The Official ‘Hi-Risk Anus PM’ Clusterfuck Thread

Granny Danger

10 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

At various points in the past I have committed benefit fraud by working on the side while signing on. I wonder if I'd have been given a "second chance" if I'd been caught? Hmm. While I truly welcome the chaos, and am now absolutely convinced that Sunak will prove to be just as useless as his two predecessors, if not even worse (hard as that may be to believe), I'm actually rather angry about the utter shamelessness of these people. 

star-trek-next-generation.gif

Three days in and RS is already caught between a rock and a hard place - he'll not want to sack Braverman as it will be a sign of poor judgement but she's a loose cannon and will continue to embarrass herself & the Tories in the minds of most people. 

Impossible not to laugh...

33 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

At various points in the past I have committed benefit fraud by working on the side while signing on. I wonder if I'd have been given a "second chance" if I'd been caught? 

Apparently all you have to so is admit you made mistakes and apologise.

Naw, in the real world my mother's widows pension (from my deceased father's work pension) increased by a few pounds a month in April. Being in her 80s and not very tech-savvy, she didn't notice the few extra quid in her bank account. DWP find out, say she had not informed them of a change in circumstances and ordered not only a payback of Pension Credit for the period, they also issued her with an additional £50 civil penalty.

No chance to say "looks like I made a mistake, I'm sorry".

18 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Naw, in the real world my mother's widows pension (from my deceased father's work pension) increased by a few pounds a month in April. Being in her 80s and not very tech-savvy, she didn't notice the few extra quid in her bank account. DWP find out, say she had not informed them of a change in circumstances and ordered not only a payback of Pension Credit for the period, they also issued her with an additional £50 civil penalty.

No chance to say "looks like I made a mistake, I'm sorry".

That is horrendous.

59 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

At various points in the past I have committed benefit fraud by working on the side while signing on. I wonder if I'd have been given a "second chance" if I'd been caught? Hmm. While I truly welcome the chaos, and am now absolutely convinced that Sunak will prove to be just as useless as his two predecessors, if not even worse (hard as that may be to believe), I'm actually rather angry about the utter shamelessness of these people. 

I don’t think you’re in any position to be angry after confessing to your own shameless behaviour.

I think the word might be ‘hypocrite’.

Wee Risky spends double the annual U.K. salary sending his kids to private school.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/23079706.rishi-sunak-challenged-private-schooling-daughters-cabinet/

I bet this cost of living crisis must be really hitting him.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Wee Risky spends double the annual U.K. salary sending his kids to private school.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/23079706.rishi-sunak-challenged-private-schooling-daughters-cabinet/

I bet this cost of living crisis must be really hitting him.

He might 'spend' that but that's not what it costs him. 

Schools are deliberately omitted from the Charity Commision's list of registered charities for a reason.

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Reminds me of that story about a Glasgow wedding. 

The reception was in full swing, everybody having a great time, when suddenly the groom grabbed a microphone and announced : "I'm sorry folks, the wedding's off, everything's cancelled, some basturt's just fucked the bride"

A few minutes later another announcement. : "Its okay, carry on, he's apologised"

So much for him having a bounce in the polls...

Labour still with a 28% lead...

Labour 51%

Tories  23%

So he is polling about the same level as Truss so far

4 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I don’t think you’re in any position to be angry after confessing to your own shameless behaviour.

I think the word might be ‘hypocrite’.

Strangely, I disagree. I have every right to be angry, and I'm not a hypocrite. At the times I refer to, I would have been considerably worse off, to the point where I would have struggled to pay my rent, if I'd told the dole that I had found paid employment. I dare say heroic, wealth-generating, successful businessmen like yourself would have been more than happy to pay for my COEC homeless accommodation where I'd probably have ended up, but I didn't much fancy it.

11 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Strangely, I disagree. I have every right to be angry, and I'm not a hypocrite. At the times I refer to, I would have been considerably worse off, to the point where I would have struggled to pay my rent, if I'd told the dole that I had found paid employment. I dare say heroic, wealth-generating, successful businessmen like yourself would have been more than happy to pay for my COEC homeless accommodation where I'd probably have ended up, but I didn't much fancy it.

You have to remember that DPB is exceptionally hypocritical himself. If he agrees with legislation, it must be followed by all. However, if he disagrees, it's perfectly OK for him to ignore it. Just look at any thread where he discusses flouting lockdown requirements if you need  some proof.

His pontification can safely be ignored.

Sunak refusing to attend COP27 and demoting Alok Sharma, ‘Secretary for COP’ (somehow a thing) from cabinet is a pretty clear attempt to cut one of Farage’s routes to a comeback off at the knees. He’s been making noises about starting a No to Net Zero party of late and was latterly furious at Johnson for somehow being “in thrall” to “green zealots”. Which was clearly made up but there we are.

Farage and his ilk have a real hard-on for Sunak for some reason (I mean I could take a wild guess) so I do think his return for the next GE is fairly likely, at this stage I’d imagine as ‘The Borders Party’ or similar. But clearly it’ll be yet another Conservative leader dancing to the tune of the far right.

To be honest while I was never going to vote for him, I did think Sunak might be the boring PM we probably need right now. Everything I’ve seen from him since his first Downing St address suggests Johnson with a nicer suit.

17 minutes ago, Paco said:

Sunak refusing to attend COP27 and demoting Alok Sharma, ‘Secretary for COP’ (somehow a thing) from cabinet is a pretty clear attempt to cut one of Farage’s routes to a comeback off at the knees. He’s been making noises about starting a No to Net Zero party of late and was latterly furious at Johnson for somehow being “in thrall” to “green zealots”. Which was clearly made up but there we are.

Farage and his ilk have a real hard-on for Sunak for some reason (I mean I could take a wild guess) so I do think his return for the next GE is fairly likely, at this stage I’d imagine as ‘The Borders Party’ or similar. But clearly it’ll be yet another Conservative leader dancing to the tune of the far right.

To be honest while I was never going to vote for him, I did think Sunak might be the boring PM we probably need right now. Everything I’ve seen from him since his first Downing St address suggests Johnson with a nicer suit.

Another u-turn on fracking incoming? 

1 hour ago, lichtgilphead said:

You have to remember that DPB is exceptionally hypocritical himself. If he agrees with legislation, it must be followed by all. However, if he disagrees, it's perfectly OK for him to ignore it. Just look at any thread where he discusses flouting lockdown requirements if you need  some proof.

His pontification can safely be ignored.

If I flout any legal requirements I am very happy to take the consequences.

To be fair to Bad Wolf he’s admitted his criminal behaviour albeit he’s unlikely to be caught.

I admire his industry in obtaining paid work but I don’t think it’s right to be taking benefits from the rest of us at the same time. 

On 17/08/2022 at 16:54, Dawson Park Boy said:

...transcending all individual opinions is the LAW. 
As an example, I’m not keen on abortion but I think the law has it about right in respecting the rights of the mother with that of the unborn child. People disagree on this but the law should be obeyed...

...My overall point is that people can have many and different viewpoints but the law of the land must be obeyed no matter how disagreeable it may be.

15 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

If I flout any legal requirements I am very happy to take the consequences.

Two completely irreconcilable statements from our resident chief hypocrite.

I rest my case 

3 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Another u-turn on fracking incoming? 

How many fracking u-turns are we going to get?

ETA
I was going to add ‘from one government’ but I’ve lost count of the number of governments we’ve had since the last GE.  Johnson had about four, plus Truss had a couple and now we’ve got Wee Rishi Sunak.

Edited by Granny Danger