The Ton v Inverness Caley Teuchters, 28-10-22

39 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Yes he was shite for us but we brought him in to a stuttering side in the January window and he hadn't played a game for a couple of months since leaving some Irish team if I remember right.  Wouldn't be the first shite Ayr January signing to do well for someone else in this league  (Nicky Cadden and Scott Tiffoney spring to mind)

Nicky cadden is probably one of the best players I’ve seen put on a morton strip the guy was different class and quite rightly got his move down south and looks to be doing just as good 

3 hours ago, Reid said:

Still think ICT have a good chance of getting 3 points here tbh.

8C6A371F-1291-4DBC-A747-83C376D696C7.jpeg

Still to read about 10 pages been enjoying a few shandies after the game.

But I understand Efe registered last Friday and served suspension on Dundee game.

Edited by Paisley Ton
I have seen the future

Back to the actual game.

C Blues, picked by every manager, slated by 75% off supporters on here, not me.

Did a great job tonight.

Hear a few want to give the first goal to Muirhead, yes it was over the line but linesman and ref said no!!!!

So Blues follows up and sticks it in the poke ref says goal!!!!

So it must be his.

Baird was a stand out and Robbie was top also Dougie has him  buzzing and he deserves full backing from the support.

f**k it I going to have another shandie or actually some of the water of life.

Edited by Paisley Ton
Improvement

On 27/10/2022 at 15:59, SandyCromarty said:

giving it the Billy Big Baws.

Y’know, just for once this idiot just might have got it right.  Ain’t life wonderful?? 
😁🤣😁🤣

Edited to add - funny how said idiot has been nowhere to be seen on here tonight as his team get reamed, hammered and SLABBERED  tonight, ain’t it? 😁 Ah well, a fine weekend awaits us all…….     Thanks a lot, SIR DOUGLAS IMRIE!!!   👍👍👍😁😁😁😁

Edited by Rudolph Hucker

8 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

Back to the actual game.

Did a great job tonight.

Hear a few want to give the first goal to Muirhead, yes it was over the line but linesman and ref said no!!!!

So it must be his.

Baird was a stand out and Robbie was top also Dougie has him  buzzing and he deserves full backing from the support.

Hope the shandie is poured in to a mug with Cammy blues on it 

5 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

Back to the actual game.

Did a great job tonight.

So it must be his.

Pretty sure the linesman did give it to Muirhead. From one of the replays he was already heading back up the line before the ball went in the second time.

Didnt expect anything from the game with the injuries we had but the performance was shocking. We have started the season reasonably well but I don’t remember ever leaving a game thing we’ve played well. Maybe the Cove game but that’s about it.

2 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

So how long until a bigger team come in for Dougie? Before Christmas I reckon 

I believe this is known as 'bargaining'. It still won't stop your outfit getting effortlessly put to the sword next week though. 

IMG-20220313-WA0007.jpg.1358f3462ffdd4f170519b480b520fca.jpg

The turnaround with some of our players under Imrie is truly remarkable:

Baird has been good all season, but was probably motm tonight;

Blues was excellent, full of running, aggressive, looking to run beyond the forwards;

But Bonnie Prince Robbie… f**k me: never seen him put in a shift like that, never seen him so confident going onto his right foot. ICT weakened at centre-back, no doubt, but Muirhead made them look like total ringers.

As for big Efe, he was maybe running on adrenaline in his first game, so we shouldn’t get too carried away; but he looked tonight like he’s on his way to cult hero status.

As said earlier, if Imrie can add one or two in January as shrewdly as he’s done so far, this could get interesting…

There are many positives to take from tonight but what stuck out to me was the amount of running the team did off the ball especially second half was incredible. I thought we would be blowing out our arses towards the end chasing the ball from side to side constantly but they just kept going all game. 

2 minutes ago, port-ton said:

There are many positives to take from tonight but what stuck out to me was the amount of running the team did off the ball especially second half was incredible. I thought we would be blowing out our arses towards the end chasing the ball from side to side constantly but they just kept going all game. 

Aye, Imrie spoke of little else in the first few weeks after he took over and we’re beginning to really see what he wanted: what some clowns from other teams are laughably calling ‘anti-football’ is in fact based on energy, commitment, decisiveness, and, on our day, ruthlessness. Add guys at the back who understand that their first priority is to defend the box and one or two further forward with a bit of quality and you have a style that’s perfectly adapted to the demands of this league.

(If Billy Dodds happens to be reading… you’re very welcome.)

Ambrose does seem like just such a lovely guy happy to be playing football. He will have mistakes in him, but so does every defender at this level. His experience could be invaluable, especially if Lithgow’s out long term.

Gunning was a proper “What the f**k are you doing at this level?” standout. Not sure Efe’s quite that anymore, but he could be close if he keeps those performances up.

On 24/10/2022 at 11:16, Stephen Malkmus said:

Even with about 20 players out injured I'm confident that we'll give these a doing

On 26/10/2022 at 10:07, bdu98196 said:

Hopefully we wont need to rely on our sparse bench providing your team isn't full of cloggers and hammer throwers..............however given what we have seen in recent games this season the opposition seem to want to injure our silky starlets to try halt the Caley skooshing this competition.

On 26/10/2022 at 14:02, bdu98196 said:

100% triggered.

JS106651760.thumb.jpg.b4b7154ef6aaf7141eb6586b2b5bd09f.jpg

8 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

The turnaround with some of our players under Imrie is truly remarkable:

Baird has been good all season, but was probably motm tonight;

Blues was excellent, full of running, aggressive, looking to run beyond the forwards;

But Bonnie Prince Robbie… f**k me: never seen him put in a shift like that, never seen him so confident going onto his right foot. ICT weakened at centre-back, no doubt, but Muirhead made them look like total ringers.

As for big Efe, he was maybe running on adrenaline in his first game, so we shouldn’t get too carried away; but he looked tonight like he’s on his way to cult hero status.

As said earlier, if Imrie can add one or two in January as shrewdly as he’s done so far, this could get interesting…

I would agree Baird was MotM I thought he was excellent last night. 

Efe came in without playing for a while and fitted in really well alongside him. Efe is a big character and can see why he got the award. He's clearly not matchfit so he needs to just keep to the basics in the next few games, just defend and don't try to be clever on the ball.

Robbie done some amount of work off the ball and I would say I've never seem him put so much effort into a game. His hold up play was very good and he can whip some really dangerous balls in from set plays.

But a player who's maybe falling into the "unsung hero" category is Crawford. What a brilliant signing he has been for us!

McGratten is like a new signing for us. Really coming onto a game and deservedly holding his place in the team. 

So many positives just now and if we can keep it up until January then maybe Dougie can add to the squad and see where it takes us! 

I've generally liked Ambrose, but he was hilariously bad for Dunfermline against us on two separate occasions last season. Hopefully having a good manager and a better structure will work for him.
He was but played well in home game at East End. Had his crap games but not lying when I say he was decent overall tbh.

13 hours ago, Nelson said:

Dougie Imrie is a rascal.  Registering Ambrose before the Dundee game just so he could give Inverness false hope.

Now you mention Dundee. There's always the chance this is another vanishing email. Or they forgot to actually press send 

15 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

At least Mr. Gardiner knows how to check a suspension list.

The asterisk beside Ambrose's name on that list confirms that the suspension should be reimposed upon the player's registration for a new club. Thanks for the 3 points lads, close the thread.

Score as many as you like, you've already fucked it.

portillo.jpg.cfa1cd91558a17125fa34c7aa0ee24e9.jpg

Fair enjoyed that last night- especially given the tankings we've taken from them in the past. That was our biggest win against ICT since our first Scapa meeting in 1999. 

ICT were off the blocks quicker than us but our defence was excellent and we took our chances (with assistance) when they came. I initially celebrated the first goal when Ridgers fumbled it and didn't see Blues follow up.

Second half we let them run around a lot and have possession but they did little with it. Pleased for Blues in particular getting his goal. Robbie asked the referee how long was left after the 4th so he clearly fancied getting to six. Ambrose clearly wasn't match fit but strolled the game.

I love Dougie Imrie.

Edited by AyrshireTon

We were dreadful last night terrible performance. Morton had 6 shots 5 on target and they scored 4 of them. We had 11 shots 2 on target and didn't convert any of our chances the first 3 goals were totally avoidable too. Only so much you can blame on injuries the players on that pitch just simply didn't give 100%. Seems to be drama happening behind closed doors which clearly is affecting morale. Like last season this could be our best chance of going back up and it looks like we're messing it up again. Gonna  be a tough few weeks if you ask me..... 

4 minutes ago, Supercaleyman94 said:

We were dreadful last night terrible performance. Morton had 6 shots 5 on target and they scored 4 of them. We had 11 shots 2 on target and didn't convert any of our chances the first 3 goals were totally avoidable too. Only so much you can blame on injuries the players on that pitch just simply didn't give 100%. Seems to be drama happening behind closed doors which clearly is affecting morale. Like last season this could be our best chance of going back up and it looks like we're messing it up again. Gonna  be a tough few weeks if you ask me..... 

I looked at these stats and couldn't quite believe it. The problem is that they don't differentiate between a sitter missed from 6 yards and a speculative punt forward from 60. Apart from a brief period at the start Morton were pretty much on top. You are right about the first three goals, nonetheless you were well beaten and it could have been more.