The Official ‘Hi-Risk Anus PM’ Clusterfuck Thread

Granny Danger

6 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

FFS he is as wooden as Truss. That was awful. 

The Guardian agrees 😆 :-

Sunak promises to serve 'with integrity and humility' as he says UK faces 'profound economic challenge'

"Rishi Sunak starts by paying tribute to Liz Truss for her leadership, saying she served “under exceptionally difficult circumstances”.

He is humbled to have been elected leader of the Conservative and Unionist party, he says. It is the greatest privilege of his life “to be able to serve the party I love and give back to the country I owe so much to”, he says. He goes on:

But there is no doubt we face a profound economic challenge. We now need stability and unity. And I will make it my utmost priority to bring our party and our country together. Because that is the only way we will overcome the challenges we face and build a better, more prosperous future for our children and our grandchildren.

I pledge that I will serve you with integrity and humility, and I will work day in, day out, to deliver for the British people.

That barely counted as a speech. Sunak’s delivery was wooden, and the content did not really rise above cliche. But his tribute to Truss was generous, and his reference to “integrity and humility” suggests that he is keen to show that he marks a departure from Boris Johnson, as well as from Truss too."

So in the next few days we will have a multi-millionaire imposing swinging cuts to public services to keep his corporate pals in the 'market sector' happy. All the while waving through bankers bonuses.

We know austerity doesn't work, having suffered from it for years from 2010, and that it doesn't lead to 'growth' in the economy, quite the opposite, but time to prepare for it again now.

3 minutes ago, Jedi said:

So in the next few days we will have a multi-millionaire imposing swinging cuts to public services to keep his corporate pals in the 'market sector' happy. All the while waving through bankers bonuses.

We know austerity doesn't work, having suffered from it for years from 2010, and that it doesn't lead to 'growth' in the economy, quite the opposite, but time to prepare for it again now.

Better together apparently though. 

Just now, Jedi said:

Rishi is about to embark on trying to prove the veracity of "Albert Einstein's Law of Insanity".

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.”

2 hours ago, RiffRaff said:

I think that before we get too critical of our current PM we should wait until he picks his Cabinet and see what Zoomers are in it first.

Alister Jack for Scottish Secretary! Oh, wait...

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

The BBC are discussing what "the market thinks" like a bunch of Pagan priests declaring the god of fertility is happy with a ritual sacrifice. 

I don’t for a second believe that these twats could plan going for a piss and a shit at the same time, but if they had planned to soften us up for toryb*****dnomics, it’s all gone swimmingly