Raith v Partick

I thought Connell would have let Connolly take the penalty for his hat trick.

Aso, I was suprised we got that penalty - the defender had got off with exactly the same thing earlier. However, it was nothing like as soft as the one Morton got against us last week.

Edited by Raith_Raver

57 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
3 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:
Great win

Played some braw stuff in the 1st half and no need to go gung ho in the 2nd.We saw the game out with relative ease
Comfortable win
No soft penalty for me.Modern day football its a penalty all day long
Fairly disappointing crowd given the bring a friend for a fiver deal.Lack of friends among adult season ticket holders?emoji1.png

Remember it's only adult season tickets. I bet about half are kids and over 65s.

I think there were a few glitches with that deal, my sons ticket (Adult) came up saying his email address said he  was ineligible for the deal. Also I feel the Rovers didn't communicate the deal well regarding the rules. Far better if they said if you have any season ticket you can get another fan in of the same value for £5, eg adult + 1 adult or Child + 1 child or OAP + 1 OAP.

I think the deal still brought in a few hundred extra though. Attendances this season have gone from the lowest gate Cove ( 1500) & Morton (1600) to Dundee (3222) with Ayr and Partick games being around 2000-2100 (app 200-300 away support?) That shows an increase of about 300-400 on the core support (1400-1500).

With Dick at 27 and Lang at 25, IF Lang comes back to his previous level, we look set for several years at CB. Nolan, at 23, is well positioned to work into a very decent CB too, especially with Dick showing a lot of Berra/Benedictus like leadership to help marshall the other defenders and keep us playing well. Millen has looked transformed from his earlier woes as he has settled in and Ngwenya offers a view of what is possible on the other side. I hope Young is developing enough to be able move into that role next year, if we don’t have some other plan there, but that would be our one question mark going forward for now.

I really hope we can keep O’Riordan for the season, but Crewe seem to be steadily dropping points, and leaking goals at an increasing rate, so I would be very surprised if they let him stay here with his potential. At the bottom of English League 2 the margins are very tight, and the fiscal penalty for falling out of the League is so tremendous, it would be immensely foolish of them not to try everything to avoid the trapdoor…but their fans are saying the leadership down there is just that.

5 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

I think there were a few glitches with that deal, my sons ticket (Adult) came up saying his email address said he  was ineligible for the deal. Also I feel the Rovers didn't communicate the deal well regarding the rules. Far better if they said if you have any season ticket you can get another fan in of the same value for £5, eg adult + 1 adult or Child + 1 child or OAP + 1 OAP.

I think the deal still brought in a few hundred extra though. Attendances this season have gone from the lowest gate Cove ( 1500) & Morton (1600) to Dundee (3222) with Ayr and Partick games being around 2000-2100 (app 200-300 away support?) That shows an increase of about 300-400 on the core support (1400-1500).

Scottydog, that is by far the best suggestion I’ve seen from this fiasco. The £5 for a likewise concession friend would be a blinder of a call…and you could also offer £10 for an adult friend of a concession to ease some of the objections others had too.

I mostly agree with Scottydog . Every s/t holder could invite a friend & we would still have plenty of empty seats which earns zero income . Some posters appear to struggle with this idea (& much else.)  Kids U12 only pay £5 on match days anyway so I would like to see youngsters under 21 have a special friend offer of say £2. We appear to have lost a lot of our young support this season & should do all we can to encourage them back as well as those lost due to DG.

4 hours ago, JAR said:

I mostly agree with Scottydog . Every s/t holder could invite a friend & we would still have plenty of empty seats which earns zero income . Some posters appear to struggle with this idea (& much else.)  Kids U12 only pay £5 on match days anyway so I would like to see youngsters under 21 have a special friend offer of say £2. We appear to have lost a lot of our young support this season & should do all we can to encourage them back as well as those lost due to DG.

There has been a noticeable reduction in Stone Island tat and lynx body spray in the last few home games that's for sure. It would be great to get them all back, minus the inappropriate chants. 

12 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

There has been a noticeable reduction in Stone Island tat and lynx body spray in the last few home games that's for sure. It would be great to get them all back, minus the inappropriate chants. 

Lynx body spray ?  that is so funny 😁 brilliant 😆

The signing of Millen was rubbished, with fans of oher clubs joining in the chorus. Murray knows what he's doing and has called everyone of the keyboard experts out.

He had a good game yesterday, aye. Nobody has called anyone out yet because he’s had a couple of half decent games though

He needs to carry this form on though. I hope he does.

The clubs with the ticket scenario after covid will now have a better understanding of what catering etc they require on a match day. Having a bring a friend for free with no details taken would potentially cause either woeful under stocking or excess being bought and wasted.

1 hour ago, CountryBumpkin said:

You should have been at Inverness, a few of them were trashing the seats in the stand and firing abuse at anyone who told them to calm down.

23 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

You should have been at Inverness, a few of them were trashing the seats in the stand and firing abuse at anyone who told them to calm down.

Probably the same bunch who were throwing up at Arbroath and swaggering around like they owned the place.