The Official ‘Hi-Risk Anus PM’ Clusterfuck Thread

Granny Danger

Surely only utter simpletons like DPB would paint furlough as any kind of altruistic gesture [emoji23]
Sunak quite simply realised that the alternative was catastrophic levels of unemployment and an already creaking universal credit system would have collapsed under the weight of hundreds of thousands of new applications. 
You'd have claims not being dealt with, existing claims crashing and probably civil unrest within weeks, if not days. 
In summary, Sunak for many reasons (including support of the Rwanda scheme) is a little Tory c**t. 
Furlough was never about looking after people but looking after businesses.

2 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

I honestly believe the only way we can force a GE is through a General Strike, but I think that shipped sailed a while back 

General strikes are so 1926, we're all capitalists now. Apparently. I know I am, in the sense that I grudgingly concede that we probably shouldn't slaughter the entire ruling class in a basement in Yekatarinburg, or Beattock, which amounts to the same thing. Not right now anyway. 

To clarify, I don't believe a GE can be forced, I believe the Tories will find a way of engineering one to let themselves off the hook for a few years; while simultaneously convincing our beloved southern neighbours (or SECs, as I like to call them) that it's all some sort of Scottish/Commie/Russian/Guardian reader conspiracy and they're not really a bunch of preternaturally incompetent, unspeakably venal sh*tehawks wholly owned by hostile foreign agents, state or non-state.

6 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
9 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:
Surely only utter simpletons like DPB would paint furlough as any kind of altruistic gesture emoji23.png
Sunak quite simply realised that the alternative was catastrophic levels of unemployment and an already creaking universal credit system would have collapsed under the weight of hundreds of thousands of new applications. 
You'd have claims not being dealt with, existing claims crashing and probably civil unrest within weeks, if not days. 
In summary, Sunak for many reasons (including support of the Rwanda scheme) is a little Tory c**t. 

Furlough was never about looking after people but looking after businesses.

Wrong.

It saved both.

If businesses fold, people lose their jobs.
Not hard to grasp.

1 minute ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I wasn’t a fan of Truss but I quite liked her direction of travel.

She totally mishandled things so she deserved to go.

You approved of everything she said she was going to do, despite every expert on the planet saying it would crash the economy.

1 minute ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Alister Jack stays as Scotland secretary

Alister Jack has been reappointed as secretary of state for Scotland under Rishi Sunak, a role he has been in since 2019.

Huzzah...............................

Wee Bowie will be gutted after declaring early for sunak aswell 🤣

4 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Alister Jack stays as Scotland secretary

Alister Jack has been reappointed as secretary of state for Scotland under Rishi Sunak, a role he has been in since 2019.

Huzzah...............................

Must make him just about the longest serving Cabinet Minister (certainly in the same role) but then his only job is to take whatever bullets are coming his way due to Westminster's indifference to Scotland, too insignificant to get fired - well paid non-entity!

Edited by btb

4 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Every expert on the planet thought that lockdowns were necessary.

Where did that get us?

I make up my own mind about things.

So just to keep us up to speed on your approach to “experts”:

Those who advised lockdowns: bad - ignore them.

Those who advised against Brexit: bad - ignore them.

Those who advise against Scottish independence - good, listen to them!

1 minute ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Every expert on the planet thought that lockdowns were necessary.

Where did that get us?

I make up my own mind about things.

They were until we had vaccines.

Everyone makes up their own mind, just because you follow a different bunch of experts than the rest of us doesn't make you special, certainly not in the sense you imply.