Raith v Partick

Thistle improved to tepid after half time, but the first half display was one of the poorest I've seen at this level in the last few years. A big, burly backline being bullied by an out of sorts Kyle Connell and the Lollipop Guild's own Aidan Connolly.

It's the season for it, and Harry Milne looks like he's been Freaky Friday'd. Presumably somewhere in Los Angeles Jamie Lee Curtis' body is bombing up and down a touchline, dominating in the air and arriving late in the box to cause havoc. 

Huge credit to the Rovers though. Murray choosing to switch ends is a huge call, and while it'll never feel right, going and banging in three before half time is pure vindication. 

I think you could argue that all of the back four had their best individual performances of the season. If any didn't, it's Connor O'Riordan, and only because of the high levels he's already set. There were a couple of hairy moments, but by and large they kept Thistle at arm's length. 

Seeing Vaughan back is incredible. Almost a moment to catch in the throat, knowing what he's been through. I've no idea how close he was to that late cross, but if he'd put it in the net the roof might've come off. 

And finally, I didnae notice Ian McCall waving his wee cap aboot like a daft fud the day. Not in the mood for it, Jobby? 

Perversely enjoyed the second half also. Was nice game management and the back 4 looked solid.

O’Riordan is Rolls Royce at this level and only just 19 - he could progress to a very nice level in the game. 
Dick looks faultless at CB and Ngwenya offered a lovely forward out ball in the 1st half. 

Super stuff Rovers and 7 points from 9 is nice, especially when we shoulda beat ICT also. All this and Vaughn back with Lang not far away. 

2 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Perversely enjoyed the second half also. Was nice game management and the back 4 looked solid.

O’Riordan is Rolls Royce at this level and only just 19 - he could progress to a very nice level in the game. 
Dick looks faultless at CB and Ngwenya offered a lovely forward out ball in the 1st half. 

Super stuff Rovers and 7 points from 9 is nice, especially when we shoulda beat ICT also. All this and Vaughn back with Lang not far away. 

Lang might struggle to get a game for a while. The whole back 4, including the much maligned Millen and Dick, are playing really well at the moment, and Ngwenya at left back suits us very well. Not much I can say about O'Riordan that hasn't been said before. I wish he was ours. Thought Scott Brown had another good game today too. All in all, very pleasing.

Would be getting the contact out for Liam Dick after his recent performances at centre half. Hardly put a foot wrong for weeks, if not months. Him and O’Riordan are steady as it comes. In the last 5 games we’ve conceded a last minute penalty from a dive and a brilliant header v Inverness. 

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

In the last 5 games we’ve conceded a last minute penalty from a dive and a brilliant header v Inverness. 

Try wiping your salty tears away before watching the video footage Ian. 

IMG-20220313-WA0007.jpg.1358f3462ffdd4f170519b480b520fca.jpg

28 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Sit doon. Even you don't believe that.

Good win for Rovers who have struggled in front of goal but I was expecting more goals from your team in the second half. 

1 minute ago, jagfox said:

Good win for Rovers who have struggled in front of goal but I was expecting more goals from your team in the second half. 

Dangerous to be trying to score when the team has got the cigars out in every position.

One set of supporters should certainly be annoyed after the game, but it's not the boys in blue.

Due to a late turn of events I couldn't make the game today. A bit annoyed at missing the return of Vaughan but absolutely delighted with the win. 

Any OTT fist pumping from Murray at the end, or was it a polite acknowledgement to the South Stand? Could make or break my evening. 

Took us the first ten minutes of the first half to get going but after that it was pretty comfortable.  Changed days from last season when you’re watching us and feeling confident that our defence will see things out.  

Thought Dick and Millen both had good games and O’Riordan strolled it as normal.  Credit to Murray, the change in Stanton and Dick compared to last season is incredible, Millen too is looking a much better player than he did the first few weeks of this season.

Easton had a bit of a shocker, nothing he tried came off and even simple passes were going astray.  But in fairness to him, he never hid and kept looking for the ball and trying things.

Quite happy that it seems Murray is genuinely intent on carefully and slowly bringing Vaughan back in.   Would have loved to have heard the reaction if he’d got on the end of that cross towards the end.

14 minutes ago, virginton said:

Try wiping your salty tears away before watching the video footage Ian. 

IMG-20220313-WA0007.jpg.1358f3462ffdd4f170519b480b520fca.jpg

Why oh why do you constantly out yourself as a p***k of the highest order.Poundland troll?  Is there not much going on in your life? Wife/girlfriend left you? Or is it just an absolute need to be seen? We see you virginton. We see you. I’m torn between feeling sorry for you and cringing. Leaning towards cringing.

11 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Due to a late turn of events I couldn't make the game today. A bit annoyed at missing the return of Vaughan but absolutely delighted with the win. 

Any OTT fist pumping from Murray at the end, or was it a polite acknowledgement to the South Stand? Could make or break my evening. 

We just all applauded each other. It was very moving. Ian Murray is a great lad.