The Official ‘Hi-Risk Anus PM’ Clusterfuck Thread

Granny Danger

Rees-Mogg defends his bill getting rid of retained EU law from Commons backbenches after his resignation

In the Commons MPs are debating the retained EU law (revocation and reform) bill. The bill was drawn up by Jacob Rees-Mogg when he was business secretary, and it even has his name on the face of it, but Rees-Mogg resigned this morning (see 12.51pm) and the debate was opened by Dean Russell, a business minister (at least for now).

Patrick Grady, the former SNP MP who now sits as an independent, raised a point of order to describe the bill as a “vanity project” for a backbencher.

He said:"I have the bill in front of me and it says it is presented to the House by Mr Secretary Rees-Mogg, but the member for North East Somerset is sitting on the backbenches of the House. Could you explain to the House how on earth we can possibly proceed with what was essentially a vanity project for that particular individual? Would it not be better if he tries his luck with a 10-minute rule bill or in the private members’ bill ballot?"

In response, Dame Eleanor Laing, the deputy Speaker, said that while ministers change, “government, however, is seamless”. She said it did not matter whose name was on the bill.

Rees-Mogg might have been expected to take the afternoon off. But he has been in the chamber, and has just delivered a speech defending his bill from the backbenchers. He dismissed claims that getting rid of EU laws would lead to protections being removed. And he claimed the bill would be good for devolution, because devolved authorities would get powers previously exercised by Brussels

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I’m certainly in a minority of one on here, but I applaud from the rafters people who have made a success of their lives and have become very rich as a consequence. Let’s have more Dysons, Ratcliffs and the rest. Okay, some will be a bit dodgy but we also get a fair share of dodgy teachers and public servants.

If the business folk like the ones you mentioned were on PAYE like most teachers and civil servants, you might have a point. 

1 minute ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Dowden and Cleverly both at No 10, so..........which one for FS ?

Cleverly I would expect. Dowden to Home office, and Shapps out?

Nadihm Zahwi is back. No female appointments as of yet.

Sunak doesnt want to leave massive debts to our children and grandchildren that "we were too weak to pay ourselves".

Too weak !

Get in the sea you absolute fuckwad, this isnt about the rest of us being "weak" its largely due to decisions you trust fund wanksocks caused.................