The Official ‘Hi-Risk Anus PM’ Clusterfuck Thread

Granny Danger

James Cleverly needs a Hilton style "Be less gay" T-Shirt to wear to Qatar.

This comment is pointless other than to offend, why not tell LGBT people what they can't do in order not to get battered by the local polis, presumably throwing plastic furniture around will be allowed but not rainbow coloured stuff.

12 minutes ago, 101 said:

James Cleverly needs a Hilton style "Be less gay" T-Shirt to wear to Qatar.

This comment is pointless other than to offend, why not tell LGBT people what they can't do in order not to get battered by the local polis, presumably throwing plastic furniture around will be allowed but not rainbow coloured stuff.

FWIW, public displays of affection are not allowed regardless of sexuality, so LGBT people should have no real issue in an every day sense.

14 hours ago, sophia said:

The bolded part is true and true beyond the shadow of a doubt.

Any re-writing of history or "I was right all along" nonsense is the work of charlatans.

Without the vaccine and without the counter measures, many more would have succumbed, perhaps I would have been one. I'd have been furious if that happened.

It's been scientifically proved that the long run mortality rate was completely unaffected by lockdowns, it wasn't moved at all. 

3 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

What's sky fairyism and where has homophobia been defended?

Sky fairyism is the belief in a deity as defined by an organised religion.  (I’m pleased to help with your P&B education on this point).

Your comment FWIW, public displays of affection are not allowed regardless of sexuality, so LGBT peopleshould have no real issue in an every day sense. is dogwhistle homophobia, particularly in the context of the post to which you were responding.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Sky fairyism is the belief in a deity as defined by an organised religion.  (I’m pleased to help with your P&B education on this point).

Your comment FWIW, public displays of affection are not allowed regardless of sexuality, so LGBT peopleshould have no real issue in an every day sense. is dogwhistle homophobia, particularly in the context of the post to which you were responding.

Belief is a personal thing and doesn't deserve to be belittled by term which is not even trying to dogwhistle, as you put it.

My comment was factually true and was indicative of the fact that the LGBT issue is dominating almost every story needlessly.

Just now, jimbaxters said:

Belief is a personal thing and doesn't deserve to be belittled by term which is not even trying to dogwhistle, as you put it.

My comment was factually true and was indicative of the fact that the LGBT issue is dominating almost every story needlessly.

Belief in organised religion is the opposite of logic and deserves to be belittled at every opportunity.

As for your second paragraph, yeah the world would be a far better place if all these non heterosexuals would just keep quiet!

22 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

FWIW, public displays of affection are not allowed regardless of sexuality, so LGBT people should have no real issue in an every day sense.

Holding hands? 

Cuddling? 

Or is it just limited to kissing etc

12 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Has he mentioned his religion at any point in this process? If not, what are you on about?

No, but commentators certainly have, as well as the showing of the candles at No 11 photo which I had also seen on TV in the past week. It seems important to him.  It's only important to me to the extent that he keeps it to himself. If he does, fine by me. 

People's beliefs are for people to hold and I have absolutely no problem with that. Mrs Salt and Vinegar has different beliefs from me, and we've been together for decades. 😁 You'll note that I passed no comment on my own view of his belief system; my comments were on the possible implications of his belief system on public policy, and a sideways dig at a seemingly odd kind of political career "reincarnation". 

I hope nobody is naive enough to claim that religion/s generally play an unimportant (and in my view unacceptably large) part in UK politics. Bishops in the legislature and the "rather odd" situation whereby our Head of State must also be the Head of a Church (and swear an oath to defend it) demonstrate its perceived importance.   The Coronation Oaths are heavy on protecting one religion... "His people" don't get a look in. 

What an effing stupid country. 

8 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Starmer is pish. No surprises for Rishi to have to think on his feet about. Sunak could just stand there making fart noises. 

It should have been shooty in for Starmer. I'm not watching but his first question should have been simple and it would have put Sunak in a position. "Was Suella Braverman correct to resign last week for committing a self confessed security breach?"

9 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Starmer is pish. No surprises for Rishi to have to think on his feet about. Sunak could just stand there making fart noises. 

Starmer should ask Sunak if he supports the caste system or if he is willing to denounce it.

Of course Starmer won’t ask that.

In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if Starmer supports the caste system.

Edited by Granny Danger

20 minutes ago, Rugster said:

It should have been shooty in for Starmer. I'm not watching but his first question should have been simple and it would have put Sunak in a position. "Was Suella Braverman correct to resign last week for committing a self confessed security breach?"

That was broadly his first question.  

A better one would have been. "When a minister breaches the ministerial code, should they resign and if so for how long?"