Raith v Partick

19 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Hopefully same crowd next week, felt like the south stand was fuller than normal. There’s enough desire on the park that should see the casual punter return.

Just over 2100 with - I think - just under 400 Thistle fans.

Today is the 4th time I've watched Lewis take to the pitch after recovery, if he could make this the last time that would be great, I'm fed up welling up and looking like a softy*

* I'm so fucking proud of his attitude and his devotion to Raith Rovers.

First is such a good strike, isn’t it? Uses the defender and just guides it round him into the top corner. Satisfying the way it hits the net, as well. Second one - it’s nice that, whilst we can play some great football at times, we can also chuck it in the box and make chances that way. For all that we were excellent to watch under McGlynn, you felt that every goal had to be a well worked team effort and it’s nice to just throw it in the box and score a sclaff every now and then. The third is probably of the soft variety, but you’ll take them all day. Really enjoyable Saturday. 

Edited by Hank Scorpio

Absolutely unreal Football the first half, working they triangles so well knocking it about. And then you’ve got the Goals, all excellent on their own merits.
2nd half, which is something I’m glad we’re adding in - was great game management.
Huge opportunity next week, home to Hamilton to really kick us up the table - dinny f*ck it Rovers!
COYR!

Great win

Played some braw stuff in the 1st half and no need to go gung ho in the 2nd.We saw the game out with relative ease

Comfortable win

No soft penalty for me.Modern day football its a penalty all day long

Fairly disappointing crowd given the bring a friend for a fiver deal.Lack of friends among adult season ticket holders?😄

22 minutes ago, milhouse said:

We were shite but there's no way that's a penalty.

Having seen the replay I think it's actually Connell that's holding onto the defender. Very soft but the defender gets played and falls for it. Maybe he'll learn from that going forward. 

Great win

Played some braw stuff in the 1st half and no need to go gung ho in the 2nd.We saw the game out with relative ease
Comfortable win
No soft penalty for me.Modern day football its a penalty all day long
Fairly disappointing crowd given the bring a friend for a fiver deal.Lack of friends among adult season ticket holders?[emoji1]
Remember it's only adult season tickets. I bet about half are kids and over 65s.

Thought we scored against the run of play but then we go and score again and it was only ever looking like a home win, despite having been here before (Hamilton!!). After the first two go in, things seem to go from bad to worse for Thistle as absolutely nothing goes right for them, for any other manager than McCall I may have felt a shred of sympathy for him but remembering his (and Fosters) antics at full-time at Firhill last year... f**k him!

Great game management from Rovers to keep them quiet in the second half and special congrats to O'Riordan who despite his tender years plays like a veteran, what a talent that kid is. In retrospect he was my MotM.

Good displays all round but I'd like to single out Millen and Connell the former for his solid play and the latter for doing a power of work that got us the 3 goals, they've taken pelters in recent weeks so it's only fair that we praise their efforts when they do well.

Wonderful to see Vaughnny back, how we'd have loved it if he could have got a toe on the end of that late cross.

If ever there was an example of how the importance of the 1st goal cannot be understated then this was it!  Goals change games and had they scored 1st or got 1 (or 2) in the second half it could have been so different, kudos to GM and the team for so professionally seeing it out.