian Atkinson could never have been the example Noah used, it had to be a Rishi Sunak. 

1 minute ago, Day of the Lords said:

I thought it was because a young Meghan knocked the sweaty creep back years ago. Although he does seem the sort to be utterly furious at a non-white person marrying into the Royal Family also. 

In summary, he's either a racist or a sweaty creep. 

Maybe both. 

It's the classic British tabloid "give us an elusive and maybe a wee flash of your knickers or we'll pay for private detectives to harass your family and dig up classmates who remember you shiting yourself in PE in 1987."

The frothing hatred of Meghan from Piers and his ilk is directly attributable to her telling them to get fucked. 

1 minute ago, williemillersmoustache said:

It's the classic British tabloid "give us an elusive and maybe a wee flash of your knickers or we'll pay for private detectives to harass your family and dig up classmates who remember you shiting yourself in PE in 1987."

The frothing hatred of Meghan from Piers and his ilk is directly attributable to her telling them to get fucked. 

True. After all are we not talking about the guy who authorised the hacking of Millie Dowler's phone? I'd be absolutely stunned if Morgan isn't outed in a future Operation Yewtree-type situation. He's a total wrong 'un. 

11 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

True. After all are we not talking about the guy who authorised the hacking of Millie Dowler's phone? I'd be absolutely stunned if Morgan isn't outed in a future Operation Yewtree-type situation. He's a total wrong 'un. 

He 100% pejured himself in the Levenson enquiry. 

And the b*****d newspaper editors agreed to keep John Whittingdales, the then DCMS secretary, whoring out of the papers in exchange for binning Levenson 2. 

Joke country.