The Official ‘Hi-Risk Anus PM’ Clusterfuck Thread

Granny Danger

Who would have thought a few years ago that the Maybot would actually turn out to be probably the 'best' (very loosely) Tory PM there has been. The current joker is just as bad as both Johnson and Truss, only incredibly even more corrupt.

Sunak presumably continuing to hand over 100 billion of public money to the energy giants as well.

Meanwhile in Europe:

Germany, Italy, Spain and Norway  introduce a windfall tax on energy companies.

Spain, Germany, Poland, Holland, Italy and France guarantee a freeze on bills for 1 or 2 years (Germany)

Still, you can see the benefit of the UK taking back control to line the pockets of multinationals, while 'freezing' bills for a whole 6 months by contrast.

4 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Suella Braverman as the actual Home Secretary. Again. I had low expectations, but fucking Hell.

Can you imagine the conversation the staff might have had?

"Thank God Patel is gone...oh f**k they found someone worse...she's gone now, thank the Lord...oh for fucksake!

Let’s get this straight:

Braverman, a leading rightwinger, was sacked by the prime minister because she sent an official document from her personal email to a fellow MP, in a serious breach of ministerial rules.

The draft written statement on migration was deemed highly sensitive because it related to immigration rules, which potentially have major implications for market-sensitive growth forecasts from the Office for Budget Responsibility.

So in this brave new squeaky clean Sunak government a minister who resigns because of a serious breach of ministerial rules can be reappointed a week later TO THE SAME JOB.

Did Sunak not say that he would be 'implementing the 2019 manifesto'?

Look forward then, to (in the next 2 years)

40 new hospitals 

20,000 more nurses

No tax increases

sorting out the Irish border

the triple lock on pensions staying

about 100,000 extra childcare places

A Democracy Commission (which sets out further devolution)

increase spending on education to level up to £5000 per pupil (despite 90% of English schools last week saying they were on the verge of bankruptcy)

and of course 'levelling up'

What a guy, shouldn't be too difficult for him to achieve all that, once he has shrunk the state properly next week.

Edited by Jedi

All these idiots coming back, it's the feeling you get when Yogi and Mark McGhee get hired yet again by some deluded Scottish club chairman.

What Sunak should have done with the right of the party is what the Tories did with the Lib Dems during the coalition. Recognise it's a necessary evil to have them in cabinet but give them all the shite jobs 

Meanwhile the great levelling up project is going really well:

An alleged fund of £4.8 billion which has so far delivered £5 million to Scotland so a whole £1 on average for everyone.

South East (richest area outside London)- £9 million

North East (poorest part of England)- £ 5 million

Total delivered in the first year out of £4.8 billion......£107 million

Still, Sunak will be along to declare it a roaring success.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Wish the Beeb would press them on confirming if she has broken the official secrets act or if the documents she was sending from Gmail weren't sensitive. 

It was probably the PO for Rwanda Airways to allow them to invoice. 

Sunak clearly takes his religion seriously. I'll leave it to others to opine on whether that's a good thing or a bad thing in a political leader. 

It was a pretty extreme example of the Hindu belief in reincarnation, bringing Braverman back in. As I understand it, (happy to be corrected) one's reincarnated status depends on how moral you were in your most recent previous incarnation.  For someone who acted so badly a week ago that they had to resign or was fired to be back in the same job within a week is extraordinary. Had Truss still been PM, Braverman would still be out on her backside. The offender is the same; the act was apparently serious. There can be no grounds for her return. 

Also I confess that I find someone who thinks that folk "come back next time" to be a worrying person to be in charge of dealing with the poor and destitute. Can't afford to heat or eat? Well, never mind, next time you'll come back as wealthy as Jacob Rees-Mogg. 

Edited by Salt n Vinegar

18 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Sunak clearly takes his religion seriously. I'll leave it to others to opine on whether that's a good thing or a bad thing in a political leader. 

It was a pretty extreme example of the Hindu belief in reincarnation, bringing Braverman back in. As I understand it, (happy to be corrected) one's reincarnated status depends on how moral you were in your most recent previous incarnation.  For someone who acted so badly a week ago that they had to resign or was fired to be back in the same job within a week is extraordinary. Had Truss still been PM, Braverman would still be out on her backside. The offender is the same; the act was apparently serious. There can be no grounds for her return. 

Also I confess that I find someone who thinks that folk "come back next time" to be a worrying person to be in charge of dealing with the poor and destitute. Can't afford to heat or eat? Well, never mind, next time you'll come back as wealthy as Jacob Rees-Mogg. 

Has he mentioned his religion at any point in this process? If not, what are you on about?